1267 users online (228 members and 1039 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MN - LeeAnna Warner, 5, Chisholm, 14 June 2003

Last edited by CW; 07-19-2005 at 06:23 PM. Reason: changed victims name to correct spelling

Have there been any updates at all on Leanna's disappearance??

I can't get this little girl out of my mind...if anyone has heard any reports in the last couple of weeks, please post!!

Thanks!

Aussie

I can't remember whether this was posted before the forums were down but this is from August 3rd. It's kind of long but it talks about when they 'finally' decided on the possibility of it being a stranger abduction and strategies they've used to see if she's connected to any other cases, etc.

Missing LeeAnna: A family endures while authorities struggle for answers
    Jill Burcum, Star Tribune

Published August 3, 2003

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4021285.html

thanks up2

I was looking for that article last night...

a few things that caught my eye in the article was

""We're not perfect," said Chris Warner, a heavy-equipment mechanic at the nearby taconite mine. "But we have nothing to hide.""

so the mapquest location I had posted before showing the processing plant is right next to were Chris LeeAnna's father worked, could it actually be someone he works with?

there is still no mention of the man in the neighborhood with the star tattoo on his arm.

the article doesn't mention LeeAnna was last seen running down the street chasing a little black dog.

"Chris and Kaelin Warner said they have been interviewed numerous times by law enforcement officers and were told that they are "cleared." They said officers told them that's why the couple has not been asked to undergo lie-detector tests."

the pickup truck mentioned in the neighborhood was brown, I still haven't seen anything about a light blue one with a trailer hitch.

The Rock The Range Festival was going on that weekend, and we still haven't heard how closely they've checked out the people that were there from for the concert.

They were at the lake before going home the evening LeeAnna disappeared, does anyone remember anyone suspicious out there watching the Warners?

I'm betting the perp is someone the whole family knows. That's just my gut. They came into contact in the recent past.

I think the perp is someone the family knows as well.

A little girl goes missing and nobody notices...

Could it be a neighbour???

Aussie

I told myself I wasn't gonna post here anymore (regarding Leanna) as it was too upsetting..1) that a 5yr. old has been missing and absolutely no coverage on her has been in my area (ie. NJ/NEast); 2) The parents (now I learn that they felt 4 hours of her missing was not worthy of 911 being that their little girl was very "friendly" and could be anywhere innocently???

What 5 yr. old is not friendly and curious? Why would a parent allow a 5yr. to be "anywhere" for 4 hours innocently if she was only 5? These "parents" regularly did not know where she was for lengths of time on end as normal?

I tend to think the perp does live in that area, doesn't take the sharpest knife in the drawer to get a clue this child was an easy target. And yes, I feel these parents SHOULD hold blame for allowing this to happen. THE perp is a perp regardless of these parents negligence but she was not taken from her home she was when she was all by herself, in broad daylight and they a good 4 hours to get the hell out of there w/not a trace of evidence. Even the neighbors were so used to seeing her alone they didn't do anything.

I'm done..unfortunately don't see this little angel coming back any time soon. NO EXCUSE IN THIS DAY AND AGE PARENTS?!!!!
    So many clowns, too few circuses.

Amen Bailey1.

Sad, but it's the harsh truth.

Aussie

Just a little story I was told the other day that amazed me.

My FIL was walking to school in OROVILLE (if you can believe that), when a car stopped by a little girl standing by her driveway (large acre land houses). The girl screamed, and intead of running toward her house, or to the bus stop where the other kids were heading, she ran into the field opposite her driveway. The guy gets out of his car and chases the little girl into the field, pulling down his pants on the run. The girl was actually running towards her father, who was digging a hole in the field (FIL couldn't remember what it was for), so he couldn't be seen in the tall grass, in the hole. The little girl jumped over her father's head, and the guy chasing her fell in the hole...with Dad. Wasn't much left of the guy's parts from the story, and I wouldn't be surprised.

The whole story boils down to this guy was from 80 miles away, and cruised the small rural communities, looking for a victim. It didn't matter who, but if some child was in the wrong place at the time this piece of $%^# came by, he'd grab them. This was 45+ years ago, but no one knew because there was no massive television coverage, small town newspapers didn't pass the information on to other papers, and there was no internet.

People say it's different now, you have to be extra careful. It doesn't look too different, we just didn't KNOW we had to be careful back then.
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

Ghostwheel,

What a classic story!!! Thanks for sharing it!

And yes, you're right. We are all aware of the dangers that lurk these days, and know better than to let our children roam the streets for hours without checking up on them.

Aussie

1st strike law!!!

now that's justice...

first time you're caught...

wack off the winky

I'll admit that I agree the parents' lackadaisical bordering on negligient attitude is disturbing, imo. But what also bothers me is LE in this case. There's a paragraph in the article that I cited above that I wanted to quote but I can't right now because the Star Tribune website won't open for me so I'll have to quote it later. But anyway, it's something like they were talking about why they didn't issue an Amber Alert and one of the reasons they gave is because stranger abductions, according "to statistics", are supposedly rare so they were trying to claim it was natural for them to rule out the family first and rule out the possibility of her just being lost on her own before issuing an Amber Alert.

I mean, give me a break. I felt like I was reading the details of a disappearance from the days of yore on the cold case network. While it may be true that "stranger abductions" are "rare" by statistical data and family-related/someone known abductions are more common - the fact still stands that stranger abductions do happen however "rare" they may be. And even if it wasn't technically a "stranger", someone "familiar" could merely mean a neighbor or someone from their church, etc. etc - it still would have helped to have issued an Amber Alert regardless of whether the person involved was even remotely familiar to LeeAnna.
    As soon as LE found out that the family and neighbors had searched already for a few hours to no avail - they should have issued an Amber Alert asap! So, overall, I don't think the parents are the only ones to blame for the negligience here (although if she was allowed to go out like that regularly, I do agree that someone could have caught on to that pattern of her being alone). It sounds like LE was equally to blame as soon as they got involved in the situation. I completely understand the need to rule out family members; but, it is absolutely ridiculous that in this day and age they weren't savvy enough to be ruling out the possibility of a stranger abduction from the get-go too - especially since she was so young because they can't even try to claim that they thought she was a runaway or some cr@p like that.

I agree Ghostwheel. And there is never any news! Every morning, almost the first thing I do when I get up is the search the news for articles on Leanna. Nothing!

Somebody knows something. Maybe somebody just has an acquaintance who changed their appearance or began acting oddly or disappeared after Leanna was taken. If there were constant reminders in the media, this person might be guilted into tipping LE to their suspicions.

It's like she has just disappeared and life goes on... but where the **** is she?

The Star Tribune has this new article today. I can't personally get their website to open at this moment...though here's the link and intro:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/4045034.html
    The LeeAnna Warner abduction
    Chisholm, Minnesota
    Sunday service planned for missing 5-year-old -- (Star-Tribune) LeeAnna's grandmother, Lois Warner, said the service, which will begin at 7 p.m., is not a memorial service. Instead, it's "to give a message of hope that we have not given up, that we have faith that she's coming back home."

Thanks for posting the link Up2theminute. I was wondering why I didn't find the Star Tribute article this morning when I searched. Then I figured out that I was searching for "Leanna". Her name is actually spelled "LeeAnna". When I searched with the correct spelling, I found the article. But still, no news for a week or so, until today.

Just my opinion...

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast