1194 users online (223 members and 971 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Hmmm...I didn't know a bounty hunter could go after someone until they had been formally charged and unless they jumped bail. I guess I learn something new every day.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Hmmm...I didn't know a bounty hunter could go after someone until they had been formally charged and unless they jumped bail. I guess I learn something new every day.
    I didn't know that either. Unless it's a 'different kind' of bounty hunter. The ones out for the reward, you know, like in the old days.

True. I guess they can do that...like a private investigator.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

The DA saying that if he is in Mexico the death penalty comes off the table disturbs me in that by advertising that little fact gem, all the other murderers present and future now know where to go. Mexico. Guaranteed no DP and no real guarantee of extradition. Great.

Why doesn't the military override the DA in this case? Haven't they have in the past? Get Laurean back here first and have a military trial. He killed a fellow marine.

The DA saying that if he is in Mexico the death penalty comes off the table disturbs me in that by advertising that little fact gem, all the other murderers present and future now know where to go. Mexico. Guaranteed no DP and no real guarantee of extradition. Great.

Why doesn't the military override the DA in this case? Haven't they in the past? Get Laurean back here first and have a military trial. He killed a fellow marine.

I think life without parole might be worse than the DP for a coward like POS, he is only 21 years old! Facing 70 years in prison just might make him take care of the DP issue before he can be apprehended.

And it doesn't matter whether it's the FBI, the State of NC or the USMC, the DP is OFF THE TABLE if he is found in Mexico. They aren't gonna risk Mexico not cooperating in the future for even WORSE criminals just to kill POS, when LWOP in a super-max prison is probably as close to he!! on earth as a man like CL can get - followed by real He!! when he dies behind bars. His future will consist of a cage and being a "stellar possession" of NC's toughest prison. A couple of years of that and POS will be wishing for the DP every single day.

I just want justice for Maria And Gabrielle - and POS NOT EVER taking another free breath the rest of his sorry life is good enough for me. At 21, life in prison is kinda like being buried like Maria and her baby- except POS will be ALIVE!!!!!

My Opinion

I don't even care about the DP...just get his butt back to the US so he can be charged and locked up.
    No one that beats and kills a pregnant woman, the woman carrying his child, then buries them and sets them on fire deserves to be walking around free.
    I don't give a pigs ass what country he's from....get him back here so he can get his just reward. Murder charges and a trial.
    Last edited by philamena; 01-23-2008 at 01:36 AM.

Thank goodness this isn't pre-2005... because then not only could Mexico have not allowed him to be extradited on a death penalty case, but they also could have not allowed for extradition on a life without parole case. This changed in 2005 when the Mexican supreme court struck down their constitutional ban on life imprisonment.

So, as bad as it is that we have to compromise with Mexico on how we will handle those committing crimes in our country and fleeing to their country, at least now we can get the jerk back and put him away for life. Pre-2005, to get him back to the states to stand trial, we would have had to agree to let him have a chance to get out of prison, one day. :|

Cesar could have friends or family in high places in Mexico. They might be controlling what LE in Mexico is doing to find or to protect him. If so, he may never be brought to justice here. We have to rely on the Mexican government to arrest him and hand him over. If they are not willing to take him into custody...we are essentially without a way to bring him back.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Well, it's offical. He's in Mexico and visited his cousin in a liquor store last week.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324752,00.html

ETA: duh, you guys are already taling about this on the general thread. sorry for posting again.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ember View Post
    Well, it's offical. He's in Mexico and visited his cousin in a liquor store last week.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324752,00.html

ETA: duh, you guys are already taling about this on the general thread. sorry for posting again.

However that was last week, where is he this week....

Quote Originally Posted by panglossian View Post

Why doesn't the military override the DA in this case? Haven't they in the past? Get Laurean back here first and have a military trial. He killed a fellow marine.
    you've asked the question I've been wondering about...we all read about the fact that POS is military property. Can they go into another country and "retrieve" their property legally? I have no idea, but I LIKE the idea, LOL. I bet if that were the case, POS would have wished the civilian LE would have captured him rather than the Marines!

Cesar could have friends or family in high places in Mexico. They might be controlling what LE in Mexico is doing to find or to protect him. If so, he may never be brought to justice here. We have to rely on the Mexican government to arrest him and hand him over. If they are not willing to take him into custody...we are essentially without a way to bring him back.

I hate that this is what I am fearing...

My guess is drinking tequila, playing cards, and soaking up the sun with his friends and family. Party time for Cesar! He is free! (Maybe they just need to keep an eye out for huge gatherings where they are shooting guns up in the air and celebrating Cesar outsmarting the FBI, Marines, and American LE.)
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

My guess is drinking tequila, playing cards, and soaking up the sun with his friends and family. Party time for Cesar! He is free! (Maybe they just need to keep an eye out for huge gatherings where they are shooting guns up in the air and celebrating Cesar outsmarting the FBI, Marines, and American LE.)

Don't forget the bonfire SS. Gotta have the bonfire!

Susan

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast