784 users online (83 members and 701 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    848

    Angry I'm Angry: victim's mom, perp's wife

    I'm more than angry, I'm furious. This murder Victim's mother, and I use that term loosely, disgusts me. She never really defends her daughter, and almost seems relieved, to not have her/grandchild... per her multiple media interviews. She sickens me!

    Ok I got started,
    the perp's wife sickens me as well.
    I understand she has a child with the killer, but still, she had ample opportunity to turn the sicko in, before he fled!!!!
    Last edited by ShowerSinger; 01-21-2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: grammar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowerSinger View Post
    I'm more than angry, I'm furious. This murder Victim's mother, and I use that term loosely, disgusts me. She never really defends her daughter, and almost seems relieved, to not have her/grandchild... per her multiple media interviews. She sickens me!

    Ok I got started,
    the perp's wife sickens me as well.
    I understand she has a child with the killer, but still, she had ample opportunity to turn the sicko in, before he fled!!!!
    I like this quote:

    "I said she had problems with occasional compulsive lying."

    How can you be an occasional and compulsive

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    SO CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    11,332
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowerSinger View Post
    I'm more than angry, I'm furious. This murder Victim's mother, and I use that term loosely, disgusts me. She never really defends her daughter, and almost seems relieved, to not have her/grandchild... per her multiple media interviews. She sickens me!

    Ok I got started,
    the perp's wife sickens me as well.
    I understand she has a child with the killer, but still, she had ample opportunity to turn the sicko in, before he fled!!!!
    Maybe you should have posted this in Release Stress Here/Off Topic Area

    Her mother is a victim here, whether you approve of her or not.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9,061
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowerSinger View Post
    I'm more than angry, I'm furious. This murder Victim's mother, and I use that term loosely, disgusts me. She never really defends her daughter, and almost seems relieved, to not have her/grandchild... per her multiple media interviews. She sickens me!

    Ok I got started,
    the perp's wife sickens me as well.
    I understand she has a child with the killer, but still, she had ample opportunity to turn the sicko in, before he fled!!!!


    ===>>>This is Seriously Searching post #122, on #10 you need to
    Read this link very carefully, and get some real facts about Marias mom.


    quote"Here is an article that is a MUST read as it gives another due date of Jan. 15th and states that Maria told her mother she was going to the Christmas party. There is other information as to why her mother called her a "liar", etc. Very interesting!!!! "unquote

    http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/con...riainside.html

    .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Mary is a victim, but so is Maria. We do not know how or why counseling was required of Maria. Or if counseling was required at all. We do not know the circumstances of the story Maria told. It could have been Maria told others her dad threw a lamp at her brother. The the story gets passed around and the next thing you know it's turned into Maria supposedly said her dad threw a lamp at her brother nearly killing him. Maria's mother never discounts the story, but merely says that she assured Maria's superiors that her son is alive and well.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    Maria told one lie..How many people have told one lie in their life? We all have..and if you say you didn't then you just told your your lie! She was probably just looking for some kind of attention that she had lacked in her life..therefore she told a lie. Man I don't see why her 'lie' was even brought up to begin with and what it had to do with her missing/murdered! That is why I am angry at the mother! You don't even want to get me started on the POS wife.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,162
    Shower Singer, at the beginning of this case many of us here were furious at her mother because of the negative comments she made about Maria that hindered the investigation. With time, we have come to view MARY in a different light and to focus our anger on those responsible for this heinous crime and cover up.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticamom View Post
    Shower Singer, at the beginning of this case many of us here were furious at her mother because of the negative comments she made about Maria that hindered the investigation. With time, we have come to view MARY in a different light and to focus our anger on those responsible for this heinous crime and cover up.
    I felt the same way and was hoping that Mary would have a clue by now and possibly feel a bit of remorse for her comments. Her comments hurt the investigation. I had hoped that Mary would "get it". But yesterdays article and the headlines splashed all over the US about Maria's "problem with truth" shows me otherwise. Maria's mother wants to blame everyone else for that bit of info going public. She now has gone on record twice, that I know of, talking about Maria's lying and her bi-polar issues.

    IMO, the only reason for Mary to have brought these issues to the attention of LE, was because she herself believed that Maria had run off. How can she blame anyone else for believing the same thing?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,162
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I felt the same way and was hoping that Mary would have a clue by now and possibly feel a bit of remorse for her comments. Her comments hurt the investigation. I had hoped that Mary would "get it". But yesterdays article and the headlines splashed all over the US about Maria's "problem with truth" shows me otherwise. Maria's mother wants to blame everyone else for that bit of info going public. She now has gone on record twice, that I know of, talking about Maria's lying and her bi-polar issues.

    IMO, the only reason for Mary to have brought these issues to the attention of LE, was because she herself believed that Maria had run off. How can she blame anyone else for believing the same thing?
    I know, amd I don't condone Mary's having said these things. When I compare her behavior to Sharon Rocha's after Laci disappeared it is so vastly different. And it hurt to read that when Maria had first gotten to Camp Lejeune and would call home 3 or 4 times a day crying and begging for help, MAry was cold enough to actually screen the calls !
    That is so heartless and cold. I could never do that to one of my children, especially if they were crying for help.

    However, I don't gain anything by being angry at Mary, and anger only attracts negative things. So I decided to focus my anger and transform it into energy I can use to sleuth around and maybe find little clues and offer my ideas to others on this board.

    I don't know if I'll be able to help Maria, but it makes me feel useful, whereas anger will not.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Ticamom, I totally agree with you and understand.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mountains in California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Camper View Post
    ===>>>This is Seriously Searching post #122, on #10 you need to
    Read this link very carefully, and get some real facts about Marias mom.

    quote"Here is an article that is a MUST read as it gives another due date of Jan. 15th and states that Maria told her mother she was going to the Christmas party. There is other information as to why her mother called her a "liar", etc. Very interesting!!!! "unquote

    http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/con...riainside.html

    .
    Hi Camper, I wanted to let you I went back #122 on #10, just to see if I'd missed something . I'm so glad I did, certainly adds new light on Mary, now I understand some stuff a little better & makes more sense now. Thank you.

  12. #12
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671
    well i can't get the page to open in order to read it. Soooo, I did see read and i'm going to trust those here that have read and viewed.

    Her mother makes me stand up and go What the Blankity blank are you thinking woman? There is no logical reasons to have put anything out there like this about maria, cuz that's just her opinion, which is totally unsubstantiated.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Quote Originally Posted by KOOL LOOK View Post
    Her mother makes me stand up and go What the Blankity blank are you thinking woman? There is no logical reasons to have put anything out there like this about maria, cuz that's just her opinion, which is totally unsubstantiated.
    I wish she would quit talking. IMO, mom seems a little fixated on that one aspect of her daughter.

  14. #14
    KOOL LOOK's Avatar
    KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    I wish she would quit talking. IMO, mom seems a little fixated on that one aspect of her daughter.
    I agree. If the blinders are removed, big if, she's really going to seeee what she's done. Sometimes, Suzi, people just really don't realize the effect their very own words have on another. It brings my mind to what the Bible says about our words.

    Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it! Excellent speech becometh not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.

    I really wonder who is the liar? I don't count someone who has told a lie a couple times in their life a liar. We have all done it. So we're all liars. Most of my lying was done in the late teens, and it wasn't so much coming out of my mouth, but just done undercover and not said as I knew I was doing wrong. So I didn't rush and tell my mother.

    We may never know the full extent of this woman's damage and possible danger this put Maria in. I pray a lesson has been learned to be careful what flows out of our mouths, cause they do accomplish what their imagined to set out to do.

    Thanks Suzi for your posts, there always of a high caliber of character.
    Mygirlsadie, thanks for responding to my question earlier, I'm trying not to clog up the threads with personal sentiments.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas, Heart Of
    Posts
    1,669
    Are Maria's other siblings also adopted? Is Marie the ONLY adopted one? And WHY would her mother (Mary) have ANY INKLING of whether Maria's bio Dad was bi-polar?? Does Mary KNOW Maria's bio-mom?? Is she (bio-mom) a RELATIVE? Or is the bi-polar, compulsive liar thing something Mary herself (and only Mary) thinks? AND WHERE ARE MARY'S SIBLINGS AND FATHER????

    I get the idea that Mary was somehow a little resentful of Maria and was for years before she went into the Marines. While saying Maria was VERY athletic, close to her Dad (who hasn't said a WORD), Mary subtly runs Maria down. What I am getting is a feeling that Maria may have been less than interested in sex or romance with ANYONE and was not interested in the whole white picket fence, find a strapping young Marine, get engaged, have a big Catholic wedding that Mary had in mind for her daughter. And THEN she gets pregnant - without benefit of ANY of the above - what was Mary going to say back home??? Did ANY of Mary's friends even know Maria was pregnant before she went missing? Was Mary doing a little CYA of her own in the beginning?

    What sort of pressure was Mary putting on her daughter with every phone call - well, when she TOOK MARIA's CALLS, that is??? I do NOT get the impression Maria was bi-polar AT ALL, I get the impression she was 20, away from home for the 1st time, lonely, pregnant by "surprise" from a probable RAPE, and terribly unhappy - she wasn't "fitting in" with the other Marines at LJ BEFORE the attack and after she made it public, she was NEVER going to fit in. So she was accused of a lie BEFORE - at LJ she was lying about the rape and paternity to make the others on base LIKE HER. That isn't compulsive lying, that's SURVIVAL!

    I know Mary meant well, she was, after all, the driving force behind finding her daughter and MAKING the MC do SOMETHING! I just wish she had been a bit more discreet with her comments. Ahh, but there is NO BOOK for finding your missing pregnant daughter and no book for how to act when she is found buried in her accused rapist's backyard after 25 days. She has lost her child and her grandchild (her 1st?) and I am sure she never expected to end up in the He!! she has found herself in today. I just wish the REST of the family would step up a little and shoulder a bit of the burden and HELP get justice for Maria.

    My Opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2017, 11:00 AM
  2. Ga Robbery victim shoots, kills perp
    By Curious Guy in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2015, 09:44 PM
  3. One perp or more?
    By Rashi'sDaughter in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 10:02 PM
  4. Wife Discovers Hubby's New Wife/Life on Facebook
    By oh_gal in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 02:11 PM

Tags for this Thread