2008 Grammy Awards

Utopia

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is anyone else watching the Grammys tonight? I haven't watched them in a couple of years as I was in the UK last year and the last few times I remember watching, I had to stop because it was so awful. Tonight has been really great! Perhaps because it the 50th so there is a lot of retrospective stuff. Tina Turner was amazing, and does anyone know who that CHILD was that was singing "Let It Be"? That whole Beatles thing gave me the chills.

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone else was watching. Enjoy the rest!

Yes, I too have not been able to watch it for the last several years. It is a very good show tonight. The performance of Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" was just fantastic!

A lot of acts from the past... not slamming it though, because I love the likes of Tina Turner and all... but my daughter did text me asking if it was visiting night at the Grammy Awards Nursing Home LoL. (Forgive her, please, she's only 17... )

I was was waiting for Amy Winehouse to perform... she's still not back up to form, but she is looking healthier. Hope she keeps up with the rehab and gets back in tip top shape...

Is anyone else watching the Grammys tonight? I haven't watched them in a couple of years as I was in the UK last year and the last time I remember watching, I had to stop because it was so awful. Tonight has been really great! Perhaps because it the 50th so there is a lot of retrospective stuff. Tina Turner was amazing, and does anyone know who that CHILD was that was singing "Let It Be"? That whole Beatles thing gave me the chills.

Just wanted to check in to see if anyone else was watching. Enjoy the rest!

I don't, but wasn't his voice just GORGEOUS!

I don't, but wasn't his voice just GORGEOUS!
It sure was Ephaba, I'm sure it won't be the last we see of him - whatever his name is. No need to apologize for your daughter - I get it, though its been many years, I remember 17:eek:. Lots of old stuff but I think there has been a good mix of styles and genres overall - for a change.

Hubby and I were waiting for Amy Winehouse as well, you can say what you like about her, but man what a great voice. She sure looks older than 24 though eh? I'm sure the drugs and booze doesn't help.

And yes, I agree Always, Rhapsody in Blue was fabulous!

Agree with Rh. in Blue and Amy W.

I loved all the performances, well, except Brad P.'s tick song.

It sure was Ephaba, I'm sure it won't be the last we see of him - whatever his name is. No need to apologize for your daughter - I get it, though its been many years, I remember 17:eek:. Lots of old stuff but I think there has been a good mix of styles and genres overall - for a change.

Hubby and I were waiting for Amy Winehouse as well, you can say what you like about her, but man what a great voice. She sure looks older than 24 though eh? I'm sure the drugs and booze doesn't help.

And yes, I agree Always, Rhapsody in Blue was fabulous!

She does look older than 24... the last few months doing drugs, she was really showing the toll. Even though she has only been in rehab for a little over 2 weeks now, you can see a vast improvement.

I can remember when I finally got to put the voice to the actual person... I was surprised that such a big beautiful voice could come out of such a teeny tiny lady.

Hey, does Little Richard ever age? and his voice is still strong as ever... the man is awesome.

wait im confused...

i thought the Grammys were already played...with that whole boring thing with people just reading off the winners due to the writers strike??

IMO tonight's Grammy's show was one of the best.
There was someone for all generations. (I thought Jerry Lee Lewis was dead but there he was playing piano and singing. :) )
The only thing I didn't like was Kayne West saying the other's in his nominated category deserved the Grammy and he deserved it as much as they did.:waitasec:

wait im confused...

i thought the Grammys were already played...with that whole boring thing with people just reading off the winners due to the writers strike??

KC,
There was award show that was boycotted by the writers but I can't remember which one.

As of yesterday, the strike is all unofficially over... writers will be back to work by Wednesday. I think before an official seal is put on it, the writers will do an official vote... to which is a given that the vote will be in favor of what the writers were seeking.

Even if the strike was still on, the writers had been green-lighted to work on the Grammy's show so it could go on.

I think it was the People's Choice Awards that was done where the winners were just read off... I may be wrong. Oh, and the Golden Globes were cancelled due to the strike.

IMO tonight's Grammy's show was one of the best.
There was someone for all generations. (I thought Jerry Lee Lewis was dead but there he was playing piano and singing. :) )
The only thing I didn't like was Kayne West saying the other's in his nominated category deserved the Grammy and he deserved it as much as they did.:waitasec:
I usually don't watch, but we did tonight. I did enjoy Jerry Lee, John Fogarty and Little Richard. Loved the kid who sang the Beatles song. So sorry I missed Rhapsody, but we came in late. I really liked Beyonce and Tina Turner. And always Aretha Franklin.

I'd like to add that it was a good show. We personally do not get all of the hoopla over Amy Winehouse. :eek:

Morris Day and the Time. I heard the announcer and then "Jungle Love" started playing, and that was all she wrote. . . I became a fool.

""Oooo-ee-oooo-ee--ooooo . . . think I wanna know ya (know ya). . .UH!""

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I'd like to add that it was a good show. We personally do not get all of the hoopla over Amy Winehouse. :eek:

Not a big fan either. I had to laugh at the below comments on her performance:

"Winohouse performed from London and it was nice to see her crack shake on TV. She kept doing the detoxing-from-heroin-shimmy. It was like she had the evil in her and was trying to bounce it out."

That about summed up her performance...

The rest of the show was awesome! Loved The Time, Tina, Alicia Keys, Foo Fighters (LOVE them). Not big on Kanye but will cut him some slack this time. He's so full of himself it's nauseating. But his tribute to his mom was nice. Thought Jerry Lee looked awful. Has he had health problems?

Morris Day and the Time. I heard the announcer and then "Jungle Love" started playing, and that was all she wrote. . . I became a fool.

""Oooo-ee-oooo-ee--ooooo . . . think I wanna know ya (know ya). . .UH!""

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Me too! Mr. Masterj and I were hysterical trying to remember the dance moves as we boogied around the living room.

Thought Jerry Lee looked awful. Has he had health problems?

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's just age. Little Richard looks like he did 20 years ago.

Best part of the Kanye West performance was the dj'ing by Daft Punk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back