$54M Lawsuit for lost Notebook

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=206504123

A Washington, D.C., woman has sued Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) for $54 million, claiming the consumer electronics retailer lost her computer and then tried to cover up the disappearance.

Raelyn Campbell, 37, acknowledges that the money she wants is more than the price of the notebook and the inconvenience she has suffered. But she said the lawsuit, along with a blog she started to chronicle her legal battle with Best Buy, is necessary to make a point.

Campbell filed the lawsuit in Washington Superior Court Nov. 16 after trying for six months to find out what happened to the notebook she brought back to Best Buy for repairs. During that time, according to Campbell, the computer was stolen from the Best Buy store in the Tenleytown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., the retailer's employees fabricated records to hide the theft, and lied for weeks about the repair status of the computer.

$54M is a bit excessive. I'd say the price of the computer plus attorney's fees plus a little extra for time wasted would be a fair amount. Not $54M. The only point she's proving is she's GREEDY.

$54M is a bit excessive. I'd say the price of the computer plus attorney's fees plus a little extra for time wasted would be a fair amount. Not $54M. The only point she's proving is she's GREEDY.

Oh, it's completely excessive and over the top.

It's like that stupid judge who sued his drycleaners for millions except she's really got a valid lawsuit.

That is way over the top. It shouldn't even make it into a courtroom!

Ugh, i would never take a computer to Best Buy to get fixed by their "geek squad". They probably really did lose it; i've heard horror stories about how they "fix" things. 54 million is ridiculous and greedy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back