CO - Mother Gives Methamphetamine To Three Month Old

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Why? Katreice Trujillo of Denver has been arrested after authorities found her three month old had ingested methamphetamine. This is a three month old now. The baby was brought to the hospital suffering seizures and after tests it was found methamphetamine was in the baby's system. Not surprisingly Trujillo is know to law enforcement already.http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15785977/detail.html

Could she have been breast feeding and the baby ingested it this way? Not that it matters, she should go to jail and pay for what she has done...but I am curious.

Could she have been breast feeding and the baby ingested it this way? Not that it matters, she should go to jail and pay for what she has done...but I am curious.

That's a good question, SS. I wondered how the heck she would give that to a baby if not in a bottle or something. If so I also wondered why? Usually you want a baby to relax and quiet down not get all wired out and be up for days. Also, I had wondered maybe just from smoking it or whatever cooking it or something couldn't that have gotten in the baby's system? Like you I say not that it matters, but it's a good question.

This is just like what happened on an episode of Grey's Anatomy. (Anyone watch that show?) Meth labs create fumes that cause residue to remain on surface areas in the home (walls, floor, etc). The baby crawls around, gets the residue on its hands, then puts the hands in their mouth. On the show, the kid (about 3 or so) was having withdrawal symptoms ... I can't believe this actually happened ... :mad:

This is just like what happened on an episode of Grey's Anatomy. (Anyone watch that show?) Meth labs create fumes that cause residue to remain on surface areas in the home (walls, floor, etc). The baby crawls around, gets the residue on its hands, then puts the hands in their mouth. On the show, the kid (about 3 or so) was having withdrawal symptoms ... I can't believe this actually happened ... :mad:

Whitney I saw that and the stupid parents blew up like their landlord and the addict. Then that cute Doctor got sucker punched by the dad. I thought the same thing when I posted this, but then figured maybe the momster put it in the bottle or something.

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/news/testimony04/020604/meth.html

My guess is this child may have been around a meth lab..Just a thought..

From the link in the first post on this thread:
Denver Police Spokesperson Sonny Jackson said officers did not find a meth lab in the suspects home.

"This is not a situation where the child accidentally was crawling on the floor while they were cooking meth. This was the kind of situation where truly the child did ingest the drug,” Jackson said.

-----

Oh, that explains it. The meth got mixed up with the formula. Trujillo first told the cops she didn't know how the baby got the meth. Then she claims she bought $40.00 worth of meth and laid it next to the formula. Then she tells the cops she was lying. About which? About what? The baby's father also gave the same story saying that Trujillo laid the meth next to the formula and it got mixed up. Another child of Trujillo's was removed from the home.http://dailycamera.com/news/2008/apr/04/baby-ingests-meth/

Oh, that explains it. The meth got mixed up with the formula. Trujillo first told the cops she didn't know how the baby got the meth. Then she claims she bought $40.00 worth of meth and laid it next to the formula. Then she tells the cops she was lying. About which? About what? The baby's father also gave the same story saying that Trujillo laid the meth next to the formula and it got mixed up. Another child of Trujillo's was removed from the home.http://dailycamera.com/news/2008/apr/04/baby-ingests-meth/

Filly, just a bit of trivia on drugs :)
For fear of sounding like some big old methhead, wanted to say, a lot of people who deal meth or cocaine use baby formula to cut it & make more money. Dealers mix baby formula & drug together. I'd bet that's how the mix up happened, It's for snorting, not for smoking/shooting.

For fear of sounding like some big old methhead, wanted to say, a lot of people who deal meth or cocaine use baby formula to cut it & make more money. Dealers mix baby formula & drug together. I'd bet that's how the mix up happened, It's for snorting, not for smoking/shooting.

Always love your trivia as you know Tempusfugit. Ah-ha. I bet you are right and that would explain why she told the cops she only had $40.00 to buy her meth with. Takes the focus off they were probably dealing. Thank you dear one.

That's interesting. I'd have never known about mixing formula into drugs. I learn something new everyday on this site!

So sad the baby and other child had to be exposed to this lifestyle.

That's interesting. I'd have never known about mixing formula into drugs. I learn something new everyday on this site!

So sad the baby and other child had to be exposed to this lifestyle.

I found out about this in 1980's, I was living next door to this young couple, I would have never in my life guessed that they were methheads/dealers, until they were busted! Police raided their apartment & took out cases of baby formula, "powder typed" thought that was kinda strange seeings how they didn't have any babies!! So I asked what's with all the formula & was told that's what they use.

I found out about this in 1980's, I was living next door to this young couple, I would have never in my life guessed that they were methheads/dealers, until they were busted! Police raided their apartment & took out cases of baby formula, "powder typed" thought that was kinda strange seeings how they didn't have any babies!! So I asked what's with all the formula & was told that's what they use.

Lucky they didn't blow the block up, T.

I watched an episode of law and order where a baby accidentally was given cocaine I think mixed in with formula by accident.

In this first link, it says that she had the bag of meth near the formula container and it "fell in" the bottle while she was shaking it up. Pretty good article, but I cut for size.

SNIP

According to court documents obtained by 7NEWS, Trujillo told police she had the drug next to the baby formula and mixed the formula and meth together.

Trujillo told an investigator she "accidentally then put the mixture into the baby bottle and fed (baby)," according to the document.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/15785977/detail.html

I watched an episode of law and order where a baby accidentally was given cocaine I think mixed in with formula by accident.

Amanda, IMO, and I know this was a TV show, but there is no ACCIDENT when an idiot mixes drugs with formula- That is just plain ole dope fiend behavior that only a drug user/abuser would be dumb enough to "accidently" do. Im sorry if I sounded mad at you, just hate drug addicts that think they can 'pull-off' taking care of a child while intoxicated or under the influence of ANY drug. Didnt mean to sound so harsh :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back