Press Conference: 4-11-2008 (Cesar's Arrest)

I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!!!!!! I'm so glad I'm working from home today!

I might have missed this, but what channel will this press conference be shown on?

Also, like Taxi asked, it that 2:00 p.m. e.s.t.??

Aren't they usually on CNN? I believe it is est LD.

They keep having little blurbs on Headline news, but its nothing that we don't already know.

they sure did draw the wagons around Xtina! Made her sound like a saint to me. Cooperative witness, ordered not to address this situation with anyone or in the media by the Marines, she's upset but lawabiding, loves her husband, ad nauseaum. :boohoo: :boohoo:

There really wasn't a whole lot new on the presser that we don't already know. There was an interview with a prosecutor afterwards who brought up an interesting point. She was wondering if once was tried and convicted in maria's murder and given LWOP, could he be tried again in the death of the baby and receive the death sentence? I thought we had already discussed this and found that NC doesn't recognize a fetus and that there would be no charges for that? Would be wonderful if true, however!

they sure did draw the wagons around Xtina!

Yes, I guess that's what you would say. She is guilty of NOTHING.

I just don't understand how she could be around that house the few days after the crime without noticing anything. Doesn't make sense to me, but if they SAY SO! :slap:

fran

I thought we saw at the beginning of this NC DOES consider the fetus.

Hmmm.....I'll have to look into that.

But as to the other question, the pros made it VERY CLEAR, NO DP if found guilty, just LWOP. period

fran

Oh, I could be wrong about the fetus, haven't followed this case for a little while and have a bad memory! It would be nice if it was true though.

Yes, I guess that's what you would say. She is guilty of NOTHING.

I just don't understand how she could be around that house the few days after the crime without noticing anything. Doesn't make sense to me, but if they SAY SO! :slap:

fran

Me either! Wasn't there, didn't do it, didn't know anything, didn't clean up, didn't cover up, NOTHING! Hmmmm... :waitasec:

I thought we saw at the beginning of this NC DOES consider the fetus.

Hmmm.....I'll have to look into that.

But as to the other question, the pros made it VERY CLEAR, NO DP if found guilty, just LWOP. period

fran

No fetal homicide law in NC Fran. They are working on it though but it has not yet been passed.

The presser didn't reveal anything new. Mostly just slapping each other on the back for a job well done.

Xtina is guilty of nothing. She even refused to send him $$ when he asked for it. She KNEW it would be against the law to do so. It looks like his whole family basically refused to help him. guess they knew they were being watched.

Xtina's attorney came forward and said she can NOT talk because the MC has ordered her not to. She still loves her husband and is torn over what's going on. (guess that COULD be understandable, imo, maybe)

Now they have to wait to see if he'll fight extradition.

I don't really think they said anything else we didn't already know. Actually, we may have already known MORE than the talked about.

JMHO
fran

Methinks as soon as Cesar gets back and is questioned, we'll see a very different presser about wifey...jmo!

Maybe they just don't have anything that they can pin to her.
They may just be keeping quiet until they get him back here and can pit the two against each other.
It should be quite interesting...and I hope he doesn't fight extradition so that we don't have to wait years to find out.

I think you're right fran. I can't say "we" knew more, because I haven't followed this as closely as most of you, but from what I've read here, I certainly know more than was announced.

Methinks as soon as Cesar gets back and is questioned, we'll see a very different presser about wifey...jmo!

Maybe they just don;t have anything that they can pin to her.
They may just be keeping quiet until they get him back here and can pit the two against each other.
It shopuld be quite interesting...and I hope he doesn't fight extradition so that we don't have to wait years to find out.

I hope you're right ember. I kinda thinks so too. They can't say anything bad about her right now because of her atty and no charges have been filed. I still can't believe we haven't seen a picture of her from anywhere?:mad:

When the DA was talking I got the feeling that our guys have knew where the was and was following him.They were just waiting for him to cross back into the US to capture him.I think he got wind of them being there and he was being watched and thats when the check point came into the picture and he gave them his real name.He knew he was busted and broke.

Just imo and the feeling I got from the confrence.That DA really wanted him to face the DP.

I can't understand how he was able to stay on the lam so long if there was no one helping him! Nope, not his family, not the wife, bla, bla because it's AGAINST THE LAW.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back