Wisconsin Girl, 9, Diagnosed With Cancer for Third Time

Dark Knight

Reaction score
PORTAGE, Wis. — A 9-year-old Portage girl who has had cancer for more than half her life just found out she has a third type of cancer.

Emily Miller was diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia in 2002, overcame it in 2005 and was in remission until April of last year when she was diagnosed with T-cell lymphoma.

She was excited to finish chemotherapy this August.
But after recent routine labs, doctors told the family that Emily has acute myeloid leukemia. It's a cancer that starts inside bone marrow and develops quickly.

Her father Cory Miller says Emily told him she didn't want to die. She says she has about 10 fights left in her.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351941,00.html

:( Poor little thing. I'll put her on my prayer list.
May she have a miracle; that being a full recovery.

That is so sad, she will be in my thoughts and prayers. Cancer is hard enough on adults, it really hurts to know some children go through it too. Children, especially, shouldn't have to deal with such things...they should be carefree, running, playing, not being ill and worried about dying. :(

PORTAGE, Wis. — A 9-year-old Portage girl who has had cancer for more than half her life just found out she has a third type of cancer.

Emily Miller was diagnosed with acute lymphocytic leukemia in 2002, overcame it in 2005 and was in remission until April of last year when she was diagnosed with T-cell lymphoma.

She was excited to finish chemotherapy this August.
But after recent routine labs, doctors told the family that Emily has acute myeloid leukemia. It's a cancer that starts inside bone marrow and develops quickly.

Her father Cory Miller says Emily told him she didn't want to die. She says she has about 10 fights left in her.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351941,00.html

DK, and others. THis is extremely common to to occur in either a child or an adult.

My daughters best friend was diag. with leukemia at about 11, almost died a number of times with different and new cancers....yet is alive today at age 46. Christine is a counselor at one of the Univ.s here in San Diego although recently has taken some time off as her legs give her so much pain and trouble. She walk's with a cane, but can drive.

As most of you know I too have cancer now. I've met tons of people at the hospital who have cancer's that have sprung up after 10 yrs from their last one. One woman I met had had cervical cancer 12 yrs ago, now has brain cancer. Another woman I met was in for chemo and radiation for her 5th round of breast cancer.

Understand that cancer does not always go away. People can live with cancer. The sad part of this story is that this small child has cancer at all.
She's going to probably have a long hard fight to keep cancer away from her body and there are several well known posters at WS whose children have had cancer since they were very young. Most of these cancer stories were on your wonderful "Urgent Prayer" thread.
Ongoing prayers for this little girl.

Thanks for posting DK..........

xxxxxooo
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members