True sportsmanship

JDB

Tybee you will never be forgotten
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/8091708?GT1=39002

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - With two runners on base and a strike against her, Sara Tucholsky of Western Oregon University uncorked her best swing and did something she had never done, in high school or college. Her first home run cleared the center-field fence.

But it appeared to be the shortest of dreams come true when she missed first base, started back to tag it and collapsed with a knee injury.

Must-read:Goodman: Celtics retain swagger
Kahn: Butler keeps Wizards alive
Must-see:Kobe jumps over moving car?
Mavs talk after Johnson ouster
For more videos, click here.
Top headlines:Celtics take pivotal Game 5
Report: Rockets linked to Daly's ex
Johnson fired as Mavs coach
For all of today's top stories, click here.
Worth a thousand words:NBA playoff action
NHL playoff action
For more photos, click here.
She crawled back to first but could do no more. The first-base coach said she would be called out if her teammates tried to help her. Or, the umpire said, a pinch runner could be called in, and the homer would count as a single.

Then, members of the Central Washington University softball team stunned spectators by carrying Tucholsky around the bases Saturday so the three-run homer would count - an act that contributed to their own elimination from the playoffs.

The rest at link:crazy:

I saw that this morning on tv....made me feel all warm and fuzzy! How proud their parents must be!:woohoo:

I saw that this morning on tv....made me feel all warm and fuzzy! How proud their parents must be!:woohoo:

lol, you know, when they quoted the losing coach as saying "Unbelievable", I can't help but think he thought it was unbelievable of them to give up their dream of a championship, and not so much the sportsmanship.

JDB.......saw that this Am......and swear it MADE MY DAY!

What a wonderful thing for the other team to do. Boy, bet their parents are proud of them.

xxxxxxxxxxooooooooo
mama
:blowkiss: :blowkiss:

I saw this this morning and I don't know if I wasn't fully awake yet or was hormonal or something, but it reduced me to tears. How amazing and selfless!!! :woohoo:

Absolutely wonderful! I don't usually watch Katie Couric but last night we had that channel on when this story was shown. How great!!! I told hubby I'm a fan of KC again for doing this story, he said I'm the only one, LOL!

capt.16bb76e689684a309a1663e9363c9ebb.home_run_help_softball_orrb101.jpg

WOW!! All I can say is , WOW!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I know I saw that! Amazing not only that they did it...but amazing she let the other players touch her at all. I would say this girl had the stamina of a worthy ballplayer and only second to the one I know that broke her finger during play...had the coach put it back in and played the rest of the game with everyone against it. I applaud the players of the other team, but I admire the girl that had a blown knee that went thru it all. Wow! She deserves the accolades.

I saw the video of this and it just brought tears to my eyes. This is a wonderful thing they did, and I hope there were children in the stands that witnessed it. WOW, they deserve some kind of medal or something.

I think National media attention was good, Taxi. :) They showed they were all "good players". Now...if we can make all the athletes watch it...

I saw the video of this and it just brought tears to my eyes. This is a wonderful thing they did, and I hope there were children in the stands that witnessed it. WOW, they deserve some kind of medal or something.

Made me cry too! :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back