Breastfeeding at 8 - OMG!!!

Ugg, that's just abuse. At that point, it's not for the kids....it's for the mother.

Yes, it can be real. My aunt breast fed her kids wayyy too long. They were like 6 and 4 - fighting over them. When a kid can run across the room asking for it... it's long past time to stop.

Yes, it can be real. My aunt breast fed her kids wayyy too long. They were like 6 and 4 - fighting over them. When a kid can run across the room asking for it... it's long past time to stop.

Yikes! When a kid has teeth it's time to stop! LOL

They'll be able to take the mom's boob and run around with it. I can't imagine the sagging that has to be going on there.:eek::eek:

When my daughter was in preschool, the teachers would always ask "What did you have for breakfast today." I told my daughter to say "oatmeal" even if it was cold pizza. (It was a "rich" preschool and anything other than oatmeal was looked down upon as a substandard breakfast.)

Anyway, can you imagine these kids? What did you have for breakfast today? Boobage.:eek:

IMO that's a sexual thing for the mom. That's sick.
vomit-smiley-001.gif

Oh God. This has made me feel slightly queasy. Cant she offer her daughter comfort and reassurance in other ways than breastfeeding?

They'll be able to take the mom's boob and run around with it. I can't imagine the sagging that has to be going on there.:eek::eek:

LMAO!! Jeana, you have won today's "I made Lurker spit Dr. Pepper through her nose" award.

My mom new a lady that breastfed till her kid was 5 or 6. That's gross to me, but i guess that somepeople believe it is the best thing for their kids. Still, if a kid can ask, something is wrong. (my opinion). I actually support this in 3rd world countries where there isn't enough food and people are starving. In those cases, I am glad to see mom's keeping their children alive.

That mom needs to be checked out...seriously.
I mean her daughter isn't a baby or a toddler...she's flippin 8 years old. eewwwwww

IMO that's a sexual thing for the mom. That's sick.
vomit-smiley-001.gif
that may not be far off. breast feeding releases pleasure chemicals in the brain. my doctor said that breast feeding lowers the rate of depression in new mothers. perhaps this mother is doing this for the pleasure it brings her.

i breast fed for 18 months. i wanted to stop at a year but my son was ill alot. the doctor suggested i continue until he was no longer sick or we could pin point what caused his problem. i began to feel uncomfortable as he aged. by 14 months it no longer felt right. he would try to lift my shirt if he was thirsty and wanted a "sip". i spent the last 4 months of breast feeding by pumping only. he got what he needed to be healthy and i did not have a toddler trying to climb in my bra. i really can not understand this mother.

With any thing good there are always extremes. This is a good example of that perhaps? The video says the mom is from Cumbria so there is no need to breastfeed simply because of a lack of another food source for her child. Seems to be a "personal stance she is taking.

The Kung people of southern Africa being that they are a nomadic people, have little soft foods for their babies so they nurse them for 3 or 4 years.

In the Hebrew portion of the Bible Sarah weaned her son Isaac at the age of about 5. Four thousand years ago when people lived a more unrushed life, there was not the present-day pressure or necessity to telescope so much into so little time. Having only one child would probably up the time it nursed since nursing only inhibits ovulation for a while and pretty soon another baby would "bump" the first one on to weaning.

The WHO says weaning age norms are set at between 2 -7 all over the world. We being a more highly developed society are at the bottom end of that spectrum. I would think it is the rare American baby who gets nursed two years. Back in 1940 that would have been the norm here in the U.S.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back