Sightings, Phone Calls, Reports

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
There have been various reports of people who are claiming to have seen her and reports that mysterious people have contacted both Casey and Cindy. Please post those here:

Jesse now says he called Casey on Tuesday, June 24 and heard her scolding the little girl for jumping up on the table in the background. He then heard the girl's young voice in the background responding and told Eyewitness News he is 100 percent sure that it was Caylee.

~snip~

Jesse told Eyewitness News he remembers the day clearly, because it was the very day he resigned from the Orlando Police Department. He said he called Casey to let her know and said phone records show the call was 18 minutes long.

It was only three days later that, he said, he spoke to Casey again and she told him that Caylee was with a babysitter, so she would be free to go to the beach the next day.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16954576/detail.html

Melich said a man told him he spoke to Casey Anthony and heard Caylee in the background around June 24 or 25. Previously, it was believed that no on had seen Caylee or spoken to her since June 9.

http://www.wesh.com/news/16950347/detail.html

It is believed that Caylee is still alive because she was said to spotted on July 12, 2008, by friends of Anthony's, who say they saw her at ashopping area somewhere along the Orange County, Seminole County line, but they say they do not know who the Caylee was with at the time.

The last time she was seen she was wearing a blue and pink outfit and white-rimmed sunglasses.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/257541

POSTED: 4:19 pm EDT July 18, 2008
UPDATED: 9:21 pm EDT July 20, 2008

Saturday, we learned new information about a phone call. The grandparents of the missing 2-year-old say the child's mother got a mysterious phone call a day before she was arrested and charged with felony child neglect. That call gives them hope that Caylee Anthony is still alive.

"Casey got a phone call, 'Hi, Mommy?' Casey said, 'Put an adult on the phone Caylee.' The phone went dead," said Cynthia Anthony.

~snip~

The Anthonys say they're sure Casey is telling the truth about that phone call despite lies to law enforcement.

http://www.wftv.com/news/16924162/detail.html?rss=orlc&psp=news

Missing 2-Year-Old Fla. Girl May Be in Atlanta

Last Edited: Tuesday, 22 Jul 2008, 11:00 PM PDT
Created: Tuesday, 22 Jul 2008, 8:46 AM PDT

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Late Tuesday, the lawyer for Casey Anthony, mother of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, said on a Fox News show that they had received a credible tip that a small child matching the description of Caylee was seen at Orlando International Airport boarding a flight to Atlanta.

According to attorney Jose Baez the tip was more credible because he said the little girl pronounced her name the same way that the grandparents did.

Cindy Anthony, grandmother to the child, confirmed the tip did indeed surface late Tuesday. According to Anthony, the tip was from a woman who lives in Orlando, and Anthony heard the tip when she checked her voicemail. Anthony called the woman back and they talked.

The caller claimed to have seen Caylee board the flight with an older woman. When she talked to the woman and child, the youngster apparently said her name was Caylee 'Antony,' without the "h" the way Anthony says Caylee does. Also, when asked her age, the little girl said three. Caylee is almost three. Cindy Anthony said she is very excited because this woman seems very credible.

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/...n=8&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.3.1

When I heard the lawyer talking about the sighting and the girl stating her name at Caylee, I thought why wouldn't this woman call police. No, she just called Cindy and left a voice mail??? This does not make sense to me, then I realized I think I know who has Caylee....Stacy Peterson. I think Drew and Casey would make a lovely couple, she might be a little old for him though at 23. How dumb do this people think we are. If I was to see a missing child or person I would call the police right there and then, not wait and call the POI in the persons disappearance. :waitasec:

Baez also spoke about a tip Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy Anthony, received Tuesday from a woman who said she saw a girl who looks like Caylee at Orlando International Airport:

The woman told Anthony she was at OIA en route to Atlanta on July 2 when a girl approached her to play with her dog. The woman said she asked the girl what her name was. She said Caylee Marie Anthony. But she pronounced Anthony as "Antony." Baez said that is how Caylee pronounced her last name.

"They were 99 percent sure that is the Caylee they're seeing on TV," Baez said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/crime/orl-bk-caylee-anthony-missing-072308,0,2901054.story
Thanks, Absolut!

Missing 2-Year-Old Fla. Girl May Be in Atlanta

Last Edited: Tuesday, 22 Jul 2008, 11:00 PM PDT
Created: Tuesday, 22 Jul 2008, 8:46 AM PDT

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Late Tuesday, the lawyer for Casey Anthony, mother of missing toddler Caylee Anthony, said on a Fox News show that they had received a credible tip that a small child matching the description of Caylee was seen at Orlando International Airport boarding a flight to Atlanta.

According to attorney Jose Baez the tip was more credible because he said the little girl pronounced her name the same way that the grandparents did.

Cindy Anthony, grandmother to the child, confirmed the tip did indeed surface late Tuesday. According to Anthony, the tip was from a woman who lives in Orlando, and Anthony heard the tip when she checked her voicemail. Anthony called the woman back and they talked.

The caller claimed to have seen Caylee board the flight with an older woman. When she talked to the woman and child, the youngster apparently said her name was Caylee 'Antony,' without the "h" the way Anthony says Caylee does. Also, when asked her age, the little girl said three. Caylee is almost three. Cindy Anthony said she is very excited because this woman seems very credible.

http://www.myfoxla.com/myfox/pages/...n=8&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.3.1

Thanks for posting this story.

I won't give this tip credibility until police investigate the tipster and prove to me she was at the airport. Has anyone heard if police got the phone number from Cindy and tracked the tipster down? I think Cindy is making this up, since we have not heard that the police are also talking to this tipster.

I think the grandmother should be behind bars with her daughter. Something stinks with both these women

So this new tip came in from Cindy?

Sorry, not buying it. How convenient that it came in the day of the bond hearing.

Why didn't this tipster call the police instead? Total BS.

I think the grandmother should be behind bars with her daughter. Something stinks with both these women

And it ain't pizza. :furious: :furious:

I agree, lock her up and let the two of them go at it and point fingers at eachother. :furious:

When I heard the lawyer talking about the sighting and the girl stating her name at Caylee, I thought why wouldn't this woman call police. No, she just called Cindy and left a voice mail??? This does not make sense to me, then I realized I think I know who has Caylee....Stacy Peterson. I think Drew and Casey would make a lovely couple, she might be a little old for him though at 23. How dumb do this people think we are. If I was to see a missing child or person I would call the police right there and then, not wait and call the POI in the persons disappearance. :waitasec:

You read my thoughts on this one, kudos:clap:
Good grief, just as the cadaver dogs are identifying a strong odor from the car, all of a sudden someone reported a sighting.

I think this Grandma knows more. I think they are in on it and covering for their daugther.

A woman claims she spotted a girl who looks like Caylee being handed off to someone at a gas station in the city.

And two days ago, another tipster spotted a child resembling Caylee eating at a restaurant within an hour's drive of the gas station sighting.

Also, investigators spoke to a woman Wednesday who claims she spoke to Caylee at Orlando International Airport as she boarded a flight for Atlanta earlier this month.

A composite sketch was apparently drawn of a traveling companion the woman said was with the girl, but sheriff's deputies said they would not release the composite unless the tip was deemed credible.

Deputies also urged caution with the latest possible sightings because they said with increased national attention, there will be a number of false leads.

http://www.local6.com/news/16976754/detail.html

just started following the case but it is odd that the mother weeks later says she is missing and that the dogs traced a scent to the car? what does everyone think of the tip from the airport sighting?

I'm sure that there are folks who think they've Caylee. I'm sure they want to be helpful.

Reminds me of 7 year old Leticia Hernandez who went missing in Oceanside CA in 1989. Her face was all over tv for months, a local cop wrote a song about her and he was on all the shows, singing and pleading for her return. She was seen in AZ and then in Florida with a blond woman and a man. Sketchs were made of her 'kidnappers'. What happened in the end? The found what was left of her many months later, no more than 20 miles from where she went missing; most likely dead the same day she was taken by a neighbor who tossed her body out of his truck as he drove off to work as a farm laborer.

Quick question.

I do not have children, so I do not know what the protocol is for flying with a child. If the child is traveling with a person that is not the parent, do the parents have to give a letter of consent? With parental kidnapings, the airlines would have some safety precautions with children, correct?

I have traveled with all 3 of my children on a large number of airline flights over the past 20 years. I have also taken friends of their's along with us on vacations which required airline flights. Not one time, either before or after 9/11 changes has ANY airline asked for any proof that these children belonged to me. Since 9/11 my older children have been old enough to have driver's licenses as ID for themselves, and I have carried a birth certificate for my younger son, just in case I should need it for his identification at check in. So far, not once has anyone asked for it on any flight within the United States. Birth certificates or passports WERE required to go to the Cayman Islands, though. Even then, no one asked if they were my children even though they were leaving the country with me.

So this is my first post. I am supposed to be studying for the NY bar right now, but you guys have completely distracted me for three days! Seriously, I am beyond impressed with the work you all have done. And I'm now addicted.

I don't know if this has been mentioned previously, but I stumbled upon this link:

http://forums.brevardcountymoms.com/viewtopic.php?t=7549

"On the weekend of June 9th...the same day that Caylee Anthony was last known to have been seen, there was a robbery in Brevard County, FL of a Zenaida Gonzalez"

I don't necessarily buy the other stuff in this post (i.e. that Casey may have committed the robbery); but I do find it highly suspect that this all of this happened on the same day. Maybe she just saw Zenaida's name on the news? Or a website? Or something? Or maybe she hoped to pin the car "theft" on the same criminal? I haven't found any articles about this robbery, but I am intrigued. One of the things that bothers me the most about all of Casey's ridiculous lying is that, in the police report, she drove the cops to her "nanny's" neighborhood (a nanny she had used for, what, 2 years?), couldn't remember what the address was "because she had been there so many times," and then the cops found an address in the car, that just happened to be across the street. This whole case is crazaaaazy.

Nevertheless, thank you all so much for the entertainment and insight!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back