JB's responsiblity - Did he know that Caylee was dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

frenchvixen

Reaction score
If JH's testimony is in fact true and the A family knew that Caylee was dead including DC then we can deduct that JB knew also. What is his responsibility as an attorney if he did know this? Doesn't he have to report it. Wasn't one of them (DC or JH) initially working for JB?

I don't think JB initially knew. I think he knows now though.

If JH's testimony is in fact true and the A family knew that Caylee was dead including DC then we can deduct that JB knew also. What is his responsibility as an attorney if he did know this? Doesn't he have to report it. Wasn't one of them (DC or JH) initially working for JB?

No, he wouldn't have to report it.

i think he knew
just like we all knew caylee was dead and who killed her...
so did he

I asked this question on the legal thread, Cheshire, a Louisianna attorney responded.

A quick summary:

If Casey told Baez where Caylee was he couldn't report it unless Casey asked him too. If P.I. Casey found out while working for Baez he didn't have to report it either.

If Cindy or George found out where Caylee was as long as they left her where she was and didn't touch anything they don't have to report it.

There is more information about it on the legal thread.

It's my understanding as a lay person, that an officer of the court has to report only eminent damage to another person. In this case, no one was in danger, so no officer of the court was bound to report the location of remains. Baez is an officer of the court.

So our laws allow a baby to lie decomposing in the woods to protect the mother who murdered her, do I have this right?

I think he has known from the beginning just as I think her parents knew.

NO he would not have to report it. Moreover he can still provide an adequate defense as long as he doesn't put her on the stand knowing that she will lie. As a matter of fact, he should provide an adequate defense to avoid appellate issues. We are all entitled to that.

The burden is on the state to prove their case, it's not for the defense to prove she didn't do it. If the state has the goods there will be a conviction. if they don't have the goods it shouldn't go to court in the first place.

Remember, many of our criminal laws were actually put into place to protect the innocent, but it doesn't always work that way..

This is an extremely interesting story for those that are not familiar with Alton Logan

I think he has known from the beginning just as I think her parents knew.

They worked outward from this point. The smoke screens and undying support, which seemed crazy to us, were only put in place to "show" us all
that Casey could have NOT been the perp. They could say anything now to spin a reality that Casey was innocent. They could say as crazy as it sounded that a previously suspected dead body smell in the car was now actually old pizza. Oops, my bad....right, Cindy? All planned and scripted. It is all up to the LE and the Prosecution now to prove all points on this case true and untrue.....the A's were and still are just making more work for the LE to disprove......that is why most of us feel that there is an obstruction element in all of this. They knew from the get go and planned their actions accordingly what happened to and where Caylee was. The slight of hand tricks they were using didn't take the focus off of them. What? Looking for Caylee in CA? They couldn't be any further from where she was found. (as I have said before...Like Scott Peterson looking for his dead wife in San Diego....yeah, right) LE/Judge knows this and has tried to keep her in jail in hopes of getting more evidence recorded. Defense got wise and now they haven't been able to publically see Casey for months...as it should be. Forget a private "memorial" meeting with her in jail also. I think they still have to tie up the loose ends of their stories and for now JB has to be the conduit in which it is done now.

oh yeah, jmho.

It's my understanding as a lay person, that an officer of the court has to report only eminent damage to another person. In this case, no one was in danger, so no officer of the court was bound to report the location of remains. Baez is an officer of the court.

Bold mine, that's my understanding too.

Just my personal opinion, but I think he knew because they he was in the process of doing a deal with the police--an accident story to explain Caylee's death and a sweet, short sentence in exchange for the admission and the baby's body. He'd gotten a story from KC that would support the tragic accident farce and she'd given up the location of the body to him. However, they couldn't quite locate the body and cops wouldn't finalize anything without it. I think that's why the Anthony's deteriorated sharply all of a sudden in appearance and attitude. I think they knew about it too. Unfortunately for Baez, I believe the body was found before the deal and that put the kybosh on anything short of 30 years.

If Caylee was already dead, and therefore no longer in danger, Baez almost certainly had no legal obligation to give up what he knew, but his behaviour in still defending this woman the way he is if he knows she's guilty is a prime example of why I no longer have much faith in our so-called system of justice in the US.

So our laws allow a baby to lie decomposing in the woods to protect the mother who murdered her, do I have this right?

Unfortunately, yes. The murdered baby gets three bags and heart sticker to rot with and Mommie Dearest gets a herd of lawyers and experts to try to try to get her out of consequences for what she's done. Dead baby's don't have rights but their murdering Mommies do, and lots of 'em. That's what we've come to in American justice! We really shouldn't be all that proud of our legal system, if you ask me.

Although JB wouldn't have to report KC, what he shouldn't do is the type of things he actually did. He went on TV preaching that Caylee was still out there and alive and that everyone had to do what they could to find her. He made LE look into every tip (which they did), yet complained that they weren't doing anything. He let his client prance around in "Find Caylee" t-shirts when she was out on bail. Basically he made people put in tons of money and work to try to find someone he knew was dead, and gave false hope to the country and Anthony's that she was alive. To me that is extremely low, even for JB.

If there is any truth to Baez and the A's having knowledge that Caylee was dead prior to her being found, then why, oh why can they all get free rides now, after all the time and resources everyone else poured into Finding this precious baby? If it's true, then I want all those involved in any of the searches, or who donated, Paid Back In Full With any monies that this family comes across!

I know it is not confirmed as true, but I am sooo angry even to have to consider it! Sorry guys, didn't mean to lose my head at ya.

Yes it is sad Khaki, we just have to hope that the jurors have the good sense and judgement to do the right thing even if that other crowd can't be truthful.

Very few States have *Good Samaritan* laws.

In Florida there is no duty to assist or report any crime or suspicious event. :mad:

The psychic said she had been working with the family and that they had sent her one of the baby's teddy bears, DC describes it as if he got a random call from her that day, Cindy says she NEVER spoke with her, but rather that the psychic contacted Dominick when she had visions. I want to know if Lee or BAEZ ever spoke to her, and for her to have to testify under oath. At this point I wont be surprised if she is Kronk's long lost cousin. LOL

Of course Baez knew. All of the theories in the reasons the state should not seek the death penalty... he had included in there the child overdosed on some medicine that had a sedative, etc. He hired a accident reconstruction expert. Mark N. figured it out in very short order and resigned from the case. I believe Baez knew the baby was dead. If Casey ever did tell him where the body was located, I think it would have been while she was out on bail in his office, but there is the remote possibility she and he were discussing it in what they believed to be a private attorney/client session at the jail and like Ms. Unser did, one of the jail guards overheard and then it was discussed in pillow talk, etc. thus Kronk came to learn of it. I believe Casey came to trust him and did tell him eventually. Him not having a duty to report it is one thing, telling other to lie to police or not report it is quite another in my opinion. We do have to keep in mind that DC did not go report this egregious offense by Baez at that time, only when he was getting caught in lie after lie under police questioning, right? I always liked Lee, but at the moment his lawyer said he was hired because Lee might be charged with something I settled it in my mind that at least he knew where she had put the body. I do not think any of them knew where the body was all along, but eventually.

I understand that JB did not HAVE to report that he knew where the baby's body was-BUT-at what point is the line crossed when you become an accessory after the fact?:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa