'Choking game' claims life of Bellevue teen

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30220143/

The game has been around for years, but it’s finding new popularity with “how to” videos posted on the internet.

The game is played by kids who cut off oxygen to their brains by restricting blood flow around the throat. Players then lose consciousness for a few seconds as friends look on.

============================

WTF is going on!

:( This happens wayyyyyy too much. Prayers to the family.

When I was in middle school, I saw my friend's older brother "play" this "game". It scared the sh** out of me. I can't imagine ever actually doing it.

Yeah, it happened when I was in Jr. High.

It just proves that kids are dumb and that is why we don't let them make major decisions.

It's hard to be a parent and try and educate your kids on ALL the dangers there are. When I was young in the 60's, my brother who grew up in the 50's, well one of his friends almost died from sniffing gas.

So sad. But kids are just not great in the judgement dept.

Kids were doing it when I was in high school in the early '60s! It was called the "Passing Out" game and one person would press on the carotid arteries of another until they lost consciousness.

Good God, we were stupid! (I would never do it, but I admit, I watched it being done a few times)

Kids were doing it when I was in high school in the early '60s! It was called the "Passing Out" game and one person would press on the carotid arteries of another until they lost consciousness.

Good God, we were stupid! (I would never do it, but I admit, I watched it being done a few times)

Kids did this when I was in school, also. Plus they did Indian Burn, or Eraser Chicken. They also took sharp pieces of pencil & "carved" their initials in their skin - stupid idiots not thinking about lead poisoning (among other things). I say for anyone that witnesses any of this to "rat" on the kids involved in these games. It could help to save their lives...or prevent somebody else's death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back