794 users online (171 members and 623 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Personal Blog Discussion

Questions & comments on the personal blog feature go here!

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    how do you set one up?

I love this idea! Although I have absolutely nothing to blog about, I do find them fun to read.

This is a very nice addition to WS. This place is amazing.
    Bless the beasts and the children
    For in this world they have no voice,
    They have no choice.

Iíve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, keep me here.
    كلي

KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence

Spiritual Fellowship blog?

Can my blog be about my most favorite subject? God, Our Lord and Savior? If I'm given a "yes", no where in the near future will it be ready nor started. I would need to clear this step of permission and authority before I go to the "Big Man" for leadership, Blessings, wisdom and understanding.

For over five years now I've felt led to begin some type of blog, forum, nothing big by any means, but a quiet place of solace and comfort, sharing and fellowship.

I'm too in-capable of setting up and running one all by myself. I would need the leadership and tech support something like what you are offering up here, which in my mind would be perfect for what I feel fits, suits and leads me to do.

If you want to sort of get a good idea of what I had in mind, my skills to maintain decorum, blah blah blah, wake up we have a special place here in our social groups entitled:

Inspirational Prayer club open to all members I started a while back. It should give a good basic understanding of what I'm believing is my place in this world as time permits me to minister to those who seek and receive. A small blog space where others can share and make friends, speak what's within them to share. No attacking, bashing, or judging, good ole fellowship.

If it's a "Go", it won't be anytime soon, as I will have to press in deep to gain and re-kindle the visions and revelations I've been pushing down, or possibly quietly been waiting patiently upon that door to open as there are times I've one must wait for God to open that door. If he wants it, he will make a way. If not, it's all good and won't be anyway. It wasn't of him to begin with and I am not understanding his will correctly. Shore won't be the first time.

Anyways, no hard feelings if the answer is no.
    Last edited by KOOL LOOK; 05-09-2009 at 01:59 AM.

KOOL LOOK is offline ~~~Sin is the Cause of all Sorrow~~~For this Gal, "Love" is my Vengence
    Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    In my view, within TOS we're all free to write about what we like, as long as we don't tell other people they better like it as well, or say that what other people like is wrong. Does that help?
    Yes it does, I went and read the new blog entries and was pleasantly entertained. This will be another big dimension, revealing much more of the individual on a personal level. Very intriguing, cuz people always have fascinated me and continue to validate that everyone has a story, everyone can be a joy to learn about.

Night nite bloggers, it's time for some winky eye. Happy blogging.

So dues are going up 15%? Gosh, I didn't even know I was paying dues! When did that begin?
    By the way, this is a serious question. Please answer! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Zephyr; 05-15-2009 at 08:01 PM. Reason: add request for answer

TakeNote is offline Mother to little post it my boy wonder & Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    can you add up my tab? :Banane37:.....i dont want to get to far behind on my due's ...and can i work some of it off?

if we start a blog ....and dont like how its going .....can we delete it and start over?

oh and thanks....what a great addition to W/S!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    So dues are going up 15%? Gosh, I didn't even know I was paying dues! When did that begin?
    By the way, this is a serious question. Please answer! Thanks in advance!
    Okay... I'll do the math for us.... let's see here...

15% of the $0.00 membership ship fee is.... just a second.... carry the zero...
    hold on... I added that wrong.... erase, erase, erase.... double-check...

Okay, I've got it! 15% of the Zero membership fee is Zero! That really does seem reasonable to me!

Wow, that was kind-of complicated! Now, I have a headache...
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

Kind of. You get credit for showing your work, though. If the previous calculation for the monthly dues is represented by

and the calculation of the new monthly dues is represented by

where is the base dues subscription level, then to solve for the new dues we must evaluate

Clearly this indeterminate form is a textbook example for the application of l'HŰpital's rule (which is left as an exercise) bringing us to the conclusion that the new dues will be $0.00 for all those currently paying $0.00, which is everyone. Therefore other conditions do not need to be examined, and the exercise is complete.

This will be on the midterm.
    Oh Adnoid... you are such a show-off!!!
    .... ....... My posts are my opinion, only.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Quote Originally Posted by smart blonde View Post
    Oh Adnoid... you are such a show-off!!!
    hahahaha. That is exactly what I was going to say.

Adnoid likes to show off how he can use little squiggle lines. Always has.
    Websleuths is TEMPORARILY accepting donations.

CLICK HERE
    to visit our GoFundMe page

OR

Is there a way to keep track of blog comments made to others blogs? Besides memory lol cause that is a no go.

If you are looking at a blog, on the left there will be a link labeled "Subscribe to this Blog" - just click.
    So, what happens when you click? You get the new blogs via e-mail?

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    How do I insert new Items? Apparently I've used 0 of 5 permitted??

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

Quote Originally Posted by daisy7 View Post
    So, what happens when you click? You get the new blogs via e-mail?
    That would be my guess, I haven't tried it.
    The blogs are really fun.

There are some posters here that you just gravitate towards on the threads just because ..., then they toss out their blog entries and you see even more brilliance/insanity in their creative writing.

We even have some 'twitter-like' 'Tweet' bloggers - so would they be 'WS_Sweeters'?

I messed around tonight testing, simply because there some great blogs I want to follow and I found some tweaks to make it easier. If you go to your 'blog control panel' --> 'options' you can set your preferences to alert you on new blog entries and comments both via email.

I would like to ask a question please?

I wanted to know if there is a way that I can set up my blog for notification when someone leaves a message?

I don't want it to appear as if I am ignoring comments to my blog, but I forget to check and see if anyone has left a comment and then it looks like I might not be interested in what they have to say...nothing could be further from the truth. TIA
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast