Revisit - Did CA/GA cover up 7-16-08

Status
Not open for further replies.

countzero

self timeout
Reaction score
Revisit - Did CA/GA cover up 7-16-08
Starting this thread so we can discuss in one place whether or not CA and GA started the cover up prior to 7.16.08 or on this date.

I have several, ok, many posts written about this in both the #6 and #7 Random Thoughts threads and if I can figure out how to link them here I will.

Please remember to keep the discussions on this topic so we don't stray too far. I have been reviewing the many docs and find most of the info I have used to come to my opinions can be found in these three files which are from the reference guide found here:[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72088"]Interview Reference Guide To Finding All Interviews, Motions, Grand Jury and Trials. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Part 1 http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Casey Anthony discovery Pages 1-150.pdf

Part 2 http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Casey Anthony discovery Pages 151-263.pdf

Part3 http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/Stories/Local/Casey Anthony discovery Pages 264-431.pdf

Happy re-reading

I think any cover up or change in their story is part of their weird reaction to shock, grief, and loss -- not a deliberate act, combined with their existing dysfunction as a family. But I certainly don't know as much about the case as many of you.

So, I say there is no "cover up." What say you? (I don't know how to do polls)

I think any cover up or change in their story is part of their weird reaction to shock, grief, and loss -- not a deliberate act, combined with their existing dysfunction as a family. But I certainly don't know as much about the case as many of you.

I believe the cover-up started the night CA called the police.

June 15, 2008

IMO, intended or not, it began the moment they smelled the car, commented about "what died", had no live Caylee even once they had a live Casey, and still proceeded to clean the car to the degree that LE only got one fragment of a latent fingerprint from it.

My opinion changes on this every few days. :waitasec:

My "today" opinion is that LA knew first, maybe even July 15th. I think he pretended to help in a cover-up, because he wanted his niece found and knew he could get her to tell him where she was. I think he kept this plan from GA and CA.

I think GA figured it out before the FBI interview. I think he did not want to believe it, but he did. I don't think he was involved in any cover-up, and I think he sincerely wanted to help LE even if it meant KC would never see the light of day. I think the thought of that broke his heart, but I don't think the communication between them was normal or healthy, and once this is over he may realize that her spending life in prison is actually a good thing for their family. :behindbar (not losing Caylee, of course. I think he loved that little girl.)

I think CA was in denial for several weeks. Eventually, I think during the time period AFTER the ridiculous interrogation where she did the "KC said this but might have meant that....or that.... or maybe that..." and the PI visit to the crime scene, LA told her the truth. I think he told her that she couldn't let on to anyone until they had the remains located.

I will be very surprised if those emails claiming KC is innocent released recently turn out to be from her. The doc dump shows some evidence of email hacking and there may be friends or family that want to stir the pot; she certainly gave them enough reasons. But right now she wants to be invisible - that's best for her, and for KC. I can't see her writing those emails at this stage of the game.

In the end I guess I still think no cover-up, but a family of three remaining people whose lives have been changed forever by something the fourth did to the fifth. No matter what happened after, that part is not their fault.

Oh yeah, and I still think LA got tips to the MR and the PIs. :D Not sure how yet but I think LP is right on that one. I don't really think of that as a cover-up though since it got the body found.

They cleaned and Vacuumed the car, threw some air freshener strip in it, removed evidence, and washed the clothes that were probably linked to the murder of their grandchild. The cover up started on July 15th, at the wrecking yard when they didn't IMMEDIATELY call LE. Would you move the car if you thought someone died in it? Here we have an ex-cop, and a nurse that both know what a dead body smells like, and they did nothing. I sware if Casey had 24 hours with Mommy and Daddy they would have covered this entire crime up for her and told everybody Caylee was adopted, because that's how demented they are!

My opinion changes on this every few days. :waitasec:

My "today" opinion is that LA knew first, maybe even July 15th. I think he pretended to help in a cover-up, because he wanted his niece found and knew he could get her to tell him where she was. I think he kept this plan from GA and CA.

I think GA figured it out before the FBI interview. I think he did not want to believe it, but he did. I don't think he was involved in any cover-up, and I think he sincerely wanted to help LE even if it meant KC would never see the light of day. I think the thought of that broke his heart, but I don't think the communication between them was normal or healthy, and once this is over he may realize that her spending life in prison is actually a good thing for their family. :behindbar (not losing Caylee, of course. I think he loved that little girl.)

I think CA was in denial for several weeks. Eventually, I think during the time period AFTER the ridiculous interrogation where she did the "KC said this but might have meant that....or that.... or maybe that..." and the PI visit to the crime scene, LA told her the truth. I think he told her that she couldn't let on to anyone until they had the remains located.

I will be very surprised if those emails claiming KC is innocent released recently turn out to be from her. The doc dump shows some evidence of email hacking and there may be friends or family that want to stir the pot; she certainly gave them enough reasons. But right now she wants to be invisible - that's best for her, and for KC. I can't see her writing those emails at this stage of the game.

In the end I guess I still think no cover-up, but a family of three remaining people whose lives have been changed forever by something the fourth did to the fifth. No matter what happened after, that part is not their fault.

Oh yeah, and I still think LA got tips to the MR and the PIs. :D Not sure how yet but I think LP is right on that one. I don't really think of that as a cover-up though since it got the body found.

I couldn't have said this better myself! This is exactly how I see it, right down to my opinions on the cover-up changing every day.

They cleaned and Vacuumed the car, threw some air freshener strip in it, removed evidence, and washed the clothes that were probably linked to the murder of their grandchild. The cover up started on July 15th, at the wrecking yard when they didn't IMMEDIATELY call LE. Would you move the car if you thought someone died in it? Here we have an ex-cop, and a nurse that both know what a dead body smells like, and they did nothing. I sware if Casey had 24 hours with Mommy and Daddy they would have covered this entire crime up for her and told everybody Caylee was adopted, because that's how demented they are!

Do we know for sure that it was G&C who cleaned and vacuumed the car? I know CA admitted to taking out items and washing them, but I don't remember if they admitted to cleaning the car or not. Could it have been miss casey herself who cleaned and vacuumed it? I seem to remember her taking AL's car to get cleaned before picking him up at the airport. Maybe she went to the same place to clean her car. But, if they did, couldn't the motivation behind it be trying to get rid of that smell so the car could be usable again? To be honest, G&C don't seem like the sharpest crayons in the box, even if GA is ex-LE. He was in LE over 20 years ago, and for how long? A few years? And in some small town in Ohio? I'm not thinking they had too many capital cases, but I could be wrong. I think people give him too much credit because he is ex-LE and expect him to have more common sense than he has because he held this job so long ago. Honestly, I wouldn't put it past them to have been so focused on trying to save that car, and get rid of that stink, that they lost touch with common sense. At that time, I think the idea that Casey might have killed Caylee and that is what stunk up the car did not even cross their minds, until later.

I understand that GA, as a former homicide detective, would recognize the smell of a decomposing body. But I really don't see that CA would recognize that smell. I am also a nurse, and it is not uncommon for a deceased patient to remain in a private room for hours while waiting for the family to arrive, and I've never experienced the "smell of death". I feel that it is an unfair assumption to say that CA would know what a body smells like after rotting in a trunk for a couple days in Florida heat.

I understand that GA, as a former homicide detective, would recognize the smell of a decomposing body. But I really don't see that CA would recognize that smell. I am also a nurse, and it is not uncommon for a deceased patient to remain in a private room for hours while waiting for the family to arrive, and I've never experienced the "smell of death". I feel that it is an unfair assumption to say that CA would know what a body smells like after rotting in a trunk for a couple days in Florida heat.
And yet... that's exactly what Cindy said in her 911 call, "It smells like there been a dead body in the damn car".
Cindy washed the pants- that says cover-up right there to me!

I've always suspected something about July 4th and the pavers being put down, but I suspect George knowing more and covering more during the whole thing.

She was supposedly a nurse of "decomposition"...sorry, she mispoke early on, but did admit to knowing what a dead body smelled like. (IIRC she said it smelled a lot like pizza...j/k)

I think most likely from 16 June, but not certain it wasn't 3 July or 15 July. And I think it was very deliberate.

And yet... that's exactly what Cindy said in her 911 call, "It smells like there been a dead body in the damn car".
Cindy washed the pants- that says cover-up right there to me!

She was certainly "concerned" about the smell...I can't imagine she'd carry on like that on 911 and to her co-workers about it if she thought it was pizza. And by the time she made the call, she must have asked Casey about the smell. Why would you tell a 911 operator someone let a pizza decompose in a car?

She was supposedly a nurse of "decomposition"...sorry, she mispoke early on, but did admit to knowing what a dead body smelled like. (IIRC she said it smelled a lot like pizza...j/k)

Ugghhh..i just had a horrible vision of Cindy & George starring in a pizza commerical--both are wearing aprons and holding pizza boxes saying "Cindy, does it smell like pizza?"Cindy says "Why yes, love, it smells just like pizza" The camera pulls in tight---George opens the box--the camera pans back to their smiling faces and Cindy sputters... " By George, it IS pizza". Stranger things have happened.

I completely agree with everything you've posted!!! LE SHOULD have been called to come to the impound yard! The car should have never been removed from that site! Nothing inside the car should have been removed, let alone washed...the trunk should have never been opened till LE arrived. The "smelly" garbage bag should have never spent 8 hours or so, tossed onto the ground...GEORGE KNEW BETTER! CINDY KNEW BETTER! ARREST THEM for tampering immediately I say. If for no other reason than to set an example for others. They BOTH KNEW BETTER!!!

as soon as they got the car from the tow yard and they smelled "like there's been a dead body in the damn car"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail