Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Rich/poor
    A rich mother can be very wicked.........Mommy Dearest..........remember? Betty Davis.
    A poor woman can be a wonderful mother............
    so I don't think it has allot to do with money........it's love.
    Sometimes how YOU are raised may be the way you raise your children.
    I had a poor mother who raised me in love and a rich father like BL.
    He abused, married 6 times, no child support, could care less about me.
    ITA Many poor mothers are fantastic parents, and economics does not make a parent for sure.
    but I think that the poster had a point about the gap between the rich and the poor...
    Often times in trafficking there are some very rich people at the top of the chain, This needs to stop....
    Poor people just rape and kill but cant afford to pick them and ship them
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

a common thread in many crimes is drugs.........yet even in my town drug sellers only get a slap on the hand, fined and back ut of jail like a revolving door.
    More hard time, road repair and chain gangs need to come back, then if these loafers have to work, they may think again about drug dealing.
    It's way out of control!
    amen! Ita!!

JEFF ASHTON AND LINDA DRANE-BURDICK ARE MY HEROES!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

These nuts are crazy like a fox! RIGHT!
    This was planned! NOT SURE.
    Maybe MAM planned it so she cant talk...Not sure AD wanted to get rid of her meal ticket.
    She did say to Auntie she would never see her because she did not want SD to ever tell,
    and Momie Dearest would have kept them apart.
    Women are Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by wicket View Post
    Suzyq211 - I totally agree with you. It seems we add more and more laws after another crime is committed and even then officials do not arrest any more people. Granted agencies entrusted with protecting children are overworked but then how many of us are not overworked? My feeling is that many of the social workers are absolutely intimidated and afraid of some of these so-called mothers and fathers. So they stay away or do the minimum number of home visits. Local police or state troopers should have to accompany social workers to these homes: first for protection and second, as witnesses. A child should be removed immediately if need be. TThe woman managing this Sleepy Hollow Trailer Park was evicting AD, I believe. Maybe reporting to the Health Dept. the drug activity and conditions at and in the trailer would have made a difference.
    I think social work is like any other job in society as far as the work ethic goes. You have your really dedicated people who have tons of integrity and work really hard and you have those who blow lotsa stuff off. People are people. I'm a social worker for my health dept. and I do home visits with pregnant women and young parents. I also have another job where I am a therapist at a crisis center. I do see a ton of really sad stuff and there have only been a few occasions in my life where I was scared and when I am scared I don't go to visits and have them come to me or called the police. When I was doing child protection work years ago, I had a co-worker get shot. I have formed great relationships over the years with the clients I see and often it's in those relationships where broken families find healing or change even if it's baby steps. Also I think different jobs affect people differently and cause a different kind of fatigue. I often become fatigued with "helper stress" where I'm just emotionally fried but have learned how to cope by good self care. But you are right. It seems most everyone is "overworked" in some way.

I personally think this child just didn't have any bubble of protection around her. No one put her first and the people that perhaps would have like her aunt Carey didn't have the legal authority they needed to follow through. Where was the momma or papa bear with big teeth at her cave scaring her enemies away? And the whole rich/poor thing has little to do in this case as far as I'm concerned. The dad has no history of commitment really and the mom has addiction/attachment issues it seems. My bet is this attachment trauma/no real attachment issue is generational. On both sides.

She was such a cutie too. When I see her pics her eyes seem so alive and awake and full of life. Where I find some relief from my own trauma from this situation is in my faith in God. Like whoever wrote that beautiful poem says, God took her long before the worst darkness hit.

Anyway I just had to give my 2 cents.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kuriouskate For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GetSmart View Post
    passionflower :I just cant watch the funeral.
    Is it on tv?
    Sorry if already answered. It is to be on
    www.wral.com at 3:00 EST

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to karen7868 For This Useful Post:

im sorry if this is wrong and not sure if i should be posting this but its something that has been just gnawimg at my brain. is it possible at all that all bl's mistruths about the custody of shaniya and not admitting that he knew that ad had a prollem be that he himself was usin ad as his own connect? im sorry if im not allowed to post what my initial instinct is tellin me. but it wont leave me alone.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to belle3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by songline View Post
    And he didn't even remember where he dumped her
    because he was so twisted...
    I can't help but think that he told AD where he dumped her and SHE told police the approximate vacinity of where her body was. That's why it took them longer to find her and why no murder charges have been brought down on her yet. I can't help but think that she's talking and telling what she knew to LE, hoping that she won't have murder one brought against her. I can't help but think she'll have either the current charges stick on her or lesser charges like manslaughter added... JMO (I sure hope not though... I want her to have murder charges brought on her too and have her face the death penalty too!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

There are a lot of intelligent people out there in the streets. But they are taught early to bury it...
    Those with brains are more of a threat and they are quickly eliminated.
    Play dumb or die...it is a street code.

But it doesn't mean those smarts are gone, they are buried and accessible when needed.
    I grew up with gangbangers and drug dealers. It's my world.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by debbie0604 View Post
    I can't help but think that he told AD where he dumped her and SHE told police the approximate vacinity of where her body was. That's why it took them longer to find her and why no murder charges have been brought down on her yet. I can't help but think that she's talking and telling what she knew to LE, hoping that she won't have murder one brought against her. I can't help but think she'll have either the current charges stick on her or lesser charges like manslaughter added... JMO (I sure hope not though... I want her to have murder charges brought on her too and have her face the death penalty too!!

I agree and hope she rots in jail too LWOP...

but I remember reading that he had said he was so trashed/high that he only remembered some things relating to where he dumped her....which did lead them to find her.
    Women are Angels.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

but I remember reading that he had said he was so trashed/high that he only remembered some things relating to where he dumped her....which did lead them to find her.
    So he basically admitted to murdering her? Wow...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie0604 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KivaSupporter View Post
    Shaniya Nicole Davis, 5, will be laid to rest at Manna Church, 5117 Cliffdale Road in Fayetteville. The public is invited to attend.

Watch the funeral on WRAL.com LIVE at 3 p.m. EST

http://www.wral.com/
    This is so so sad,I just can't watch it,I already can't get that imagine out of my head of the hotel photo.I hope if anyone does any protests or causes trouble,they're arrested quickly.It's bad enough what happened to the poor little thing,this is her time to be remembered.I was making a big family dinner today and thinking about her and how she should be enjoying the holidays right now.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winterrose For This Useful Post:

Speculation and rumor, at this point he has not said anything to any reliable quoteable source that has made it to the media. Except for yes sir and no sir to the judge, and that wasn't much help.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to not_my_kids For This Useful Post:

may your new little friends welcome you shanyia .. caylee is there .somer is there .sandra is there and riley ,elizabeth and probably little haliegh ..and so so many other little ones .. we pray for you all and miss you all and are forever marked by the sudden exit you made from this earth at the hands of evil foul people... we pray you are all together at gods feet feeling his love warmth and comfort ..

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to zadari For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belle3 View Post
    im sorry if this is wrong and not sure if i should be posting this but its something that has been just gnawimg at my brain. is it possible at all that all bl's mistruths about the custody of shaniya and not admitting that he knew that ad had a prollem be that he himself was usin ad as his own connect? im sorry if im not allowed to post what my initial instinct is tellin me. but it wont leave me alone.
    While BL is considered a victim we cant say too much...
    I am as clear as can be he is hiding more then he is telling.
    Last edited by songline; 11-22-2009 at 03:22 PM.
    Women are Angels.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zadari View Post
    may your new little friends welcome you shanyia .. Caylee is there .somer is there .sandra is there and riley ,elizabeth and probably little haliegh ..and so so many other little ones .. We pray for you all and miss you all and are forever marked by the sudden exit you made from this earth at the hands of evil foul people... We pray you are all together at gods feet feeling his love warmth and comfort ..

amen!
    Women are Angels.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to songline For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast