1447 users online (321 members and 1126 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Woman Shoots Intruder During 911 Call

I didn't see this posted anywhere.

"Oklahoma resident Donna Jackson faced a life or death situation when an intruder tried to break into her rural-area home last Friday.

Home alone, but armed with a shotgun, 57-year-old Jackson called 911 and begged for help, but police couldnt get there before the man was able to break through a glass door with a chair and patio table."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5949873.shtml

I heard part of this 911 call on the radio this morning and almost started crying. The poor woman sounded beside herself that she had to shoot him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn1001 View Post
    I didn't see this posted anywhere.

"Oklahoma resident Donna Jackson faced a life or death situation when an intruder tried to break into her rural-area home last Friday.

Home alone, but armed with a shotgun, 57-year-old Jackson called 911 and begged for help, but police couldnt get there before the man was able to break through a glass door with a chair and patio table."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n5949873.shtml

I heard part of this 911 call on the radio this morning and almost started crying. The poor woman sounded beside herself that she had to shoot him.
    That poor woman. You could hear the fear that she had of him breaking in and the agony she went through after she shot him.

Oh my goodness! That poor poor woman, what she must feel! All I can say is good for her! Who knows what this man would have done to her. I hope I would be strong enough to do the same thing if I were in her shoes.
    All my posts are my opinion only! Unless otherwise stated!

~Justice for all~

“If someone raises a dog to be aggressive it will be, no matter what breed it is.”

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Link-less

I really feel bad for her and back her 100%

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Oh my god. I'm so sorry for this brave woman who never dreamed she would have to kill another human being. I hope she soon finds a way to live with this, and finds herself OK with herself, resolved to the necessity of it I will certainly be thinking and praying for her healing in the days to come . . .

If more people were able and willing to do what she's done, I can't help but think there would be fewer and fewer idiots willing to risk their own death for a few hundred dollars of stolen stuff.

Sometimes in life,a womans' gotta do what a womans' gotta do.
    Last edited by capps; 12-09-2009 at 06:45 PM.

Wow poor lady...that took guts I don't know if I would have been able to do it. I hope she will be ok.

There is a WHOLE lot more to this story.... you can listen to the entire 30 minute 911 call at the link below and then read the comments below the article. This poor woman was on the phone for over 10 minutes with the operator before she had to shoot when the man broke through the window. It took another 13 or more minutes before LE finally was able to get to her house. THEN at the end of the 911 call they patch her into a 3 way call with her son who is a LE officer in another jurisdiction! It is so sad, and you can feel her pain and terror and sorrow at what she did.

Seems to turn out that the man was drunk, had wrecked his car with his sister (also impaired) and was trying to get help. He was violent, and cursing and refused to leave when told the lady had a gun. He continued the assault on her home and she had no choice but to shoot when he broke the patio door window and came inside.

http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-and-k...rticle/3422498

Quote Originally Posted by raeann View Post
    There is a WHOLE lot more to this story.... you can listen to the entire 30 minute 911 call at the link below and then read the comments below the article. This poor woman was on the phone for over 10 minutes with the operator before she had to shoot when the man broke through the window. It took another 13 or more minutes before LE finally was able to get to her house. THEN at the end of the 911 call they patch her into a 3 way call with her son who is a LE officer in another jurisdiction! It is so sad, and you can feel her pain and terror and sorrow at what she did.

Seems to turn out that the man was drunk, had wrecked his car with his sister (also impaired) and was trying to get help. He was violent, and cursing and refused to leave when told the lady had a gun. He continued the assault on her home and she had no choice but to shoot when he broke the patio door window and came inside.

http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-and-k...rticle/3422498
    Can anyone else not see the comments? How do I display them?

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Can anyone else not see the comments? How do I display them?
    I don't see them anymore....they may have shut it down as it was getting a bit contentious with people claiming to be relatives and friends of the man who was shot.

jmoo

What was she saying about shooting the other dog and the neighbor being upset? I couldn't make that part out.

ETA: Answering my own question. Listened to it again. I think what she was saying was that they didn't need to fear the other big dog because he stopped barking when she killed the guy. However, she was also worried that the neighbor would come over because of the noise and shots and would be traumatized by the sight.
    Last edited by mycroft; 12-10-2009 at 03:05 PM.

I would love to know what kind of truck this guy drove.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    I would love to know what kind of truck this guy drove.
    The perp? Why?

This poor woman. I listened to the entire call. She was so brave dealing with that with her only help being a 911 operator. It's scary to think it would take LE more than five minutes to reach an emergency of this magnitude. Bless this woman.. she had to be terrified.

I'm thankful he didn't go to one of her neighbors homes. Mrs. Jackson mentions all of her neighbors are elderly. I'm glad she had the ability to protect herself. May she be able to make peace with what she had to do. Who knows what this person was capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    The perp? Why?
    Because there was a truck from out of the area seen when Patricia Kimmi went missing. Hailey Elliott was also seen getting into a truck.

Now on HLN today, a pic was shown of this guy that Donna Jackson had shot and said he had an extensive record. It was also shown on HLN what he would look like if he had hair or those sideburns. And this guy was clearly crazy.

Could there be a connection?
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast