Farmer kills 51 cows and then kills himself

Why can't these guys just kill themselves without killing something or someone else too? At least he didn't kill his family.

Why can't these guys just kill themselves without killing something or someone else too? At least he didn't kill his family.

I've often wondered why, if a person absolutely must kill someone before they off themselves, why not a bad guy and go out a street hero.
IMO

I just want to know why the heck he had to kill the cows before he died? What purpose did that serve? Was he blaming the cows for his problems? It just doesn't make sense at all.

I assume he killed the cows because milk prices are so low that the cows cost more to feed than you can make selling the milk. The heifers and calves can be sold.

I believe he killed the cows because he was worried they might be mistreated elsewhere. Mistreatment of cows is rather common. I don't think he was a bad guy, I think he did it out of love for the cattle he raised and cared for.

My opinion only

If the man was too sick to care for the animals, could he not have given them away as opposed to killing them?

I think he suffered from a moo'd disorder.

Bizarre idea of a murder, suicide!:waitasec:

Really! Who even THINKS to kill the COWS??

Neighbors say that he was quiet & kept to himself. If he did not have many visitors, he may have thought about what would happen if he was not found for many days. He didn't want the milk cows to suffer, imo.

I'd think there'd be an easier way to flag the problem than killing 51 cows.

If he started selling or giving away his herd it would be a crisis alert to those who knew him. He was serious about going-- my immediate take on it.

But as a second notion, I sincerely hope there wasn't a personal message for someone who couldn't "cover" for him so he could take a break... which would be verrrry mean.

The onus of caring for dairy cows is so demanding.

If he started selling or giving away his herd it would be a crisis alert to those who knew him. He was serious about going-- my immediate take on it.

But as a second notion, I sincerely hope there wasn't a personal message for someone who couldn't "cover" for him so he could take a break... which would be verrrry mean.

The onus of caring for dairy cows is so demanding.

I agree. He was determined to kill himself but didn't want to let the cows suffer or burden his neighbors with 51 more animals to feed and milk.

How sad in either instance, loving his cows so much that he couldn't stand to see them possibly suffer -OR- the possibility that it was out of vengeance for someone that couldn't "cover" for him. The time it would take to kill 51 cows...and still kill yourself. Poor man, I hope his spirit is at peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back