Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: WA - Unidentified Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #4

i sent you my email by private msg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to akashana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by coldcaseman View Post
    This deserves a closer look, and I'll be meeting with Det. Sgt. Shumate on Tuesday. Many of the features look good, but I can't tell about the ears. The gentleman with the beer bottle has the type of earlobes that Lyle had.
    Richard had those ears too, his lobes didn't hang although they were a little bigger than my other friends. They connected right to his head.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunniswife For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by akashana View Post
    i sent you my email by private msg

Did my email not come yet akashana?

Quote Originally Posted by bunniswife View Post
    Richard had those ears too, his lobes didn't hang although they were a little bigger than my other friends. They connected right to his head.
    Attached earlobes

Ok, it won't let me do it because the file is too big, i.e., there are 4 photos together sent as one photo attachment. But I have to say upon looking at the shape of his face up close, I am less sure now. If you look at the one in the upper left corner, it shows his chin jutting out in a way that Lyle's doesn't seem to. I don't know how to crop photos to make them small enough to post. I suck like that, sadly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to akashana For This Useful Post:

I tried to crop my other pictures of Richard and didn't make a copy to start with. Anyhow, what's left is this picture. I know the earlobes look off but looking at Lyle's earlobes, they are fat in the same place Richards lobes were.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bunniswife; 04-21-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Accidentally hit post instead of go advanced.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunniswife For This Useful Post:

It's the chin that seems off to me. I dunno . . . he's the closest I've seen since we all got excited over Jonathan Depatie, may he rest in peace.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akashana For This Useful Post:

I tried to crop my other pictures of Richard and didn't make a copy to start with. Anyhow, what's left is this picture. I know the earlobes look off but looking at Lyle's earlobes, they are fat in the same place Richards lobes were.
    I don't believe that Richard is Lyle, but I am meeting with Shumate on Tuesday, and will let everyone know what we uncover.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to coldcaseman For This Useful Post:

Thank you, CCM. I know you of all people want closure here.

Thanks, I hope Richard isn't Lyle either. But if he IS, then I would want to know. They/ He deserves that.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunniswife For This Useful Post:

Thanks Lane, it's good to hear from you again.

UPDATE: I have cropped the remaining photos. See attachments below.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by outofthedark; 04-22-2012 at 12:39 AM.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

Thank you so very, very much.

Thank you so very, very much.
    You're welcome. I'm glad I could be of help

Thinking of you, bunniswife, and Richard, and everyone who loved him. I can't imagine that this will be easy whichever way things turn out. Know that you are in a safe place with lots of support, though.

I was looking at the photos and wondered if you remember Richard having a mole on his chin? The cocaine use also goes along with "Lyle's" tightened belt and apparent weight loss.

Keeping you in my thoughts as we wait.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to annemc2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    Thinking of you, bunniswife, and Richard, and everyone who loved him. I can't imagine that this will be easy whichever way things turn out. Know that you are in a safe place with lots of support, though.

I was looking at the photos and wondered if you remember Richard having a mole on his chin? The cocaine use also goes along with "Lyle's" tightened belt and apparent weight loss.

Keeping you in my thoughts as we wait.
    Richard does in fact have a mole in the same spot as Lyle. One thing about Richard was that he always wore clothes that were too big for him because he was very slim. His pants were always two to three sizes too big and he always layered his shirts. Richard also had an appendectomy scar on his stomach which is why so many of the similarities lead me to believe he may be Lyle.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bunniswife For This Useful Post:

Thanks for joining!!! OH MY so many similarities! He's even wearing a flannel like Lyle had

Wow surely a match!
    mortui vivos docent

Quote Originally Posted by bunniswife;7818017[B
    ]Richard does in fact have a mole in the same spot as Lyle.[/b] One thing about Richard was that he always wore clothes that were too big for him because he was very slim. His pants were always two to three sizes too big and he always layered his shirts. Richard also had an appendectomy scar on his stomach which is why so many of the similarities lead me to believe he may be Lyle.
    OMG!!

Too much to ignore!

UPDATE: Someone is currently attempting to locate Richard's father.
    Last edited by outofthedark; 04-22-2012 at 01:05 PM.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

This definately looks like a match. So sad but hope he is identified.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to SoBeCzar For This Useful Post:

I have tried to look up the name "Mierle"/Meirle" on different online directories, none of which panned out except for a <modsnip> in Ontario. I don't know the full name of Richard's dad, so I can't say for sure whether this person might be related to Richard.
    Last edited by Harmony2; 04-22-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: please do not post names of unrelated parties

I have excluded Harold Galvis through fingerprints. Det. Sgt. Shumate and I discussed Richard Meirle, and he is looking into it. The ears don't appear to match, but it deserves a closer look.

34. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to coldcaseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks, I know you'll keep us updated!

Det. Sgt. Shumate and I discussed the possibility of facial recognition software, to compare the photos. It may not be exact, but would let us know if we are on the right track. One of the Deputies is into genealogy, and will be looking into Richard's past. The RCMP (or some agency) needs to confirm if Richard is a missing person, and obtain a DNA sample from a relative if he is. I know this may look like a match, but I've been down this road too many times before, and have been discouraged too many times. That is why I prefer to remain sceptical.

37. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to coldcaseman For This Useful Post:

"Facial recognition" sounds fascinating. I've never heard of that before.

If it's still possible (it's been over a decade now), we could try isotope testing with Lyle.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcaseman View Post
    Det. Sgt. Shumate and I discussed the possibility of facial recognition software, to compare the photos. It may not be exact, but would let us know if we are on the right track. One of the Deputies is into genealogy, and will be looking into Richard's past. The RCMP (or some agency) needs to confirm if Richard is a missing person, and obtain a DNA sample from a relative if he is. I know this may look like a match, but I've been down this road too many times before, and have been discouraged too many times. That is why I prefer to remain sceptical.
    Thanks Coldcaseman, Lyle had a certain 'look' about him that I don't see in Richard. Yes the square jaw is similar and a hard one to find IMO. I think Lyle's look centered around his eyes - well this is certainly not scientific at all. Facial recognition does sound perfect if the County will go for the cost.

It is good to see you again and hope all is well with you and your family. ;} Anything new on the gal found out of Elma?

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scandi For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast