Page 14 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast
    There is so much info on this case, I couldn't read through it all. I know on the second thread the investigator chimed in which I thought was amazing, is he still commenting on this thread and case?

I was just wondering if phone records were checked from Lyle's room?

Quote Originally Posted by foryourwine View Post
    Whoops, forgot to add Donald's link.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...tt_donald.html
    Is this guy really ruled out? There are a lot of similarities. And if you read further Izzett moved from Florida to Canada in 95, therefor could explain the accent. He graduated at the top of his class. Has an abdominal scar, along with ear problems, height is the same, and judging from the pic, I see some resemblance.

I don't think either Washington or Izzet is Lyle. Remembering some of what CCM said on here about Lyle, he mentioned that Lyle had never used hair dye. Also, Lyle has a broken nose that never healed properly, neither of these two have that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

Broken Nose

As far as the broken nose, both Washington and Izzet disappeared several years before Lyle was found, so I would think the broken nose could have occurred during that gap.

I just wish there was more info available on Washington, so we could have a better idea if he's even a possibility.

One of the autopsy pictures of Lyle was a side view. In it he looked a little Oriental to me. Did anyone else think that? I thought I read somewhere that the eyes sometimes appear blue after death. Could his eyes have been brown?

Could it be the family has identified Lyle and wish to remain private about it? I say this because my great grandmother committed suicide in 1907 and it must have been terrible enough for the family as it was. They must have really felt awful as it was published in the local newspaper. She also hung herself and stabbed her wrists as well. Three people in our city, all of them age 65 committed suicide on the same day. I'm sorry I never got to know her as I was born 40 years later. My Dad didn't even get to know his own grandmother as she died 10 years before he was born. One of her sons said that she was very depressed because her health was deteriorating. She had attempted suicide before. And like Cold Case Man said that a person usually prefers to do it in familiar surroundings, she did it at home when she was alone. How terrible it must have been for her husband to come home from work and find her like that. She was very thin like Lyle. I guess severe depression will take away your appetite. She also must have been very lonely as all of her children had married and left home.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye lady View Post
    One of the autopsy pictures of Lyle was a side view. In it he looked a little Oriental to me. Did anyone else think that? I thought I read somewhere that the eyes sometimes appear blue after death. Could his eyes have been brown?

Could it be the family has identified Lyle and wish to remain private about it? I say this because my great grandmother committed suicide in 1907 and it must have been terrible enough for the family as it was. They must have really felt awful as it was published in the local newspaper. She also hung herself and stabbed her wrists as well. Three people in our city, all of them age 65 committed suicide on the same day. I'm sorry I never got to know her as I was born 40 years later. My Dad didn't even get to know his own grandmother as she died 10 years before he was born. One of her sons said that she was very depressed because her health was deteriorating. She had attempted suicide before. And like Cold Case Man said that a person usually prefers to do it in familiar surroundings, she did it at home when she was alone. How terrible it must have been for her husband to come home from work and find her like that. She was very thin like Lyle. I guess severe depression will take away your appetite. She also must have been very lonely as all of her children had married and left home.
    Is it one of DocWho3's photos? I noticed he had what appeared to be some freckle sized dark spots on the side of his face (after I rotated it several times) in one photo.

I'm not sure about who posted the photo. If I can find it again I'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye lady View Post
    I'm not sure about who posted the photo. If I can find it again I'll let you know.
    Thanks

I am almost positive Jondalar has been mentioned beforesomewher on a thread here. I recognize the name. I think the mouth is wrong for him. I don't see the Izzet resemblance that much either.

Let's brainstorm. We have a lot of dedicated people on this thread. How can we get his picture out there in the media? There are FB pages already, but what we need is the kind of media attention given to someone like amnesiac Benjamin Kyle. Of course, he is alive and searching for answers, and our guy is just an anonymous suicide. But that man had a mother and a father, perhaps siblings, a wife or a child. Somebody knows him, worked with him, sat beside him in school, deliverd his mail, flirted with him, played Little League ball with him. Somebody out there is missing him. How can we find them???

11. The Following User Says Thank You to akashana For This Useful Post:

Brain storming....

Some ideas I have are having a 'Lyle Power hour' every now and then. Everyone post his info on various (acceptable) places online. Besides craigslist, facebook,myspace, i'm at loss where else is a good place or maybe print his info off and send it to various places. News stations, PD's, mental health facilities, drug rehabs, dentist.... If we could get 10 people at least (and I know there's more of you out there willing to help, even you lurkers like me*wink*) we could get his information out there to quite a few people

The thought even crossed my mind that if anyone knows anyone in prison, maybe they could send a flyer there to be passed around lol Maybe Hang flyers in odd places.. Near a Newspaper rack.. Bulletin boards around town.. Shoot show the mail carriers lol..

Its too bad we couldn't compile a list of 'oldy but goody' unidentified victims and convince a talk show do a show on it! That would be great!

I guess I have tons of ideas. I just don't want to be forbidden to 'help' out lol Sometimes me helping gets me in trouble

When I posted about the dentist earlier it made me think of to ask this:
    If there is any way we could get a hold of a picture of his teeth? With all his dental info?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyslims For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Babyslims View Post
    Brain storming....

Some ideas I have are having a 'Lyle Power hour' every now and then. Everyone post his info on various (acceptable) places online. Besides craigslist, facebook,myspace, i'm at loss where else is a good place or maybe print his info off and send it to various places. News stations, PD's, mental health facilities, drug rehabs, dentist.... If we could get 10 people at least (and I know there's more of you out there willing to help, even you lurkers like me*wink*) we could get his information out there to quite a few people

The thought even crossed my mind that if anyone knows anyone in prison, maybe they could send a flyer there to be passed around lol Maybe Hang flyers in odd places.. Near a Newspaper rack.. Bulletin boards around town.. Shoot show the mail carriers lol..

Its too bad we couldn't compile a list of 'oldy but goody' unidentified victims and convince a talk show do a show on it! That would be great!

I guess I have tons of ideas. I just don't want to be forbidden to 'help' out lol Sometimes me helping gets me in trouble

When I posted about the dentist earlier it made me think of to ask this:
    If there is any way we could get a hold of a picture of his teeth? With all his dental info?
    I had the same idea, and it was to make an "information wanted" poster with his photos and info and post it at school (college, really), but under the condition that it be kept on the information board for the whole year, to get people to see it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

I really like the "Information Wanted" poster idea!!!

Although I do question the photo part. Only because IMO I don't think the photo's reconstructions look much like him.. but I know they tried to make him more 'life' like but he just looks way different in those reconstructions compared to the autopsy photo's

Quote Originally Posted by Babyslims View Post
    Although I do question the photo part. Only because IMO I don't think the photo's reconstructions look much like him.. but I know they tried to make him more 'life' like but he just looks way different in those reconstructions compared to the autopsy photo's
    If I make the "IW" poster, do you mind me using your computer generated reconstructions? I still have copies of the collage.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to outofthedark For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by outofthedark View Post
    If I make the "IW" poster, do you mind me using your computer generated reconstructions? I still have copies of the collage.
    Oh I don't mind just please leave a link or send me a copy so I can print it off and i'll send it to various places I'll update as I send stuff off, and maybe anyone else who would like to join can too

Page 14 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast