GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Amanda have Sha take the kids to Monkey Joe's for the entire day?

Yes, the following morning Amanda called Sha to pick up the boys and take them to MJs. She had them from around 9:30ish until 6 or so, IIRC.

I didn't catch Karen's testimony at Grant's trial. Did Karen ever testify as to when the visit arrangements were made - like when did Amanda call and ask/tell her they were coming up for a visit with the antique?

Something tells me Det. is going to get some ribbing regarding his answer to "are you familiar with womens clothing".

If I recall correctly, it was a diving accident.

I don't even think the stuff we found at the time gave us that much info but I do recall that having come out during the trial.

I believe that the accident itself happened earlier and that there was an interval between the accident and his eventual death from complications. I am pretty sure that is correct, but will have to go back now and see if that's right.

HI Tiger!

The cross exam is so painful I turned off the sound completely. I'm really only interested in hearing the state's questions. The rest of it is just soy filler re-heated.

I didn't catch Karen's testimony at Grant's trial. Did Karen ever testify as to when the visit arrangements were made - like when did Amanda call and ask/tell her they were coming up for a visit with the antique?

She testified Amanda called a day or two before the visit, but her memory was "vague". She was asked if that was unusual for AH to announce a visit with not much advance notice. She said it wasn't unusual.

When will Rosemary Godwin, Gaskins' wife (at least she was as of a couple of years ago, dunno about at the present), take a more active role? She also used to be a public defender several years ago, as well. I'm thinking she would be much sharper & better. <smh> Maybe she would rev it up at least to the legal speed limit.
icon9.gif

When the defense presents its case......GROAN. I am imagining the slow talking, droning.

And with Boz being the epitome of organized and succinct, the contrast makes it even more painful. Boz really is amazing with his organization and attention to detail, and he hits his points and moves right along. If I was a judge, I'd love him.

Next states witness, Karen Berry, sister of the defendant

You should get your answer now....Karen Berry coming up

We're ba-a-a-a-ack with a "Mz. Berry." Hmmmm, could it be???

Yep, Karen Berry.

On with the show.

Rhis is what KB testified to at GH trial, I listened to it the other day & took notes......."There were a few calls in July
Can’t remember the date but she wanted to come see me, she missed me & her husband had sold his computer so she could come see her, she had been missing me real bad
She can’t remember when she said she was coming, but she had to change it, it was within a few days"

Karen vacated Skinner Lane. Good idea!

Oh yes, Karen has all kinds of memory issues. This is deja vu for me. She was extremely fuzzy on details during GH's trial.

It appears we have a case of the dual sniffles.... Judge vs Witness :scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member