WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 Jun 2007 #2

Mazomanie, WI is near Kelly Nolan's hometown of Waunakee, WI. She disappeared on June 23, 2007, from downtown Madison, and her body was found July 9, 2007, in the Town of Dunn, WI, 16 days later, across Schneider Drive from Triple K Stables. She died from blunt force trauma to the torso area with fractures.

[url]http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/nolan.jpeg[/URL]

Julie Speerschneider was also found in the Town of Dunn, WI, about 4 miles east near the Yahara River in 1981. She also went missing from downtown Madison in 1978 after hitchhiking. Julie's skeleton was found "LYING FACE DOWN AND COVERED WITH BRANCHES AND TWIGS in a manner of someone attempting to hide it." No clothes were found on or near the body other than a braid of brown hair tied with a decorative plastic band. She was found 50 feet from the riverbank and 40 feet from Yahara Drive., a quarter mile off of Dryeson Road between Lake Kegonsa and McFarland.

[url]http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/Speerschneider.jpg[/URL]

Julie Ann Hall was bludgeoned to death and buried near Waunakee, WI (Nolan's hometown) in 1978. Waunakee, WI is 18 miles east of Mazomanie, WI. Julie Hall's nude body was found "FACE DOWN in a shallow stump hole and HAD BEEN COVERED WITH LEAVES AND GRASS." She had been struck hard under her jaw and was covered with scratches and bruises. The body was found by a farmer just off Hyy 12 west of Waunakee.

I tried to link a photo of Julie Ann Hall. Didn't work, so a link to an article about her.

http://www.surroundedbyreality.com/Misc/Crimes/JAHMurder.asp

The Tanna Togstad and Timothy Mumbrue murders are also associated with or near rodeos, stables, etc.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229592

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/tannatogstadphoto.jpg

Wisconsin High School Rodeo Finals, Richland Center, WI., Manawa Mid-West Rodeo, Manawa, WI., National High School Rodeo, Shawnee, OK., Wautoma Area Rodeo Roundup, Waushara, WI County Fairgrounds, Wild West Days & Professional Rodeo Cowboy's Assn. Rodeo, Mazomanie, WI

And of course we have Sandy Rea, 17, disappeared on September 19, 1984, from Shawnee, Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma.

[url]http://kfor.com/2013/09/30/family-pushes-to-solve-cold-case-of-missing-shawnee-girl/[/URL]

[url]http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/shawnee-missing-girl.jpg[/URL]

Convicted rapist killer Glendon Gouker is from the same county and he was living up here in Wisconsin and working at the B Bar 10 western clothing store. Of course, his former boss is under investigation for killing 5 people in Wisconsin and Gouker says he drove his former boss to one of the double murders.

Note the similarities in features of all these victims, three of them found in the Town of Dunn, WI and two of them found face down, covered with twigs and grass. All brunettes.

https://www.facebook.com/napolean.smith.315

The similarities are remarkable!

Also I just saw they updated Kelly's cause of death, that is newly released info. Nice job gia and sleuther for keeping this thread updated.

Blunt force trauma to the torso is different , does anyone know if the mechanism of injury or what the felt the ,weapon was stated anywhere by police.

And of course we have Sandy Rea, 17, disappeared on September 19, 1984, from Shawnee, Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma.

[url]http://kfor.com/2013/09/30/family-pushes-to-solve-cold-case-of-missing-shawnee-girl/[/URL]

[url]http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h337/tangledweb55/shawnee-missing-girl.jpg[/URL]

Convicted rapist killer Glendon Gouker is from the same county and he was living up here in Wisconsin and working at the B Bar 10 western clothing store. Of course, his former boss is under investigation for killing 5 people in Wisconsin and Gouker says he drove his former boss to one of the double murders.

https://www.facebook.com/napolean.smith.315

Given that Glendon was born in 1971, he would have only been about 13 or 14 years old when Sandy disappeared. As a result, I highly doubt Glendon was involved with Sandy's disappearance, but you never know. I have seen stranger things happen.

Thank you for referencing Sandy. I hope that one day we will solve her case.

Blunt force trauma to the torso is different , does anyone know if the mechanism of injury or what the felt the ,weapon was stated anywhere by police.

I haven't been able to find anything on a weapon. I was surprised to see a cause of death finally released. Seems that LE have been very quiet surrounding her death.
So I myself find that blunt force trauma kind of odd. I just remember at the time of her murder they never would release crap then with Zimmerman they were pretty open about the fact she was stabbed to death.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Britney Zimmermann*

Given that Glendon was born in 1971, he would have only been about 13 or 14 years old when Sandy disappeared. As a result, I highly doubt Glendon was involved with Sandy's disappearance, but you never know. I have seen stranger things happen.

Thank you for referencing Sandy. I hope that one day we will solve her case.

About 10% of rapist murderers are age 13 to 17. I'm tending to think he started young, especially considering he fathered children with his sister and was charged with having sex with her in 1992 in Wisconsin.

Gouker was about 19-20 when he raped the girl in Iola, Wisconsin in 1990. Then he has that rape and murder in Oklahoma. One accomplice known to being his sister/wife. He admitted to the rape and double murder in Weyauwega, WI in 1992. DNA found at that rape/double murder did not match Gouker so he had to be working with an accomplice(s). There is the possibility that accomplice also is from Oklahoma. I don't doubt that he has committed many more rapes and/or murders in his life time.

Did Sandy Rea's disappearance coincide with a rodeo going on at the time in Shawnee?

I'm sure she was run over or hit by the suspect's vehicle. We know he had one since she disappeared miles away in Madison.

I haven't been able to find anything on a weapon. I was surprised to see a cause of death finally released. Seems that LE have been very quiet surrounding her death.
So I myself find that blunt force trauma kind of odd. I just remember at the time of her murder they never would release crap then with Zimmerman they were pretty open about the fact she was stabbed to death.

Didn't they accidently release the autopsy info in Zimmerman's death? I thought I read that somewhere.

Also, didn't one of the people to last see Nolan alive say that he knew Nolan? I don't know how long Nolan was in Madison, but it's possible that person knew her from her hometown of Waunakee, WI, not from Madison.

Do you mean the guy who said he was in the middle of walking her home then some other guy came up and said he new her and would help her home?

That actually always confused me because I never seen much for a sketch of the suspect. Its actually been a while sense I've read threw all Kelly or Zimmerminn's threads.

Do you mean the guy who said he was in the middle of walking her home then some other guy came up and said he new her and would help her home?

That actually always confused me because I never seen much for a sketch of the suspect. Its actually been a while sense I've read threw all Kelly or Zimmerminn's threads.

That's the one. I used to heavily post on those old threads (tangledweb/scorpionsting) I lost interest as time went on.

Did Sandy Rea's disappearance coincide with a rodeo going on at the time in Shawnee?

I thought about this after your post. Shawnee does host the International Finals Youth Rodeo (IFYR) every year and Glendon very well could have attended, given his age. I'm not sure what date it took place back in 1984, but this year it takes place in late July.

If there was a rodeo, it would have been held at the Shawnee expo center, which is about a 10 minute drive to the area where Sandy was last known to be seen (area around Shawnee Bowl).

I thought about this after your post. Shawnee does host the International Finals Youth Rodeo (IFYR) every year and Glendon very well could have attended, given his age. I'm not sure what date it took place back in 1984, but this year it takes place in late July.

If there was a rodeo, it would have been held at the Shawnee expo center, which is about a 10 minute drive to the area where Sandy was last known to be seen (area around Shawnee Bowl).

The National High School Rodeo was held in Shawnee, OK July 20-26, 1992. I could find no info for 1984. I suppose someone would find it in the Oklahoma online newspapers? I don't know if that's a yearly event in Shawnee or whether that moves around. I see a that someone named Nancy Rea won the 1981 Oklahoma All Around Cowgirl award. Any relation to Sandy Rea?

won http://www.nhsra.com/All-Around-Cowgirl

I'm guessing if someone contacted the NHSR people they could give out info on where they held rodeos since 1949.
The International Finals Youth Rodeo has only been operating since 1994. I'm sure there were other rodeo events in Shawnee in 1984, and, of course, I don't want to put events into a box, either.

Gouker did work at B Bar 10 Western Village in Amherst, WI in the early 1990's. In Oklahoma he worked at Flying G Firewood and the Old Rock Store. Flying G Firewood is now owned by Kyle Gouker, Glendon's brother and the Old Rock Store is owned by Gary Veitenheimer. Gary's married to Penny Veitenheimer, Gouker's mother. All of them lived up here in Wisconsin and moved back to Oklahoma sometime after the Togstad/Mumbrue murders. Both Glendon and Penny worked at B Bar 10 in Amherst, WI.

Thanks for this info Sleutherforlife - I did confirm that the IFYR started in 1992 so that would have not been the associated event. Where was the Flying G Firewood store and Old Rock Store located?

As a side note - I'm going to do some research to see if there is anyway to look at historical newspapers. Particularly, the Shawnee News Star.

Thanks for this info Sleutherforlife - I did confirm that the IFYR started in 1992 so that would have not been the associated event. Where was the Flying G Firewood store and Old Rock Store located?

As a side note - I'm going to do some research to see if there is anyway to look at historical newspapers. Particularly, the Shawnee News Star.

Flying G - Prague, OK - Old Rock Store is in or was in Cromwell, OK

Flying G - Prague, OK - Old Rock Store is in or was in Cromwell, OK

Thanks Sleutherforlife. Both of those locations are very near Shawnee. Shawnee was a popular spot for hangouts for people in surrounding towns. Any idea when he was in the area? Even if he was not involved in Sandy's case, he may have been involved with other cases during the time he was in the area.

Thanks Sleutherforlife. Both of those locations are very near Shawnee. Shawnee was a popular spot for hangouts for people in surrounding towns. Any idea when he was in the area? Even if he was not involved in Sandy's case, he may have been involved with other cases during the time he was in the area.

His family ran Flying G. Most of them moved up to Wisconsin in the early 1990's up to 1993. After the rapes and murders Glendon was involved in up here they all moved back to Oklahoma and Glendon operated the Flying G after his father died. So he lived down there until at least 1990.

Do we know if there was any evidence of sexual assault ?

Do we know if there was any evidence of sexual assault ?

Hey Rich,

I'm not sure which case you are referring to, but if it was Sandy Rea's, Sandy's body was never found. She is still a missing person since 1984 from Shawnee, OK.

I did see a crime earlier that he was rumored to have been involved with and the related female victim was sexual assaulted before being stabbed to death.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back