WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 Jun 2007 #2

I read that the guy who said he would Kelly home gave police DNA sample, which I'm hoping means they have some DNA evidence to compare against Nilo.
Have they ever said they have DNA? (Or that they don't?)

I read that the guy who said he would Kelly home gave police DNA sample, which I'm hoping means they have some DNA evidence to compare against Nilo.
Have they ever said they have DNA? (Or that they don't?)
Here’s the thing sadly, the chances of having any DNA are very very “cross your fingers” at the moment. Only reason I say that is because no one ever confirmed that they had any at all. The Madison police have kept so much info regarding her murder close to their chests. Her cause of death was released 7 years after her body was found. Cause of death: Homicidal violence, blunt force trauma to the torso along with other fractures. She was left in that spot in the summer heat June 23rd-July 9th. Heat is awful for dna (but good for finger prints!) I know for a fact the animals got to her and that she was not all in one piece. I know for a fact that the police/coroner had to look at some really difficult and horrific stuff and were deeply impacted by this. I also know through a connection that this was the medical examiner’s most difficult and horrific autopsy they ever had to perform on. My heart honestly goes out to them because for over a decade I thought they didn’t care about this case or were sweeping it under the rug every 5 years(news stations would do “5 year anniversary” and the police would ask the public for help with 0 information to give.) After speaking with MPD and detective Peterson several times this year I know that they care a crap ton about getting this solved and have the most deepest care and communication with the Nolan family. I know they have a few items of evidence but nothing that could lead to a motive. AKA no DNA. HOWEVER…. Dna has come a longgggg way in 16 years so I’m hoping (crossing my fingers) they can somehow find it on the evidence they still have.

From the Boston Globe Aug 24 2023. I am starting to believe that Madison LE, 15-16 years ago, were unable to collect DNA. If I’m wrong I am hoping that in time, technology will further help Madison solve these cases…

Attachments

• IMG_9244.png
    IMG_9244.png
    300.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9245.jpeg
    IMG_9245.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9246.jpeg
    IMG_9246.jpeg
    190.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9247.jpeg
    IMG_9247.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9248.jpeg
    IMG_9248.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_9249.jpeg
    IMG_9249.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9250.png
    IMG_9250.png
    261 KB · Views: 17
Ok if DNA does not link MN then I still stand by my theory.

IMO
Kelly was walking home, got hit by a car, hence the abdominal blunt force trauma. Then the perpetrator/s put her in said vehicle and drove "out of town" and dumped her assuming she was dead. In 2007 the site where she was found would seem like out in the country and the middle of nowhere.

Living in MSN in 2007 there was alot more police presence on the street and on foot vs in vehicles. University Ave and State Street were heavy foot traffic areas and lots of people. As you walked further away, like towards apartments if this did happen the way I think it might have, there would have been drastically fewer people out milling around.

IMO
Kelly was walking home, got hit by a car, hence the abdominal blunt force trauma. Then the perpetrator/s put her in said vehicle and drove "out of town" and dumped her assuming she was dead. In 2007 the site where she was found would seem like out in the country and the middle of nowhere.
With 16+ LE agencies on site and death caused by homicidal violence, IMO, I think it was a little more than the disposal of a body after an accident. There would have been a lot of blood with those type injuries and I can't see anyone transporting a body in their vehicle in that condition and then committing another crime at the site where she was discovered. But, I could be wrong.

"And if they could determine from a distance that the victim obviously was slain and she died from homicidal violence, including blunt force trauma of torso with fractures, and "yet another crime occurred there", there being where she was found, then it must have been something way out of the ordinary and possibly staged."

The various agencies who were at the Kelly Nolan crime scene:

University of Wisconsin Police Department/The Fitchburg Police Department/The Dane County 911 Center/The Madison Fire Department/The Dane County Sheriff's Department/The MATC Recruit Academy/The Mental Health Resource Team/The Green County Sheriff's Office/The Columbia County Sheriff's Office/The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources/The Maple Bluff Police Department/Special Agents of the FBI/Retired Officer Advisory Resource (ROAR)/The Mount Horeb Police Department/The Town of Madison Police Department/The Wisconsin State Patrol/Dane County Emergency Management/The Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation/The Oregon Fire Department/The Verona Fire Department/The Dane County Coroner's Office/The Emergency Clinic for Animals/The Portage County Sheriff's Office/The State Crime Lab.
According to a court order sought by Dane County Chief Medical Examiner Vincent Tranchida, and signed Wednesday by Dane County Circuit Judge Ellen Berz, the manner of death on Nolan’s death certificate was listed as “pending.”

But her death certificate will now read that she died from “homicidal violence,” “including blunt force trauma of torso with fractures.”
The time, date and place of the injuries that caused her death are all still listed as “unknown,” and a description of the event is listed as “assaulted by other(s).”

Ok if DNA does not link MN then I still stand by my theory.

IMO

Living in MSN in 2007 there was alot more police presence on the street and on foot vs in vehicles. University Ave and State Street were heavy foot traffic areas and lots of people. As you walked further away, like towards apartments if this did happen the way I think it might have, there would have been drastically fewer people out milling around.

With 16+ LE agencies on site and death caused by homicidal violence, IMO, I think it was a little more than the disposal of a body after an accident. There would have been a lot of blood with those type injuries and I can't see anyone transporting a body in their vehicle in that condition and then committing another crime at the site where she was discovered. But, I could be wrong.

I’ve thought about what the 2nd crime could be … I wonder if it could be something involving moving,mistreating, improper disposal of human remains?

Last edited:
I’ve thought about the 2nd crime a lot… I wonder if it could be something involving moving,mistreating, improper disposal of human remains.
It appears the homicidal violence is what killed her at the site and she may have been taken there alive. If they could determine she was dead from a distance it must have been something pretty horrible and obvious. Having all those random LE agencies there, including the FBI special agents, tells me those LE agencies had similar crimes in their jurisdictions and that it was a murder done by a suspected serial killer and, like you mentioned, may have involved 'mistreating' human remains (something obvious from a distance).

"they could determine from a distance that the victim obviously was slain and she died from homicidal violence"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back