Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you notice that the moving companies & junk removal seem to be in Texas, Florida and United Kingdom? A tad strange for someone who lives in Alberta...

I didn't notice that! That is very strange.

I am a newbie and this is my first post. Hope I am posting correctly. This has a staged feeling to it. The fact that the move was so imminent, 3 days of selling off personal belongings and (only one) grandson comes for a sleepover..... KL tells a neighbour going to Texas and Mexico yet just moving up the drag to Edmonton. AL's brother phones Monday morning, gets no answer so goes over...... JO finds no-one home so calls LE. Was she able to enter the residence to determine something was amiss? LE stating "less of a mystery" ..... Just so many things stand out as being "off". My instincts tell me no outsiders involved. Hope I am wrong and regardless, hope they are all safe.

From the videos, Police host mass witness interviews and Police tight-lipped as tips come in

-I feel terrible seeing all those plain clothed police officers sitting at empty tables waiting for a witness. There were very, very few people who came forward

-LE has towed Alvin's truck from the home to analyze

-LE is waiting for forensics to come back

Feeling like this is roller coaster, and staring at the pictures of those poor people, especially little Nathan, breaks my heart

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/calgar...sing-boy-grandparents-1.1897614#ixzz36RPptwof

I am a newbie and this is my first post. Hope I am posting correctly. This has a staged feeling to it. The fact that the move was so imminent, 3 days of selling off personal belongings and (only one) grandson comes for a sleepover..... KL tells a neighbour going to Texas and Mexico yet just moving up the drag to Edmonton. AL's brother phones Monday morning, gets no answer so goes over...... JO finds no-one home so calls LE. Was she able to enter the residence to determine something was amiss? LE stating "less of a mystery" ..... Just so many things stand out as being "off". My instincts tell me no outsiders involved. Hope I am wrong and regardless, hope they are all safe.

:welcome: I agree. Something does feel very off. Jmo

From the videos, Police host mass witness interviews and Police tight-lipped as tips come in

-I feel terrible seeing all those plain clothed police officers sitting at empty tables waiting for a witness. There were very, very few people who came forward

-LE has towed Alvin's truck from the home to analyse

Feeling like this is roller coaster, and staring at the pictures of those poor people, especially little Nathan, breaks my heart

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/calgar...sing-boy-grandparents-1.1897614#ixzz36RPptwof

Agreed on the police officers, but it only takes one match to set off a wild fire. I hope they get what they need and soon.

I am curious what they are looking at with the truck and what forensics they are waiting on.

I still say that they know what is going on to some degree...

-LE has towed Alvin's truck from the home to analyse

BBM - I agree. I hope that it was just because it was during working hours, hopefully this evening is more of a success... If it were me, and I had attended this sale, I would be there in a heart beat, giving whatever info I could...

Does anyone know if when JO went to pick up N, did she go there alone? I wonder where the other two boys were?

Does the oldest boy (L) live with the O's?

I would also like to say that the woman that stated that all of their things were old and of no use to her was very disrespectful. Why would she have stated this?

Did you notice that the moving companies & junk removal seem to be in Texas, Florida and United Kingdom? A tad strange for someone who lives in Alberta...

KL seems to be in the website design and marketing field...in fact in their kijiji ads she is selling one of the websites I assume she will create for someone...

She specifically had it advertised towards moving companies...I'm assuming again that a company or companies contacted her through kijiji...possibly interested in the website being done for them & then became 'friends' on facebook...

I've not been involved in marketing & selling websites and/or domains...but have designed them and am knowledgable in creating them and how it 'works' when the marketing end comes into it...

A person who is 'marketing' websites and/or designing to sell websites...will purchase domains....use a template to show 'how' the website can be designed for each individual business that could possibly want to purchase that site and have it customized for them...

I'm assuming this is what she was in the business of...as she has so many links to so many different domains with all different types of business...ie...if you want to have a website for your flower shop...plumbing service...landscaping service....she would sell you the domain ...customize and create your website for you....& in some instances teach you how to use it...how to pull more hits in...etc....I believe I saw the price of around *I could be off by a few $* $1000 including a training session etc....

So it may appear that she has all these business interests but she is actually doing one....internet webdesign and marketing....but she is showing 'previews' or 'samples' of what she can do for the potential customer ie...florist...plumber...movers....*those are just examples*...

As we all know in the world wide web ...we can be anywhere in the world and have a business...so even if they moved she could still be doing this type of work...as well as have customers really from anywhere in the world as well.....

Hope that explains the 'internet presence & marketing' aspect of this case...at least IMO what it appears to be....She's designing...selling and helping set up people's websites & the numerous links are to her 'samples' ....

I'm assuming from the kijiji ad ...which showed a moving company template...she maybe got some interest for it from potential customers...and they friended on facebook....Just my opinion.... :)

Keep in mind authorities worked with detectives in Mexico in the Mcstay case too. They have to cover all their bases. Not saying to dismiss it, just keep it in mind. They may have a reason to do so, but no real proof, ya know?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Mexican police worked with Canadian police on the Maryk abduction too. Took a long time though.

Agreed on the police officers, but it only takes one match to set off a wild fire. I hope they get what they need and soon.

I am curious what they are looking at with the truck and what forensics they are waiting on.

I still say that they know what is going on to some degree...

Exactly.

Why would LE need to take Alvin's truck?

Why would LE need to take Alvin's truck TODAY?

It breaks my heart that these three haven't been found. Nathan is such a little cutie, and he just looks so happy and playful in every picture I see. I really feel for his parents, I can't even imagine what they're going through.

This case has really shaken me. I just don't understand what could have happened, so much of this doesn't make any sense, and I can't seem to make any theory really 'stick'.

Agreed. I travel all the time and have never been asked for a letter. My parents and sister take my kids all the time and have never been asked for a letter. We stopped writing it. They can call me if they need it.

I have been asked for a letter upon return to Canada....LOL

Exactly.

Why would LE need to take Alvin's truck?

Why would LE need to take Alvin's truck TODAY?

I am wondering if the truck was taken after LE watched the video from the neighbours and near by business. I am wondering if it was used to transport the three and then returned.

I think if I ran a most-frequently used word tally on these two threads, after we eliminated Fry's First 100, we'd end up with "weird", "odd", "interesting" and "strange." Really - the adults' work histories, the estate sale, the move, Mexico, the internet presence, the irony of the "come on in" sign up the night they disappear, the bankruptcies, I could go on and on ... it's all so, well, hard to disregard.

I have watched it. Can you explain what you are seeing or noticing?

What I got from it was the LE dude frequently being asked if they had any suspects and he'd counter these questions with the response (paraphrasing) "we have no suspects that can be named." One of the reporters tried to push him on this response, asking if this meant was he was really saying as they "do" have suspects and he just basically stated he can't say anything that will compromise the investigation but they have received new info (from all sources: CCTV of neighbors/local business, public tips, etc) that have 'allowed them to move forward with the investigation.'

IMO, they have a perp or perps in their sights.

From the video named in the screenshot, is the purple stuff a luminol spray, or a fingerprinting spray.

It is all over the that box on the side of the garage, and it is all over the garage door as well, I will post another picture.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• purple-spray.jpg
    purple-spray.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 261
  • purple-spray-2.jpg
    purple-spray-2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 253
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online