Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 7 kids and when they were 6 yrs old, not one of them slept in their day clothes, ever. Pajamas, teeth brushed, the whole bed-time routine for little kids. But my parenting style is WAY different from the Wright's.

Possible explainations as to why she was found near her shorts (and not pajamas)

1. she never made it home Saturday night and they were the same shorts she had on that day
2. she slept in her shorts & got up super early the next morning and left the home
3. she was dressed for bed the night before but got up and dressed herself in shorts before leaving the home

Unless LE reveals that info, I don't think we'll ever know. But my hunch is on #1.
way back in the beginning of this there was talk about going to burger king and JPW showing up in pics on another kid's phone that night. Something about that whole sequence of events niggles at me that maybe she didn't go home that night (and I really, really want to believe that she was indeed seen in her own bed at 10pm)

I understand what you mean. He catches a bit of flack at 4 years old when he wears his rainbow dash shirt. I border on steering him towards something others may seem appropriate or simply letting him be who he is. Sorry. I'm going to take this as a need for sleep and rest. I wish people like GG were easier to read, so we could prevent these horrible things from happening. [emoji20]

Not to get too far off topic but... IMO - let him be who he is! Rainbow Dash is awesome. My girl loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Dinosaur Train as much as she loves MLP and "her disney girls." I let her watch whatever she wants (age appropriate, obviously) and encourage her to not care about whether it is geared towards boys or girls. I don't like gender stereotyping. I want her to figure out who SHE is not what society and advertisers want her to be.

This reminds me of her love of Diego and his baby jaguar friend. She loved that jaguar so much when she first potty trained. I was taking a short cut through Target and she saw a package of boys chonies with the characters from that show on it. She desperately wanted these boy undies because the jaguar was on them. I bought them after explaining that they were going to be made different than her undies because boy bodies are made different than girl bodies. So they go home with us and get washed. She put the first pair on, realized they had the flap in the front and said, "Oh no! Someone ripped my Diego undies!" I reminded her that they were made different because boy bodies are different than girl bodies and I offered to sew the flap shut. She said, "No! Its like cool air for my bum!"

So yeah, let him be him. :) Sorry to get off topic!

that daily mail article says a wooden mallet was found, is that the first mention of it? i dont recall it being in the PC statement.

misprint/misinformation it was a wooden pallet in the court documents. the body was found under.

Warning - graphic!

I don't know about the antidepressants but yes, I noticed the overkill too. Multiple head fractures and strangulation. That's more than trying to stop her from screaming - the word "rage" comes to mind. Also, I have questions about her underpants and shorts having evidence in them yet they were found away from her body and not on her.

I wonder if he dropped the clothing items while leaving and didn't realize it until he got home. That's the only logical reason I can think of for them being where they were.

Sunday, August 3, (21:53 hours) - 911 call came in - LE arrived at residence 22:34
Jenise's father, JW, told LE that he last saw Jenise in bed at 22:00 hours on August 2.
According to JW, on August 3 at 07:00 hours, Jenise was not at home.
Even though unusual for her to go out so early in the morning, JW figured she left the house to play.
At 20:30 hours (8:30 p.m.), J's siblings began looking around the neighborhood and knocking on doors to find Jenise.
After another hour and twenty-three minutes had passed, someone dialed 911 to report Jenise missing.

Monday, August 4 - LE went to GG's residence and found him at home with his mother and stepfather.
They explained that GG was too upset at the moment to really speak to LE or to give a DNA sample.
Mother asked LE to come back later.
GG's stepfather told LE that GG was home all weekend.

The search and rescue team found a pair of little girl's underwear (size 5) while searching the southeast perimeter of the Steele Creek mobile home park along with a pair of young girl's shorts.
Both had red stains on them. A quick test confirmed the stains were blood.

Wednesday, August 6 - The crime lab confirmed the blood was Jenise's and collected semen from the underwear as well.

Thursday, August 7 - At 11:00 hours, a body of a deceased child was discovered 15 to 20 feet away from where Jenise's shorts were found.
The body was almost entirely submerged in mud bog adjacent to the trailer park.
The mud was three to four feet deep.
There was a small pallet on top of the mud and a strap* was discovered there too
(*belonging to some kind of nylon bag, duffle, suitcase or laptop bag).

Friday, August 8 - The body was identified and confirmed to be Jenise.
She suffered blunt force trauma causing multiple skull fractures, vaginal tearing and genital trauma, signs of strangulation by ligature.
Lividity on the abdominal area and back indicate her body was moved 1/2 to 3 hours after death.

LE returned to GG's residence and collected his DNA sample.
GG was emotionally upset and could hardly get out of bed.
GG leaned up against a wall while LE was there.
GG's mother mentioned to LE that GG displayed similar behavior when her sister, GG's aunt, died.
LE noted the residence is two mobile homes west of the wooded trail access to where Jenise's body had been found.

Saturday, August 9 - Washington State Patrol Crime Lab made a DNA match to a male profile from the stain found on the front of the underwear.

The same day, blood stained underwear, blood and mud stained shirt and blood stained shorts and bloody towel were all found in GG's bedroom.

GG was arrested and brought to the jail at 14:50 on Saturday.

Sunday, August 10 - GG was jailed at 12:30 a.m.
Charged with two counts of murder in the first degree and one count of rape of a child in the first degree*

Probable Cause Statement*
https://tribkcpq.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/gaeta_gabriel_141007866_prelim.pdf

You are awesome Woe.be.gone. :loveyou:

Thank you so much!

Once again I had to skip a couple pages so I can finally get a post written before the thread is closed. Sorry if nothing I say fits in with what's being discussed. SORRY, POSSIBLY TOO GRAPHIC!

I wanted to start by just saying the scenario that keeps popping into my head. I see her getting up early, getting dressed and leaving the house; I haven't decided yet if it was planned the night before or if she just ran into him outside (maybe on his way home to sleep off a long night of partying). Anyway, he asks her to go pick wild blackberries with him, and she's more than happy to do it. She'd get to spend time with one of the big kids and could surprise her parents with a treat for breakfast.

I think it is possible that he had done some touching before, and he assumed it was safe to try more since she never told anybody. When he took off her shorts and panties, he put her on the ground on top of them. When she started screaming in pain, saying she was going to tell on him and bleeding all over, he grabbed the belt/strap (whatever it was they said they found with her) and wrapped it around her neck. When she didn't stop fighting soon enough, he also slammed her head into the ground a few times. Once she stopped breathing, he through her into the spot where she was found, threw the pallet on top of her thinking it would cover her up and/or make her sink faster and farther, and threw the "murder weapon" on it as an after thought. He may have thought he heard someone coming, or someone may have called his name, or he was just too out of it to think about it, but he left without grabbing her clothes. If he had planned it out (very poorly), he may have taken off his shoes and socks before getting to the mud and had an extra set of clothes with him to change into before going home.

that daily mail article says a wooden mallet was found, is that the first mention of it? i dont recall it being in the PC statement.

Probably a typo. Pallet -- Mallet

Media :gaah: Proofread for goodness sake!

Pallet perhaps a spelling mistake?

"Searchers found a small wood pallet over the body, and also located a nylon duffel bag on top of the pallet."

ETA: the first time I read this article I could have sworn it said MALLET. I think they fixed their typo. Maybe they read here? :wave:

I'm going to lock up for the night here, in about 5 minutes.

Everybody get your last posts in and make sure they are within TOS :)

Salem

All summer long here! Sometimes for days on end.
I would hope the older boys slept in a family room or den!

All posts are MOO

The family lived in a single wide trailer and all of the kids shared the same bedroom.

I had more sleepovers after the age of 15 than I ever did as a little kid. My best friend lived right across the road and my other close friends lived within walking distance. My mom was reluctant to let me sleep over when I was younger. I don't think this is weird. Except for the fact that the brother didn't have a bedroom of his own for his friends to be sleeping over in.

It's totally different to me, for teen girls to sleep over at their teen girlfriend's homes......but it's odd to me for teen boys to do it, particularly when they live a stone's throw from one another, the friend lives in a single wide mobile home with way too many people living in it, and only 2 bedrooms for all the kids and the parents. When I was a teen, boys didn't have to sleep over because they were generally allowed to stay out later and hang with their buddies than girl were allowed...obviously for safety reasons.

Once again I had to skip a couple pages so I can finally get a post written before the thread is closed. Sorry if nothing I say fits in with what's being discussed. SORRY, POSSIBLY TOO GRAPHIC!

I wanted to start by just saying the scenario that keeps popping into my head. I see her getting up early, getting dressed and leaving the house; I haven't decided yet if it was planned the night before or if she just ran into him outside (maybe on his way home to sleep off a long night of partying). Anyway, he asks her to go pick wild blackberries with him, and she's more than happy to do it. She'd get to spend time with one of the big kids and could surprise her parents with a treat for breakfast.

I think it is possible that he had done some touching before, and he assumed it was safe to try more since she never told anybody. When he took off her shorts and panties, he put her on the ground on top of them. When she started screaming in pain, saying she was going to tell on him and bleeding all over, he grabbed the belt/strap (whatever it was they said they found with her) and wrapped it around her neck. When she didn't stop fighting soon enough, he also slammed her head into the ground a few times. Once she stopped breathing, he through her into the spot where she was found, threw the pallet on top of her thinking it would cover her up and/or make her sink faster and farther, and threw the "murder weapon" on it as an after thought. He may have thought he heard someone coming, or someone may have called his name, or he was just too out of it to think about it, but he left without grabbing her clothes. If he had planned it out (very poorly), he may have taken off his shoes and socks before getting to the mud and had an extra set of clothes with him to change into before going home.

I agree with most of the above scenario. But I can't see him doing that in daylight out in that field. There are trails that crisscross that kids use to walk to the bus stop. And there is a homeless camp nearby.

I think it is more likely he took her to his van or to his home if his parents were away. jmo

While I really understand the need to not believe this was some sick monster thing that happened, her being strangled and her head beat in….let's just say the overkill here indicates to me something sociopathic or psychopathic, not a case of "oops, now what do I do?" and his over the top behavior with the crying and then focusing on a spot so as not to give away what what going on in his head…all indications to me there was nothing close to accidental.

Some sick perverse pleasure or flat out rage. But his emotional show does not "fit." All MOO.

IMO: He's definitely got some sort of mental illness or personality disorder or something! Make no mistake that I think this IS a sick monster thing he did. But that doesn't mean he had to plan to kill her for him to actually do so in the manner that he did. Assuming he was grooming her all along, IMO he didn't go into this with the intention of killing her, but once he felt he had no choice but to kill her to hide that he raped her, he did it purposefully and there was definite overkill. I believe he went into a rage after he saw the damage caused by the rape because he knew there was no way to get out of this, his life was over, and he saw that as her fault. I would be willing to bet he feels like he is the victim in all of this: it was her fault he was attracted to her, her fault she bled, her fault that this would ruin his life, and I think all of that translated into GG going into a complete rage. It just seems to be such a sloppy crime scene, didn't even think about where he'd dispose of evidence, etc. I can't imagine he planned it to go down the way it did.

If he wasn't grooming her, I think he very likely could have planned all of it and thankfully he did a terrible job of hiding what he did.

All MOOOOO

Ontario mom - I didn't note the fact / implications of that she was found near her shorts...and NOT her pajamas.

Sometimes I go to bed in bed shorts and a t-shirt not "pj's" iykwim....but children... SMH... does anyone here have children that they put to bed in the clothes they wore that day and not pj's at the age she was?

My daughter likes to wear outgrown shorts and shirts to bed. The short knit fabric ones that they wear under skirts - at some point they are too short for miss long legs to wear to school or in public but fine for sleeping. Also, I have a thing against character shirts. I know it's stupid, but when her cousins have bought her shirts with frozen or whatever on it - I have her wear those to sleep in because I just don't like them.
My boys sleep in their little boxer briefs or mis matched Jammie's since they like to dress themselves. Star Wars pants with a Spider-Man top? Go for it.

See you all in the morning. This will give everybody time to catch up :)

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member