Found Deceased WA - Jenise Wright, 6, Bremerton, 2 Aug 2014 - #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped by me

A few questions: his parents confirmed he was home, but were they?
(snipped by me)

?

When a parent is put on the spot days later about kid being home ''all weekend'' I think the shock of the whole recall of household events by rote might be difficult. How many of us have been home all weekend but forget the times we left for a bit to do shopping etc. or just do yard work or go to Lowes?

Not saying it's intentional kwim?

Can you point me to the video?

Me either. Once I read how he switched his emotions on and off at the police station, that was it for me.

I've seen multiple stats today that indicate that. Especially when it comes to juveniles. However, it is not a fact that most children who are abused become offenders of some kind. That's untrue.

Nope.

The juvenile homicide arrest rate fell another 14% in 2012, which is 43% lower than in 1960. http://www.eji.org/node/825

Research and
Evaluation B I T S
Violent Youth Crime in U.S. Falls to New 32-Year Low
by Jeffrey A. Butts

According to new national arrest estimates calculated from data reported by the Federal Bureau of Investigation
(FBI), law enforcement agencies across the United States made slightly more than 60,000 violent crime arrests
involving youth under age 18 in 2012.

The FBI measures violent crime trends using the four offenses of murder, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated
assault. The number of youth arrests for all four offenses in 2012 represented a decline of 10 percent compared with
2011, and it contributed to an overall drop of 36 percent since 2003. During the same period, violent crime arrests
involving offenders age 18 and older fell just 9 percent.

Between 2003 and 2012, the estimated number of youth arrests for murder fell 37 percent, while forcible rape
arrests declined 36 percent, robbery arrests dipped 20 percent, and youth arrests for aggravated assault dropped
nearly 43 percent. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=twShwNAanvewGhVibnZxww&bvm=bv.72938740,d.cGU

[h=1]Youth Violence: National Statistics[/h]

[h=3]Violent Crime Arrest Rates Among Persons Ages 10-24 Years, by Sex and Year, United States, 1995–2011[/h]
vca_sex_10-24-1995-2011_600w318h.gif

For persons ages 10 to 24 years, violent crime arrest rates were higher for males than for females from 1995-2011. For males ages 10 to 24 years, violent crime arrest rates declined from 850.8 arrests per 100,000 population in 1995 to 423.1 arrests per 100,000 in 2011. For females ages 10 to 24 years, violent crime arrest rates declined from 139.6 arrests per 100,000 in 1995 to 99.7 arrests per 100,000 in 2011. http://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/youthviolence/stats_at-a_glance/vca_temp-trends.html

According to data released by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, juvenile arrests for violent crimes (murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault) declined 29% between 2006 and 2011 (Juvenile Arrests 2011, December 2013). The number of juvenile court cases involving violent offenses fell 8% between 2008 and 2009 (Juvenile Court Statistics, 2009, July 2012) and 8% between 2009 and 2010 (Juvenile Court Statistics, 2010, June 2013).https://www.ncjrs.gov/yviolence/

Yes, 2013 is not included in the stats, but there is no indication that crime rates in 2013 have drastically increased for juveniles.

Thanks for posting these; maybe I am somehow personally jaded or something because of ARS, but honestly, there have been so many cases I have seen here first hand (could compile a long list) involving young adult males since I have been a member here at WS since I was brought here via Jessica in 2012.

Respectfully, I can't help but wonder if there are alternate studies which have different results, or maybe there hasn't been a recent or updated study conducted yet to reflect 2013, the year in which there seemed to be many crimes committed by older juveniles, hence my concern about a possible increase in the age group of 17-22 year olds.

jmo :)

I guess my main point here re: 17 year old males, is my concern re: their hormonal / testosterone changes, etc., mixed with violent video games, and other possible biological and environmental factors, and how these factors might play a role, if applicable. (Kind of like how we've seen an increase in autism...what is the reason, if there is indeed an increase?)

I read that the COD was blunt force trauma to the head. Also why use a ligature to strangle her when he could use any of his wrestling moves to do the same? JMO I think he was just cruel and it may have played a part in the whole thing i.e. he got pleasure out of it.
***Warning: Graphic***
Where did you read this? I have been searching for it. I have only found the Certificate of Probable Cause and it says "There was evidence of blunt force trauma to the head, resulting in multiple skull fractures, evidence of sexual assault (pre-mortem vaginal tearing and genital trauma), and evidence of strangulation by ligature." It did not have cause of death. Is there a coroner's report somewhere that I missed? TIA.

Respectfully, this is not rare. We see young adults in the center of crimes like this all the time. That's why a "17 year male" was #1 on my list as a suspect, without me knowing anything about Jenise's brother's friends, her hanging out with teenagers, etc.

Taking into consideration all the people in the world, it is rare but not unheard of. Of course, on WS, we hear about all of the crimes against children that come to light. Unfortunately, I bet many don't, especially ones that don't involve murder.

I just adore that picture of her Schmae.

Thanks for posting.

I do too, and it's the one I used when I blogged about this and asked my readers to let those sparkling eyes and great big smile burn a place in their hearts. GG didn't get a picture in the post. He doesn't deserve one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500