Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

cami said:
aaaaaahahahahaha no the baby boomers are not exclusive to the US....Canadian baby boomers abound. 1945-1950 were very fertile years for Canada as well. Yeah I might be a old in years but that's all....
I truly did love Kurt Cobain, what a sad man, he never really seemed comfortable being in this world, but I can't really say I like grunge, just Nirvana.
So your boys had overflowing seed as well There'd be no grunge without Nirvana, but I know what you mean. I don't think he was comfortable in his world either. I hope he is happy now wherever he is. His angst wasn't all for nought though. It changed rock history and that will never go away.

So, Beesy, are you watching Rock Star Supernova?

Goody said:
So, Beesy, are you watching Rock Star Supernova?

Not Beesy, but we LOVED IT!!! The chick with all the metal in her face was awesome, but she scared my son and I. :eek: :eek:

Jeana (DP) said:
Not Beesy, but we LOVED IT!!! The chick with all the metal in her face was awesome, but she scared my son and I. :eek: :eek:
Well, she at least looked like she would fit right in with Tommy Lee's band. Hahahahah. I think I only spotted two of them I thought would be a good match. I was a little disappointed though. I didn't think the quality in the voices was anywhere near as good as last year's. But it has just started. How much you want to bet the guy who sang Roxanne gets the ax first??? LOL!

Kitty5001 said:
Read the attached document for reconsideration of denied motion to test DNA filed 3 months ago-found at the link below-I know some of this is old but there are some new peices of evidence that I have never seen before and are not mentioned in any of the transcripts etc. references to facial hair found at the scene etc. interesting.

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Legal/Habeas/Reconsid.pdfhttp://www.fordarlieroutier.org/Legal/Habeas/Reconsid.pdf

Grasping at straws don't you think? If Darlie plucked facial hair from an intruder wouldn't she have some of his dna under her nails? Hair like this is useless really but I don't fault them for trying to test it. I'm still reminded of MacDonald who swore for thirty years the hair clutched in his wife's hand belonged to her killer. How right he was, dna results released this March prove the hair is his. It too was facial hair. We all drop hair daily and we all have unsourced hair in our homes, it comes in via many ways.

Review the following link:

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/pdf/order_granting_stay_and_abey%5B1%5D.pdf

Just yesterday the court papers were signed indicating that they would allow the order to test the DNA with the new updated testing availale today and that her sentence is going to be stayed until this is completed. Maybe now once they proove or disproove there will be no more questions and it will either seal her fate or show that she is innocent. Finally some answers coming.

Kitty5001 said:
Review the following link:

http://www.justicefordarlie.net/pdf/order_granting_stay_and_abey%5B1%5D.pdf

Just yesterday the court papers were signed indicating that they would allow the order to test the DNA with the new updated testing availale today and that her sentence is going to be stayed until this is completed. Maybe now once they proove or disproove there will be no more questions and it will either seal her fate or show that she is innocent. Finally some answers coming.

Holy dogpoop Batman!Nice work Kitty.I think this means she will be eligable for some federal funding as she beat the deadline.It reads as though this court was not happy about the 3 year delay by the state of Texas and states it is not clear when, if ever TX. will rule on this matter.Does anyone know where she goes now?I assume she will be transfered back to DR.I and several others think this is the nail in the coffin for dear Darlie,I think Goody once said "be careful what you wish for Darlie."

Jimthecarpetguy said:
Holy dogpoop Batman!Nice work Kitty.I think this means she will be eligable for some federal funding as she beat the deadline.It reads as though this court was not happy about the 3 year delay by the state of Texas and states it is not clear when, if ever TX. will rule on this matter.Does anyone know where she goes now?I assume she will be transfered back to DR.I and several others think this is the nail in the coffin for dear Darlie,I think Goody once said "be careful what you wish for Darlie."

What this basically means is that until the lower courts RULE on her motion to have the evidence tested (and that decision is upheld), she's not at risk of being executed. Once the lower court deals with the issues raised in this new document then those determinations, along with the other issues in other documents already on file, will go before the appellate courts asking that they either uphold those decisions or they overturn them. Until that happens, she's basically on hold. Nothing will go forward. I think this is a good thing. She should use every opportunity the justice system affords her. After all, the state is looking to execute her. I think she should be allowed those avenues that she's granted by the courts.

According to Darlies website in her habeas corpus petition Ms. Routier set out a variety of facts suggesting that Darin Routier was responsible for the murders and the assault,by acting alone or hiring another person to commit the crime.
I never look at this site but wanted to see if they were doing victory laps over yesterdays ruling.Is this new?It's the first time I've ever heard her defense using Darin as the perp.I assume some of the dna testing is going to be done on his jeans and the outcome might FINALLY show his involvement.

Jimthecarpetguy said:
According to Darlies website in her habeas corpus petition Ms. Routier set out a variety of facts suggesting that Darin Routier was responsible for the murders and the assault,by acting alone or hiring another person to commit the crime.
I never look at this site but wanted to see if they were doing victory laps over yesterdays ruling.Is this new?It's the first time I've ever heard her defense using Darin as the perp.I assume some of the dna testing is going to be done on his jeans and the outcome might FINALLY show his involvement.

That's not new. Its their basis for asking that the DNA that they claim is evidence of innocence of Darlie be tested again using today's updated technology. I would think that her camp is doing victory laps over yesterday's ruling. Its a big step for her as it effectively removes her from being eligible for execution at this time.

Jeana (DP) said:
That's not new. Its their basis for asking that the DNA that they claim is evidence of innocence of Darlie be tested again using today's updated technology. I would think that her camp is doing victory laps over yesterday's ruling. Its a big step for her as it effectively removes her from being eligible for execution at this time.
Years ago I hired this really slick lawyer to get me out of a tight one,we won the motion but when our appeal didn't cut the mustard w/the judge the prosecutors totally hammered me in what I deemed retribution for wasting the courts time.I think Darlie is going to be looking at the same scenario unless this testing has some real value.JMO.

Jimthecarpetguy said:
Years ago I hired this really slick lawyer to get me out of a tight one,we won the motion but when our appeal didn't cut the mustard w/the judge the prosecutors totally hammered me in what I deemed retribution for wasting the courts time.I think Darlie is going to be looking at the same scenario unless this testing has some real value.JMO.

What are they going to do to her, execute her? No, seriously, I shouldn't joke about stuff like that. As a defendant in this country, she's entitled to use the system. Since there is new DNA technology available, everything that CAN be done to ensure that the right person is being executed SHOULD be done. After all, if they execute too many innocent individuals, or even come close to it, they'll finally do away with the death penalty. And, while I don't do flips over the thought of executing people, I think the penalty is necessary and should remain. The only way is to be sure that we only execute those who are guilty.

Jeana (DP) said:
What are they going to do to her, execute her? No, seriously, I shouldn't joke about stuff like that. As a defendant in this country, she's entitled to use the system. Since there is new DNA technology available, everything that CAN be done to ensure that the right person is being executed SHOULD be done. After all, if they execute too many innocent individuals, or even come close to it, they'll finally do away with the death penalty. And, while I don't do flips over the thought of executing people, I think the penalty is necessary and should remain. The only way is to be sure that we only execute those who are guilty.
LOL Good point!I always thought that if the law of the land is the DP then let's get it on!If this testing erases the reasonable doubt I hope Texas will set a date for her destiny and put this one in the books.I am hoping it shines some light on Darins involvement so he can get a cozy little 8x10 himself.I'm not talking wedding pics.

Jimthecarpetguy said:
LOL Good point!I always thought that if the law of the land is the DP then let's get it on!If this testing erases the reasonable doubt I hope Texas will set a date for her destiny and put this one in the books.I am hoping it shines some light on Darins involvement so he can get a cozy little 8x10 himself.I'm not talking wedding pics.

Amen darlin. Unfortunately, for some, it won't ever be enough, but at least those in charge of signing that death warrant can be at ease that everything that was done has been done.

Jimthecarpetguy said:
I am hoping it shines some light on Darins involvement so he can get a cozy little 8x10 himself.I'm not talking wedding pics.
LOL. If he is involved I hope this does indeed reveal that involvement. Of course if there was an elusive intruder, I do hope that is shown, but I would bet that the only evidence that is found is going to show more of the same-Darlie is guilty. I'll never forget all the hoopla about the bloody fingerprint that was going to prove someone else was the guilty party.

Jimthecarpetguy said:
LOL Good point!I always thought that if the law of the land is the DP then let's get it on!If this testing erases the reasonable doubt I hope Texas will set a date for her destiny and put this one in the books.I am hoping it shines some light on Darins involvement so he can get a cozy little 8x10 himself.I'm not talking wedding pics.[/QUOTE
I could not stop myself from laughing at the 8x10 comment

I am new to this site. Wow! so much info here I am more confused than I was on her guilt or innocence. I have been following this case for years. I wonder inf anyone knows if the family has ever brought in a Psychic to help with the case? I know this is controversial but has has been used in crime cases in the past. Also does anyone know where the video of Darlie's documentary "waiting for a miracle" can be found? Thanks!
Silentrose~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back