Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Map LoriMca , thanks , (sorry) my comment was actually for someone earlier who wondered why she did not take the direct route to the store.

The one you provided is excellent and helps folks picture the area and alternate routes..

i do know that the neighbourhood behind Concordia Hospital is not what it once was. It's been a number of years since I've had reason to drive down Treger Bay. When I did it struck me that it was rundown from how I'd remembered it.
There is a Manitoba Housing complex a block or two west from Molsen as well as rentals. 7am is a perfectly good time to return home for some and with the warm weather, some partying can also be happening outdoors.
The hospital itself might attract a wide demographic including staff coming and going. It's surprising no one remembers seeing her.

Great Map LoriMca , thanks , (sorry) my comment was actually for someone earlier who wondered why she did not take the direct route to the store.

The one you provided is excellent and helps folks picture the area and alternate routes..

No worries and no sorries needed Arnie....we're all just here to try to help/sleuth/pick brains....so all input is great in any measure I think! & it is certainly true...we don't know her route...her plan...I sure wish we did... :/
It will be a week on Saturday....it's all such a mystery...
I can't believe she wasn't seen after that initial security cam in the neighbourhood...
That frightens me...

My neighbourhood...actually as the crow flies west from Thelma's...is not nearly as 'nice' a neighbourhood....and I go walking for long stretches...quite often...in the daytime. But ONLY where I'm familiar and where it is known to be 'okay'. 10 years ago...I didn't have to worry about where it was 'okay'.

What used to be considered fairly 'safe' around here....now...it isn't.
We've lived here at the same house for 11 years...and what a change in that time.
I used to feel safe walking even after dark down to the 7-11 for a Slurpee on hot summer nights....I won't now. That is a sad and scary thing.

i do know that the neighbourhood behind Concordia Hospital is not what it once was. It's been a number of years since I've had reason to drive down Treger Bay. When I did it struck me that it was rundown from how I'd remembered it.
There is a Manitoba Housing complex a block or two west from Molsen as well as rentals. 7am is a perfectly good time to return home for some and with the warm weather, some partying can also be happening outdoors.
The hospital itself might attract a wide demographic including staff coming and going. It's surprising no one remembers seeing her.

You are so right about behind Concordia..it had a lot of duplexes built I think in the 60s/70s...but being relatively new...they had gotten quite dilapidated...there are quite a few getting reno'ed now...maybe that will help...I don't know.

I'm more towards Henderson...Munroe West & Miles Mac Collegiate...there are a lot fixing up older houses but for a while...it was getting really ragged...there are quite a few that still are in need of work...and I don't know how to describe it...it doesn't feel 'comfy' in the neighbourhood so much...maybe I'm paranoid but then something like this happens...

I also wonder why she wasn't seen after that security tape *sorry...security cam...I need to get myself out of the vcr era...I'm dating myself! ;) * ....really surprised....

To get to VGCC out of Harbourview...she had to cross at least one major street...there's no other way over there...how could she not be seen...at all?

It bothers me that they found her glasses. All the media photos have her wearing them and if they're not on her...

To get to VGCC out of Harbourview...she had to cross at least one major street...there's no other way over there...how could she not be seen...at all?

Maybe she was never there. :(

Maybe someone tossed her glasses out of their vehicle. Is the location of her glasses enroute to somewhere outside the city? Is there another explanation for where her glasses were found?

Thelma Krull's daughter says reports the Homicide Unit has taken over the search for her mother are not true. #cbcmb

by Caroline Barghout via twitter on ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at ‎2‎:‎33‎:‎33‎ ‎PM

Well, is it true, or not?

What used to be considered fairly 'safe' around here....now...it isn't.
We've lived here at the same house for 11 years...and what a change in that time.
I used to feel safe walking even after dark down to the 7-11 for a Slurpee on hot summer nights....I won't now. That is a sad and scary thing.

Sad for sure. I grew up in Wpg, back when it was a different place. I used to walk 4-5 blocks each day, alone, to kindergarten (what were parents thinking back then! LOL).......a little 5 yr old! I do recall, however, one time walking home (we lived on Lorette Ave) down the back alley with my little fried, same age (5) and a man in a car pulling up and offering us candy if we went for a ride with him. we ran as fast as our little legs could carry us. we were lucky. But times were sure different then. That would have been in 1972 lol. OMG time flies. remember staying over at my grandparents and walking to the local convenience store for a pop with my aunt (who'd have been about 15)....and grandparents lived in a more poor area.............and we were always safe, nobody ever worried. Glad my family moved out of Wpg in the late 70s.

Maybe someone tossed her glasses out of their vehicle. Is the location of her glasses enroute to somewhere outside the city? Is there another explanation for where her glasses were found?

It occurred to me as a possibility that they were dropped there by someone else, it was several days after she went missing that they were found. I wonder if there are any clues that would show whether they lay there for 3 days.

At the press conference, the officer said " “There were people playing tennis, playing football, out walking, jogging,” - they don't mention people driving past, or out in their yards. So I think the glasses must have been found out on the playing field/hill area out of sight from a road. It's hard to see how she could have been overpowered and removed without anyone noticing, or at least, without the perp(s) being fearful of being seen.

The posters with description came out on ? Tuesday based on the facebook page. At that time they describe it as "orange or bright coloured"
Would they have the CCTV footage already?

Except it was 7:30 am on a Saturday.
It appears from the maps that there might be sheltered spots on that field.
The Concordia Pool is across and behind that field. It doesn't list any classes before 10am on Saturdays.
IMO most people enjoy thier backyards so there may not have been many people out.
Had I driven by I might have noticed an orange tshirt and purple hair but I've heard many women say that a "middle aged woman is invisible "

If sexual assault isn't about sex then maybe? Elderly women have been raped but left.
An opportunistic mugging gone bad?
Car by chance at the location
A gang initiation? Possible. ( I don't know how active that area is now)
Random/ sick psycho? A long shot!
I'm sure there's better places
Known to Thelma? Workplace doesn't seem likely with her described as a great person...
Spouse-excluded or still a possibility?
( mine generally knows what my planned route is before I leave)

New life...and new glasses, new start?
Could she have tossed them and kept going or did she really really need them to see?

winnnancy .... I am sure at the police interview the cop said there were people at the sports complex .... playing tennis etc.

The sexual assault - mugging question is a good one ...... and that is one of the things that does not add up .... a mugger would not have a reason to remove the victim ... and a rapist would not operate in an open public location , in broad daylight , beside a community club

So was a car used and she was kidnapped (for whatever reason) , and her glasses fell off ???

Or something happened somewhere else and the glasses later dropped there as a diversion ???

I would continue to focus on someone she knew until those possibilities were exhausted and eliminated.

By the sounds of it she spent a lot of time on her smart phone ... who was she communicating with ???? .... could she have arranged a meeting with an internet pal that went bad ?? .... I expect police will be checking all that out.

And what google maps predicts as the most plausible route from home...to VGCC...to Canadian Tire.....IF that had been her intended trip that day to walk to Canadian Tire after VGCC to meet her husband as he has mentioned.
View attachment 78276

In case of the possibility she was taking a direct route to the store I used red on your map showing Peguis street.... it would be "cross country" part of the way and would get her to the store around 9 am

Does not reconcile with where the glasses were found , or the 10 am meeting , just trying to consider all possibilities
krull peguis street.JPG

In case of the possibility she was taking a direct route to the store I used red on your map showing Peguis street.... it would be "cross country" part of the way and would get her to the store around 9 am

Does not reconcile with where the glasses were found , or the 10 am meeting , just trying to consider all possibilities

Do you mind marking on the map the location of where she was recorded walking ... her last known location?

Thelma Krull
WPS_Missing_ThelmaKrull_350.jpg

THELMA KRULL: Police asking for surveillance footage

[video=youtube;SF39UJQYliw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF39UJQYliw[/video]
http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/man...-update-missing-woman-investigation-1.3152984
In the security footage She seems to be walking while holding paper up to her chest with both hands. It appears she's reading it? Not the posture or gait of an exerciser in this clip. Also, is she moving that fast or is the tape enhanced. Who has confirmed that she takes this long walk every morning? What is her posture/gait on previous mornings? There is just something nagging at me from this footage.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If the husband was sleeping and only heard the dog bark when Thelma left, who did the description of her clothing come from?[/QUOTEdeleted

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Do you mind marking on the map the location of where she was recorded walking ... her last known location?

I dont know for sure ... they said the camera was close to home

Does anybody know the street or direction ?

EDIT TO ADD: got it figured out .... her house is #86 Filbert Crescent ... the cctv camera is at house #98 .... facing East toward house #95 and she is heading SOUTH from her home

Most likely turned right (west) at Perfanick Drive to Concordia , then left which goes to Valley Park rec center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa