Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea. I saw it the evening of the 11th on a local Facebook group from her daughter.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

WPS homicide has taken over the case as per Mike MacIntyre of the Winnipeg Free Press.

In case you cannot read the article due to the Winnipeg Free Press now being a pay news site.

The Winnipeg Police Service homicide unit has taken over the investigation into the mysterious disappearance of 57-year-old Thelma Krull, the Free Press has learned.

Two sources confirmed Thursday there has been a fundamental shift in the case, which is now in its sixth day. It was originally being handled by the WPS missing persons unit.

Here is a photo from the article. The husband, Robert is on the right.
150715-KRULLFAMILY_19613049.jpg
SUBMITTED PHOTO

Thelma Krull is shown in a police handout photo.

Robert Krull, husband of missing 57-year-old Thelma Krull, looks to the ceiling during a Wednesday police press conference on the fifth day since his wife went missing after leaving for a walk in the Valley Gardens area.

MELISSA TAIT / WINNIPEG FREE PRESS

Robert Krull, husband of missing 57-year-old Thelma Krull, looks to the ceiling during a Wednesday police press conference on the fifth day since his wife went missing after leaving for a walk in the Valley Gardens area. Photo Store

No other details have been provided, and police have not made any official comment.

This all comes one day after police revealed they had found a pair of glasses belonging to Krull – a development they admit is "extremely concerning."

"We don’t know what’s happened to Thelma," Det.-Sgt. Shaunna Neufeld of the missing persons unit said Wednesday afternoon at a news conference. "As each day goes by we get more and more concerned."

Robert Krull, Thelma’s son, said Thursday afternoon he hadn’t heard the WPS homicide unit had taken over the case.

He said the family is still hopeful Thelma is alive.

"I’ve got friends and family that are very spiritual and they feel that she’s still out there and so do I," he said.

<snip>

The sniffer dogs were used but they were unable to catch her scent probably because of all the rain we've had lately.

<snipped>
"So far, neither volunteer searchers nor police on foot, on ATVs, in the air or with sniffer dogs have spotted the woman, who was described as being in good health and state of mind.

Thelma Krull's daughter says reports the Homicide Unit has taken over the search for her mother are not true. #cbcmb

by Caroline Barghout via twitter on &#8206;16&#8206;/&#8206;07&#8206;/&#8206;2015 at &#8206;2&#8206;:&#8206;33&#8206;:&#8206;33&#8206; &#8206;PM

Sniffer dogs don't work well if searchers/others have trampled the scent or rain. I know the dogs are out there and I presume they tried to use them to get a fresh track from the articles that were found with the glasses.

Sniffer dogs also can't do anything if the scent gets into a vehicle. They handler will know if the scent stops on a road or parking lot.

Walking distance maps/routes from the Krull home to both the VGCC and Canadian Tire on Regent:

VG1w.jpg VG2w.jpg

And what google maps predicts as the most plausible route from home...to VGCC...to Canadian Tire.....IF that had been her intended trip that day to walk to Canadian Tire after VGCC to meet her husband as he has mentioned.
VG3w.jpg

Maybe she stopped in at the community club to use the washroom. Was it open at that time?

Maybe she stopped in at the community club to use the washroom. Was it open at that time?

Well I don't know if they have any outdoor...unlocked washrooms...but I checked their website....regular CC hrs are Monday to Friday 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Saturday/Sunday 12:00pm to 6:00pm. They also have a daycare there...but their hrs are only weekdays...

http://www.valleygardenscc.com/view/valleygardenscc/contact-us

Well I don't know if they have any outdoor...unlocked washrooms...but I checked their website....regular CC hrs are Monday to Friday 6:00pm to 9:00pm. Saturday/Sunday 12:00pm to 6:00pm. They also have a daycare there...but their hrs are only weekdays...

http://www.valleygardenscc.com/view/valleygardenscc/contact-us

Sometimes the CC's are open because there is something going but I haven't heard anything.

Sometimes the CC's are open because there is something going but I haven't heard anything.

I haven't heard there was anything going on there that morning either...it's baffling this case....
I know when LE held their press conference yesterday the one officer mentioned that there were people playing tennis...football...and walking *maybe they are hopeful that people were?* ...but no mention of a scheduled event or activity happening at that time....

And what google maps predicts as the most plausible route from home...to VGCC...to Canadian Tire.....IF that had been her intended trip that day to walk to Canadian Tire after VGCC to meet her husband as he has mentioned.

Google maps isn't really for walking, for example it still shows the 'reccomended route' as following major roads, whereas a walker will usually take the side streets. Rather than retrace my steps, as the map shows, I would have cut through or around the VG playing fields and walked residential streets rather than Molson St. as shown. Perhaps the glasses were found on the actual playing fields, that seemed to be what police were searching.

Google maps isn't really for walking, for example it still shows the 'reccomended route' as following major roads, whereas a walker will usually take the side streets. Rather than retrace my steps, as the map shows, I would have cut through or around the VG playing fields and walked residential streets rather than Molson St. as shown. Perhaps the glasses were found on the actual playing fields, that seemed to be what police were searching.

As I said....it was what Google Maps predicted as most plausible...and it was done with the walking option rather than driving...which changes it up completely again...that area also has a lot of bays which end in fenced yards...and no back lanes...makes cutting through difficult....

As none of us know her 'actual' route...this was the best guess...and gave a picture for anyone who doesn't live here...where it's all taking place...

In all of yesterday's news about VGCC they were indeed out at the back *south* of the CC in the fields towards the hill beside Kildonan East Collegiate...

Unfortunately LE aren't telling 'where' they found the glasses other than the general VG area...but in the middle of an investigation...they aren't going to either :)

I do not think a "route map" applies in this situation ..... she was not trying to go from point A to point B ..... quite the opposite .... she was going for an indirect long walk which would eventually end up at the Canadian Tire Store 2 or 3 hours later.

I do not think a "route map" applies in this situation ..... she was not trying to go from point A to point B ..... quite the opposite .... she was going for an indirect long walk which would eventually end up at the Canadian Tire Store 2 or 3 hours later.

As I said ...Google Maps 'predicted' routes from A to B....but we don't know what for certain those points are....We know where her home is...and we know where *approximately* her glasses were found...and we know at some point she was supposed to meet her husband at Canadian Tire.....

The reason I did put up the aerial views and possible routes...was to show where abouts the 'points' are...and approximate distances/times of travel....

I'm fortunate enough to live here...so I can see it in my own head where all these places are...what they look like...how to get from A to B...including short cuts...

For some it is helpful to see a visual of some kind to 'place' everything....at least this way....it can be seen where VGCC is....Canadian Tire....how far approx...how long to walk it approx...etc...

Just a tool to help really :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member