TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 April 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you are making me rethink my theory.

Me too. At first I didn't realize the police vest goes past the buttocks. But I see it does and may falsely give the appearance of a round person. Plus the huge vest maybe is responsible for a slump-shouldered appearance.

Thanks to Bill's gif, the "skinny" right ankle looks more due to the hall light's reflection on the boot and not an exposed prosthesis. At least to me. Hopefully the police will release more videos.

See, this person is off balance for some reason. Prosthesis? If so, they aren't very natural with it. Maybe because of the prosthesis with the new boots? IDK.

Did the person take a little "liquid courage" before the hit? He/she sure looks drunk to me.

Yes, drunk or something - I am really thrown by the fact that they are acting like they don't have a care in the world. Wouldn't you at least be nervous? This video portion they do seem rather wobbly. It could be a prothesis as my brother has one and they are very difficult to deal with - never fit right - the average person cannot afford the type the veterans have - those are streamlined. If my brother loses weight his is really loose.

I don't know, but I knew a burly guy with a round torso and big pot belly who had extremely curvy legs with thin ankles.

gif of first video.

attachment.php
That is really clear, Bill. I can see the thing strapped onto the front of his/her chest as he approaches the door. Makes him (her?) not look quite so stout as the video snippets I'd seen previously.

What is your gut motive theory ?

I have no idea! It's all so bizarre.

I will say the perp is not wearing a prosthesis. The way an appliance fits on the leg stump doesn't allow it to spin outward. It's in a fixed position on the leg with the foot facing forward for the best balance. The way the perp's foot goes outward while they walk is impossible to do if wearing a prosthesis. There is no ankle joint to move the foot that way.

So, what's the motive? Love, lust or money?

Now she is starting to look like a man to me again.

If it walks like a duck, it is a duck, or maybe not. ............................................:eek:fftobed:

Thanks. This is the only case I've looked at because something about it grabbed my attention from the beginning. If I spent this much time on other cases, I would have to move in with you. :D

Bring it. We need a 24 hour watch force.

Me too. At first I didn't realize the police vest goes past the buttocks. But I see it does and may falsely give the appearance of a round person. Plus the huge vest maybe is responsible for a slump-shouldered appearance.

Thanks to Bill's gif, the "skinny" right ankle looks more due to the hall light's reflection on the boot and not an exposed prosthesis. At least to me. Hopefully the police will release more videos.

I agree with all of these observations. Who knew making gifs would produce a crisper video?!

I have no idea! It's all so bizarre.

I will say the perp is not wearing a prosthesis. The way an appliance fits on the leg stump doesn't allow it to spin outward. It's in a fixed position on the leg with the foot facing forward for the best balance. The way the perp's foot goes outward while they walk is impossible to do if wearing a prosthesis. There is no ankle joint to move the foot that way.

So, what's the motive? Love, lust or money?

Great catch!

See, this person is off balance for some reason. Prosthesis? If so, they aren't very natural with it. Maybe because of the prosthesis with the new boots? IDK.

Did the person take a little "liquid courage" before the hit? He/she sure looks drunk to me.
IDK about drunk. But, I do see a certain amount of "swagger" Absolutely no trace of fear or hesitation. Bizarre.

My thoughts exactly when I first watched the video. Shoes are to big

I've been wondering all along if the shoes look too big because 1) s/he toes outward, and 2) s/he is flat-footed (which also makes the foot appear longer). Keep thinking about that medical post on the previous thread about this sort of gait being associated with flat feet and forward leaning posture:

Presentation

Excessively turned out feet (duck feet)
Often delayed walker
Often in association with flat feet
Reduced hip movement in swing phase of gait
Commonly decreased lumbar lordosis in standing (flat back)
Hips and lower trunk slightly flexed (leaning forward) in gait
Weakness in pelvis including gluteus medius and weak core muscles
Walks and runs with heavier awkward looking run with poor push-off. Tires quickly when running and may avoid weight-bearing sports. Often seen in children with endomorph shape (carry weight around tummy/trunk) and coexisting hypermobility. Often seen in association with coordination difficulties.

http://kidzclinic.com.au/gait-abnormalities.html#duck_feet

Heres a pic I found on Twitter just now of BB at the vigil Tuesday. This is the first time I've seen a full length shot of him since MB was murdered.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 490
I can definitely see why someone would see a prosthetic. I thought I saw a foot drag for a second or two. I'm dubious that this is a woman, though. I'm not sure if you can tell someone's sex or gender by the way they walk. As other people pointed out, gaits can be affected by inebriation, nervousness, or injuries. Or, prosthetics.

A point to ponder - this person is dressed as a SWAT officer and yet the murder weapon was not a gun.

Why dress up like a cop if you aren't going to use a weapon associated with cops? That just seems weird to me.

I can definitely see why someone would see a prosthetic. I thought I saw a foot drag for a second or two. I'm dubious that this is a woman, though. I'm not sure if you can tell someone's sex or gender by the way they walk. As other people pointed out, gaits can be affected by inebriation, nervousness, or injuries. Or, prosthetics.

A point to ponder - this person is dressed as a SWAT officer and yet the murder weapon was not a gun.

Why dress up like a cop if you aren't going to use a weapon associated with cops? That just seems weird to me.

Re the gun - we don't exactly know if that might be the murder weapon as we don't have official cause of death. We know she was hit with 'some sort of instrument' to the head--but that "COD" was only preliminary, on the Monday night search warrant, and prior to Tuesday morning's autopsy, so that wasn't the official final word on cause of death. I would not at all be surprised to find out she was attacked with more than one weapon. (Might explain the 'inconclusive' results.) The suspect doesn't appear to like to underdress for the occasion. We know he had an instrument for prying doors open. He may have also fired a gun (hence the dogs). For all we know he may have also carried and used a taser. In one of these videos it almost looked like he was even wearing a thigh holster on his left leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member