Found Deceased FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking she was lured out .... Hence her shoes being gone , but why the blanket? The blanket makes me think someone took her out , but how and why the shoes ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my daughter was that age she used to walk around the house with a blanket around her. Especially in the morning.

The burners were not on when Mom made a bottle at 2 am. So wondering if Diana got up to start breakfast, saw her 'friend' outside the window...and was lured outside to use his phone...

I am believing the step-father, too. Either he is getting better at acting, or he had nothing to do with her missing. At the end where he looks like he can't breathe talking about her---- that is real.

For anyone just reading articles, you are not getting the big picture. My favorite part about how this is handled is the long videos. I don't ever remember another case like this. I no longer have to battle the "is the media only giving a snippet or taking that out of context" thing. This is first hand (step-father, mom) information and a whole lot of it. The things we are posting here are not from the media who only gives us a tiny piece. The information is a first hand, very detailed, very full account.

The door that was unlocked was the BACK door, across the hall from Diana's room. It was a door to the outside. His bedroom door he showed looked more like a curtain than a door. He said it stays open. Also, the window on her room definitely looked broken. He said there was stuff in front of it and the police moved it. I don't think she went out the window, but it definitely wasn't locked. It is also where the dog usually sleeps.

I know we're all watching the videos of the parents being interviewed and dissecting the hell out of things, but I'm not so sure the police know about the videos just yet............and I highly doubt they're going to be very thrilled when they finally do find out about them.

Okay, so according to the next door neighbor:

The unlocked door leads to the screened in porch. Porch has an additional screen door. The dog was NOT at that porch that night. Dog was being kept leashed at the other side of the house.
So, anyone with that knowledge - like for example the roommate- would be able to access that unlocked door at the porch - or would be able to access Diana's bedroom window without the dog interfering.

Did someone knock on Diana's bedroom window that night?

-Nin

The neighborhood is a lot nicer than I pictured. The reporter is loud, and I feel like her voice is yelling.I know she is right next to her microphone.

Thanks so much for posting!

Some initial rough notes (interpretive paraphrasing) from the interview with the stepdad, part 1 (haven't seen part 2 yet with the mother):

In the video, the stepdad said Diana never cooked, only used the microwave.

Diana's room is right next door to her parents, and across from a door that was left unlocked.

Stepdad said he can be a heavy sleeper.

His friend? told him he saw a white minivan at the Mexican restaurant down the street (Roses?) between 2:30 and 4:30am (the time frame the stepdad suspects Diana went missing). The description of the driver he provided in video (white, facial hair), and LE is supposedly checking the cameras there.

He also said Diana knew a lot of people in Okeechobee, where she previously lived with her mother before they were married, but he said she doesn't know many people here.

He said he didn't know what she was wearing bc she yelled "goodnight" from her room (he was in his room watching tv).

He said there were no computers in the house, but the TV had wifi. Diana would look at music and movies on his phone, but the father could see what she had been viewing bc she didn't know how to delete it.

So, Diana has 2 younger brothers, if I understand correctly, who are the bio dad's. The little baby boy is the stepdad's.

The green blanket had leaves on it.

He doesn't think she could have gone out the window.

The stepdad called the roommate, GD, and casually was like "what's up man, where you at", so as to not arise any suspicion. GD said he was In Orlando. He said the phone disconnected, or GD hung up, and didn't answer the phone after that, if I understood all this correctly.

The stepdad doesn't seem to know what to think. He wonders could she have seen someone or gone off with someone she met or knows.

*one thing I noticed was the mention of the bus stop (referring to where the mother might currently be, taking the kids to school).

The dog, pit bull, sleeps outside, right there outside the door that was left unlocked, in an enclosed porch type area, if I understood correctly. He said he barks at everyone, the neighbors, even his own mother.

He said Diana was very smart (and wouldn't go off with a stranger, or something like that?); she has the intelligence of a 17 to 18 year old.

He said the stepmother came over all aggressive, etc, that if she really wanted to help she would try to talk with all of them, he doesn't want her on their property just causing trouble, she doesn't know anything about them, or something like that.

His wife cooks/cooked for people (and sold the food? Was that in Okeechobee?). And that's how they know the roommate GD? (Is it GD or GT?)

*please feel free to correct anything I might have misinterpreted.

I wonder if the neighbor met the roommate??? Why haven't we heard a name.

I wonder if the neighbor met the roommate??? Why haven't we heard a name.

They said his name on the video. GT are his initials. He said he is skinny with a full mustache and beard and drives a white mini-van. He lived there for 9 months.

Thanks! Guess I just got the impression she didn't know him, since she kept saying roommate.

Video #1----Interview with Step Dad. Many, many details provided,
Approx. 40 minutes long.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=208a74b927ff970fbb025e58a63fda2b&oe=574F4DD7

Video #2--Interview with bio Mom discussing roommate and his white van.
Approx. 15 minutes long.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=cfe47840bc860e638482e25c05289146&oe=574F66BD

I think the reporter may have blown it about the Facebook page. Diana's mother claims that the profile pic on that particular page is not her daughter.

Side note---- in all the videos you see a whole lot of swatting at mosquitos and bugs and wiping of sweat and waving of a hand to cool off. I relate so much. This deep south thing is BRUTAL!!!

In video #2, Diana's mother says that if the kidnappers are after money, then they should call the family directly in a private phone call.

Does that sound like information that would be police sanctioned to you.............??

The cops are still out poking around in the weeds, I'll bet they don't even know these two videos of the parents exist yet.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...rch-missing-diana-alvares-continues/85233838/
Authorities: No evidence Diana Alvares is still in the area

--snip--

The Lee County Sheriff's Office said this morning that they have no evidence that Diana Alvares is still in the area.
The sheriff's office closed its staging area near the Sheltering Pines mobile home park in San Carlos where Alvares lived. She disappeared from her home sometime Sunday morning.

"After a massive and exhaustive search in a several mile radius around Diana Alvares’ home it has been determined that there is no evidence to suggest that she is in the area," a press release from the sheriff's office said mid-morning Wednesday. "Leads coming in from concerned citizens and other investigative avenues are actively being pursued and at this point we cannot comment on them."

Closing the staging area doesn't mean the search for the girl has ended.
"Our investigative teams remain in the field, and will leave no stone un-turned in the aggressive investigation into Diana’s disappearance,' the release said.

Ok, I am sitting here shaking my head wondering WTH is going on here?

I've been around long enough to know that parents don't give out multiple interviews, take people through their homes etc. etc when something like this is going on. Typically, LE speaks for them and works with them to find the missing child. They are divulging information that could cause harm to the investigation and muddying the waters with story after story and new detail after detail multiple times per day. I understand that that there is perhaps a cultural divide here but come on.

So why haven't LE shut them down? Am I missing something or is the rope being let out just enough....................????

why was he rushing a woman?

Emotions are running high. To me it seems like the step-mother of Diana is the problem maker and wants to be the center of attention. Since she doesn't even live in the same town as they do I highly doubt she knows anything of relevance that could help LE in finding Diana.

I would be angry too if someone was trying to infer I was lying if I was telling the truth. From the beginning I have never felt that Diana's stepfather or mother is involved in Diana's disappearance. I think they both desperately want her to come home safe and sound.

IMO

Ok, I am sitting here shaking my head wondering WTH is going on here?

I've been around long enough to know that parents don't give out multiple interviews, take people through their homes etc. etc when something like this is going on. Typically, LE speaks for them and works with them to find the missing child. They are divulging information that could cause harm to the investigation and muddying the waters with story after story and new detail after detail multiple times per day. I understand that that there is perhaps a cultural divide here but come on.

So why haven't LE shut them down? Am I missing something or is the rope being let out just enough....................????

I think there is a divide. They may feel that LE is treating them differently. I don't think they even realize how many resources are being used. To them it's not enough. No Amber Alert was issued because it doesn't meet the criteria. I doubt they understand that tho.

(I still don't think the stepdad is involved, and haven't from the beginning, jmo.)

In video #2, Diana's mother says that if the kidnappers are after money, then they should call the family directly in a private phone call.

Does that sound like information that would be police sanctioned to you.............??

The cops are still out poking around in the weeds, I'll bet they don't even know these two videos of the parents exist yet.

I'm sure that the sheriff is well aware of the videos. Our sheriff is very professional and plays his cards close to his vest. He's gathering and verifing information and now has more evidence of the ever changing stories. Sit tight folks, we will know nothing until sheriff Scott is ready to anounce his findings.

Yes, exactly. The missing shoes makes me think she left on her own to meet someone.

Or someone wants you to think that she did. Missing blanket is a huge problem for me.

Anddddd, I will leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members