MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major Thompson promised Ben they would find his daughter's murderer. He kept his word.

major_thompson.jpg

Yes, Inspector, Mr. Thompson did get his guy. I was afraid after his DUI that it may influence the resolution of the murder of Jessica Lane. I wonder why LEO waited until he committed the 2nd murder to indict QT?

My apologies if I've already posted this photo of Ali with Quinton's sister.

Ali Allisani JChambers case.jpg

Yes, Inspector, Mr. Thompson did get his guy. I was afraid after his DUI that it may influence the resolution of the murder of Jessica Lane. I wonder why LEO waited until he committed the 2nd murder to indict QT?

attachment.php

I wonder why Det. Thompson was targeted for that DUI.
I appreciated his efforts for Ms. Jessica Lane Chambers.

View attachment 96478

I wonder why Det. Thompson was targeted for that DUI.
I appreciated his efforts for Ms. Jessica Lane Chambers.

DeDee and d4j: not sure why the Major was not included in that big presser with Darby and Champion announcing the grand jury indictment, but then, the FBI was not there either. His DUI coming late in the investigation could have at least two explanations, possibly more:
(1) He was working long hours and weekends, so maybe he began unwinding at the end of the day with some beer or drinks before heading home, or
(2) He was causing someone trouble with his investigation and this was a way to discredit him. Remember Darby at that civic leaders meeting alluding to Jessica's murder being part of some corruption?

Presumably the DUI violation was too serious for the arresting officer to let him off under "professional courtesy" or perhaps it was not the first time and the risk was too great to let him continue, don't know -- all just conjecture.

Interesting bedfellows (just an expression, not implying anything here) that snapshot of Ali and sister Tellis, DeDee. How did you find it? Do you think Ali was friends with big brother? Didn't he live in a trailer behind the M&M?

Don't know what to say about the poor girl being murdered in LA because the police were not quick enough to trace Tellis to the Jessica Chambers murder in MS. Unfortunate, but I cannot hold them responsible for the actions of a cold-blooded serial murderer.

JMO

First, on a personal note, Inspector Clouseau, my 8yo granddaughter, who recently visited for two weeks, knew what onomatopoeia meant and could also spell the word :loveyou:

DeDee and d4j: not sure why the Major was not included in that big presser with Darby and Champion announcing the grand jury indictment, but then, the FBI was not there either. His DUI coming late in the investigation could have at least two explanations, possibly more:
(1) He was working long hours and weekends, so maybe he began unwinding at the end of the day with some beer or drinks before heading home, or
(2) He was causing someone trouble with his investigation and this was a way to discredit him. Remember Darby at that civic leaders meeting alluding to Jessica's murder being part of some corruption?

Presumably the DUI violation was too serious for the arresting officer to let him off under "professional courtesy" or perhaps it was not the first time and the risk was too great to let him continue, don't know -- all just conjecture.

Interesting bedfellows (just an expression, not implying anything here) that snapshot of Ali and sister Tellis, DeDee. How did you find it? Do you think Ali was friends with big brother? Didn't he live in a trailer behind the M&M?

Don't know what to say about the poor girl being murdered in LA because the police were not quick enough to trace Tellis to the Jessica Chambers murder in MS. Unfortunate, but I cannot hold them responsible for the actions of a cold-blooded serial murderer.

JMO

If I remember correctly, the DUI occurred around 9 or 10pm so your suppositions are likely correct. Quite frankly, if I grew up around PCounty I'd probably need rehab just from trying to cope with life around me. IOW, I do not place any negativity on Thompson's arrest. At the same time, being nearly a teetotaler myself, I don't appreciate those who will drink and drive since they are placing others' lives in harms way. That being stated, I find myself disappointed that Thompson was not present when the indictment was made public.

My apologies for not recalling the time or place of the photo of Ali with QTs sister. (They were big time friends!) It's been in my files for about two years and one I never deleted. It makes sense that Ali would know QT. It may be why AA took the picture of Jessica's burned out car. I lean more everyday toward the snitching scenario than a "lover's quarrel." Perhaps when the round up of those Bad Boys occurred, one of them leaked QTs name to verify what LEO already knew about him.

Bing cache page from WS in Feb 2016. Really sad but some of our reactions to the news of QTs arrest:
http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=Qu...lang=en-US&w=lM8kSxvytyr-1qVzX1KrXtao4LC_Hzc7

Recently, I tried sleuthing out QTs C'land addy. His mother lived in B'ville but south on Hwy 6 from where JC drove that fateful night. There is NO trailer directly behind M&Ms. Carlisle runs directly behind the store as one would not need to get onto Main Street to turn from M&Ms to enter Carlisle close to the dumpster placement. I don't have time now but maybe someone can pull up a Google earth shot of the M&M and Carlisle area as there are a few trailers along Carlisle including BCs. Also, there is a street on the right, if headed N on Carlisle, where AShields lived that also had manufactured housing on some lots. If someone is willing to do that work; it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe some of the info below will be of some help.

Reactions to QTs arrest from our favorite reporter Therese Apel: (The last guy's comments got blipped!)
http://www.clarionledger.com/videos/news/2016/02/25/80922338/

This is the site I used when searching for addresses during the investigation that proved quite helpful:
http://www.locatefamily.com/Street-Lists/USA/MS/38620/index4.html

QTs Mother's easily obtainable addy:
6183 Highway 6, Batesville, MS 38606

Quinton Tellis, 27, originally of Courtland, was indicted on capital murder charges by a special grand jury in Panola County.
http://myinforms.com/en-us/a/251722...tellis-indicted-in-jessica-chambers-homicide/

I don't recall his sister's name at this time. (LaQuinta, maybe?) Perhaps she still lives in C'land and QT was staying with her in Dec 2014.

Inspector, it would appear that you were closer to nailing the killer than most of the rest of us. My apologies that I never took ME as a possible suspect seriously since her car keys, too obviously (IMO) were allegedly located in the ditch in his front yard.
Again, I'd like to express gratitude to everyone that has been involved with helping to solve Jessica Lane's murder. :heartbeat: You're quite a likeable group. BOLO for MzStery!

<snip>

Recently, I tried sleuthing out QTs C'land addy. His mother lived in B'ville but south on Hwy 6 from where JC drove that fateful night. There is NO trailer directly behind M&Ms. Carlisle runs directly behind the store as one would not need to get onto Main Street to turn from M&Ms to enter Carlisle close to the dumpster placement. I don't have time now but maybe someone can pull up a Google earth shot of the M&M and Carlisle area as there are a few trailers along Carlisle including BCs. Also, there is a street on the right, if headed N on Carlisle, where AShields lived that also had manufactured housing on some lots. If someone is willing to do that work; it would be greatly appreciated. Maybe some of the info below will be of some help.

<snip>
DeDee,

Here is a current BING Maps bird's eye view of the area, and there's clearly a trailer directly behind the M&M, right across Carlisle from the paved parking lot:
https://bit.ly/1Q9Y7hq

Here's a closer look:
https://bit.ly/1UZ8TCU

The first address (230) on your list is quite a ways down Carlisle from the above location. There appear to be several un-addressed abodes in between that location and the start of Carlisle at its intersection with U.S. 51, including this trailer.

My hat (chapeau) is off to your incredible granddaughter. Good trees produce good fruit, as the saying goes.

Best,
Clouseau

DeDee,

Here is a current BING Maps bird's eye view of the area, and there's clearly a trailer directly behind the M&M, right across Carlisle from the paved parking lot:
https://bit.ly/1Q9Y7hq

Here's a closer look:
https://bit.ly/1UZ8TCU

The first address (230) on your list is quite a ways down Carlisle from the above location. There appear to be several un-addressed abodes in between that location and the start of Carlisle at its intersection with U.S. 51, including this trailer.

My hat (chapeau) is off to your incredible granddaughter. Good trees produce good fruit, as the saying goes.

Best,
Clouseau

Thank you. So, there is a trailer on Carlisle across the street from M&Ms. Close enough. It is difficult to imagine folks living in those conditions in modern day but I know that they do.

This SS came from one of the interviews. I wish I could find the interview b/c I don't recall what she said. LaQuanta Tellis. Did you find an address for her in Courtland?

Laqunta Tellis Quintons girlfriend JChambers case.jpg

* Note: Please ignore the statement under the pic as clearly when you click to enlarge as it was meant to say she was Ali's girlfriend and not QTs.

Thank you. So, there is a trailer on Carlisle across the street from M&Ms. Close enough. It is difficult to imagine folks living in those conditions in modern day but I know that they do.

This SS came from one of the interviews. I wish I could find the interview b/c I don't recall what she said. LaQuanta Tellis. Did you find an address for her in Courtland?

View attachment 96833

* Note: Please ignore the statement under the pic as clearly when you click to enlarge as it was meant to say she was Ali's girlfriend and not QTs.

It's Laqunta, DeDee. Didn't find much with my limited "freebie" (read: cheapskate) capabilities -- only a location in Batesville and a relative's name:
http://www.intelius.com/background.php?ReportType=8&searchform=background&qf=Laqunta&qn=Tellis

Maybe another Websleuther has a premium Zabasearch subscription, where they can find out more details to share?

Did you notice in the blowup of the bird's eye view of the trailer an old school bus painted white just to the left of it? I've seen them converted into a fish camp with bunk beds down along a river, easy to move whenever the water rises. That, too, might be some low-income (non-Section 8) housing in Courtland, sans postal address. Makes it tough on the bill collectors, but also requires a P.O. box rental for the monthly "assistance" checks...

Best,
Inspector C.

Pretty good run from the crime scene on Herron Road to the trailer behind M&M on Carlisle, traveling through woods, fields, backyards, train tracks, fences, and so on. Did Tellis ever run cross-country for Panola High? I'm thinking he either had a car parked near the CS, or an accomplice watching and waiting nearby. By the time all the first responders, fire trucks, deputies, etc. arrived on scene, would have been a hopeless task trying to sort out any perpetrator's tire tracks near Jessica's car or across the road.

JMO
:runaway:

I'm assuming whoever met him there with the gas can also obliged him with a ride. JMO, of course.

Pretty good run from the crime scene on Herron Road to the trailer behind M&M on Carlisle, traveling through woods, fields, backyards, train tracks, fences, and so on. Did Tellis ever run cross-country for Panola High? I'm thinking he either had a car parked near the CS, or an accomplice watching and waiting nearby. By the time all the first responders, fire trucks, deputies, etc. arrived on scene, would have been a hopeless task trying to sort out any perpetrator's tire tracks near Jessica's car or across the road.

JMO
:runaway:

It's Laqunta, DeDee. Didn't find much with my limited "freebie" (read: cheapskate) capabilities -- only a location in Batesville and a relative's name:
http://www.intelius.com/background.php?ReportType=8&searchform=background&qf=Laqunta&qn=Tellis

Maybe another Websleuther has a premium Zabasearch subscription, where they can find out more details to share?

Did you notice in the blowup of the bird's eye view of the trailer an old school bus painted white just to the left of it? I've seen them converted into a fish camp with bunk beds down along a river, easy to move whenever the water rises. That, too, might be some low-income (non-Section 8) housing in Courtland, sans postal address. Makes it tough on the bill collectors, but also requires a P.O. box rental for the monthly "assistance" checks...

Best,
Inspector C.
Pardon the tacky tacking on...

It would appear Ms. Tellis has a MyLife account:
https://www.mylife.com/laqunta-tellis/laquntatellis?userMode=0

Ms. Tellis is also quoted in the following transcript (sorry, unable to copy):
http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20150211/2538927/Investigators-Hoping-Bigger-Reward-Will-Bring-Justice.htm

Investigators Seen at Trailers In the Video @

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...in-jessica-chambers-case-search-for-new-clues

Reward for Jessica Chambers' killer now up to $53,000

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ica-chambers-killer-now-up-to-53000/22190929/

As poverty stricken as the area is, it is difficult to believe that no one took the reward money and got out of town. They could put a $40,000 downpayment on a home and bought a decent car and still had a little jingle in their pocket.

I watched over a dozen videos searching for LaQunta Tellis' interview to no avail. One video was of the locals at the M&M after the indictment was announced. Some locals are skeptical that QT did it. I guess he has some devoted followers in that town. The reporter said she was warned to be careful b/c the crime was so gruesome.

http://wreg.com/2016/02/24/community-members-react-to-indictment-in-jessica-chambers-murder/

http://www.onenewspage.com/video/20150211/2538927/Investigators-Hoping-Bigger-Reward-Will-Bring-Justice.htm

Investigators Seen at Trailers In the Video @uuy

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...in-jessica-chambers-case-search-for-new-clues

Reward for Jessica Chambers' killer now up to $53,000

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ica-chambers-killer-now-up-to-53000/22190929/

As poverty stricken as the area is, it is difficult to believe that no one took the reward money and got out of town. They could put a $40,000 downpayment on a home and bought a decent car and still had a little jingle in their pocket.

I watched over a dozen videos searching for LaQunta Tellis' interview to no avail. Only one video was of the locals at the M&M after the indictment was announced. Some locals are skeptical that QT did it. I guess he has some devoted followers in that town. The reporter said she was warned to be careful b/c the crime was so gruesome.

http://wreg.com/2016/02/24/community-members-react-to-indictment-in-jessica-chambers-murder/
ChicaDeDee,

Her videotaped interview was at the same link as the one I provided for the transcript with her comments. Reporter Tish Clark of Local 24 News interviewed Laqunta about a year ago:

Laqunta Tellis/from Courtland, ms &amp; knew of Jessica Chambers: "It bothers us all the time because you will wonder who would do something like that to somebody?" comments on social media are constant...and mixed. some show genuine grief and concern...while others are upsetting and accusatory. according to courtland residents...the negative posts could cause the investigation to go cold.

Laqunta Tellis/from Courtland, ms &amp; knew of Jessica Chambers: "Let them do their job and y'all quit worrying about he day she say and cause y'all going by he say she say then that's gonna make them wonder." growing cold is $54- thousand dollars in reward money. and several billboards begging for information...

I agree that such a large reward should have moved investigative mountains for such an impoverished area. Probably the folks who knew the accused best were his own family members. Either he was so good at hiding his crime, they suspected nothing -or- they knew and no amount of money was going to sway their loyalty. I doubt such things will be pursued with today's limited budget LE resources, unless someone was caught on tape making a false statement to investigators.

Adieu,
Clou

I don't find it surprising that she's friends with Derrick...

Considering Jessica's last words, that is.

And Teapoo's and Sandy's involvement.

Ahhh... small town silence.

I don't find it surprising that she's friends with Derrick...

Considering Jessica's last words, that is.

And Teapoo's and Sandy's involvement.

Ahhh... small town silence.

Monsieur Steleheart,

This is the first hint for me of any racism in this crime. But almost to the person, every black interviewed about Tellis has expressed their doubts in some way, while every white has not. Do you have a link you could share showing the Laqunta-Derrick relationship you mentioned? Do you think her bother knew him, too? Perhaps someone else was present at the CS? Would Tellis accept life in lieu of death in exchange for rolling over on an accomplice? Would Ben and Lisa be willing to accept such a plea deal, since I doubt DA Champion would go against their wishes?

JMO

Monsieur Steleheart,

This is the first hint for me of any racism in this crime. But almost to the person, every black interviewed about Tellis has expressed their doubts in some way, while every white has not. Do you have a link you could share showing the Laqunta-Derrick relationship you mentioned? Do you think her bother knew him, too? Perhaps someone else was present at the CS? Would Tellis accept life in lieu of death in exchange for rolling over on an accomplice? Would Ben and Lisa be willing to accept such a plea deal, since I doubt DA Champion would go against their wishes?

JMO

I am unsure about any racism more so than culture. Not in my mind anyway. But the friend's lists connections in this case I cannot shake. From chasing down the original "Erick or Derrick" quote and looking at it again, the Tellis, and Rudd connections are stark. Derrick, Derek, Ssedric, Kedrick, etc are common. I do not know why we did not see interviews with those players since we heard about Ms. Rudd's interview and her interaction with JC that night and about interviews with people with like names who have zero connection.
I cannot link those connections here as it would not be within our guidelines, but starting with the person you have been discussing ( which borders on TOS), the direct connections and back to MrsMack lead to players with that name sound.

As a cultural note, yes, no one snatched up that 50K because no one wanted to be the next Flam-Bae and no one wanted to break the code "snitches get stitches" and " Those Bit**es think I'm snitching".

JMO but tread lightly.

I am unsure about any racism more so than culture. Not in my mind anyway. But the friend's lists connections in this case I cannot shake. From chasing down the original "Erick or Derrick" quote and looking at it again, the Tellis, and Rudd connections are stark. Derrick, Derek, Ssedric, Kedrick, etc are common. I do not know why we did not see interviews with those players since we heard about Ms. Rudd's interview and her interaction with JC that night and about interviews with people with like names who have zero connection.
I cannot link those connections here as it would not be within our guidelines, but starting with the person you have been discussing ( which borders on TOS), the direct connections and back to MrsMack lead to players with that name sound.

As a cultural note, yes, no one snatched up that 50K because no one wanted to be the next Flam-Bae and no one wanted to break the code "snitches get stitches" and " Those Bit**es think I'm snitching".

JMO but tread lightly.
Thanks for the warning. I believe my last WS banishment was for borderline victim bashing. Is there a similar rule against "accused" bashing, including relatives and friends? Nevertheless, under advice of your counsel, I shall refrain from further public inquiries along these lines.

Shaken -and- stirred,
Inspector Clouseau
(recently returned from the Isle of Elba)

My apologies for not being clear. I read the transcript. For some reason, my laptop will not load that video. I wanted to study her face while she spoke. I'll try viewing the video found at the link while using another device.

Danke.

Thanks for the warning. I believe my last WS banishment was for borderline victim bashing. Is there a similar rule against "accused" bashing, including relatives and friends? Nevertheless, under advice of your counsel, I shall refrain from further public inquiries along these lines.

Shaken -and- stirred,
Inspector Clouseau

As far as I understand sleuthing family of accused is verboten. References to MSM or LE info on them is allowed however.

Shaken -and- stirred,
Inspector Clouseau

Hi rbarber17. Yes, relatives and friends are off limits. From the rules:

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member