Sex Workers & Truck Drivers: Post Stories Here

I've been reading everyone's comments and really appreciate the honesty, humility and respect shown on this board. Thanks to Bessie for starting the discussion.

Although my life is vastly different than those "on the road," I have a nagging question that I can't get out of my mind. Looking at the map of so many missing women (assuming all women, please correct me if I am wrong), is it correct to assume, if the theory stands and a LHT did in fact commit the murders, the truck would be pulled along side a major highway to discard the body? Under normal circumstances, what are the reasons for trucks to pull on the side of the interstate instead of a truck stop ?
Thanks in advance !!

Being familiar with the trucking industry I can tell you that the sex workers don't alway have a cell phone option. Specifically because they have not where to live and no where to charge the phone. They rely on the tricks to allow them to use the charger port in the trucks but that is no guarantee.
Unless the sex worker is asked to stay after her 'job' is done then they have no access or means to charge or pay for a phone. They are litterally thrown out of the vehicle when finished or required to continue whatever act is asked of her until she is set free or escapes. Usually dropped off somewhere far from where she started. Unfortunatly there is no courtesy of taking her home. These are people that drive for a living and If the wheels don't turn they don't make money. She could be picked up in Indiana and dropped off in Texas or even California at a rest area, a truck stop, the side of the road. Basically, a phone is the least of her worries she is probably more focused on the money she will need for the next fix. Once she enters the vehicle as with anyone else, she is at the mercy of the driver.
I am a 31yo female and drove long haul for 1.5 years. Sex workers are very common but a thing I noticed was that many of them stuck to the same stops regularly. I think many of them turn tricks in the lot without leaving, just from my observation. There is a girl in Laredo that I saw every single time I went to the J there, and I went through trucking school there too so I saw her frequently. There are places in the tv rooms to charge phones and some of the men will get the girls showers, which also have outlets and no set time limit (i bleached and dyed my hair teal-- a 2.5 hour ordeal-- in the love's showers quite a few times.) also, the comments section on the truckerpath app is basically unregulated and drivers frequently leave comments About the Sex workers (and sometimes stop employees.) I don't know if any of this pertains to anything, just thought I'd put it out there.

Oh and my creepy story:
One night I had gone in for a shower and there was a wait so I went to eat. A large man that reminded me of Kevin from the office sat down at a table near me and struck up friendly conversation. I think we talked About the weather. Anyway, when I was done it was still not my turn and I was becoming uncomfortable feeling obligated to continue this conversation so I excused myself and walked around the store for a while. I noticed he watched me and I was partly creeped but also convincing myself that he was just a nice fella. He seemed like the type of guy that wouldn't even curse if he stubbed his toe. Anyway I took one of my famously long showers and walked back to my truck. I had parked in an end spot with a couple empty spots next to me. Now, by 5pm most truck stops are completely packed so I expected a truck there but when I got past the fuel isle the neighboring truck started flashing it's lights at me. It was the guy! He was sitting in his seat. I got in and went to smoke a cigarette and he rolled his window down to talk to me. He tried to start a conversation with me again but this time the things he was saying were just not right at all. He was talking about the lizards and making allusions to crude stuff, then back to being all Mr. Rodgers-y. I'm almost positive he was naked or in underwear but want wearing a shirt. He told me to look at his New cb with color changing lights and also asked for a cig... I felt he was trying to get me to lean or get into his truck. I slept with my doors strapped and a hammer under my pillow that night.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

^ Doesn't really surprise me. I had a weirdo old guy harrassing me at a truckstop because he assumed I was available. Ugh.

Not a sex worker or a truck driver but I have a scary story tell about a truck stop somewhere close to the Alabama/Georgia line. I had taken my sister and her friends to check in for Spring Break in Panama City Beach. Someone over 21 had to sign them in. I stayed a few days and came back alone. I had left around dark to head back to NW Ga. Somewhere in Alabama I stopped at what i thought was just a gas station. It wasn't marked as a truck stop. (I was about 24 at the time, I'm 40 now). I used the restroom and bought a pack of cigs. When getting back on the on ramp,I was behind a truck leaving and one truck was behind me. For several miles they kept me boxed in. No matter which lane I tried they both would swap lanes. Both would speed up and slow down with me. The one behind me kept flashing his lights. I knew my purse wasn't on top of the car, I knew there was no reason for me to stop other than both had seen me in the store. I was terrified. Thus was before cell phones, or at least before they were common and affordable. I had a .22 pistol in the passenger seat cocked and ready if they ran me off the road. I was crying and just SCARED! This went in for about 30 min. I finally just threw the car in low gear and drove down the sside of the grass! After I finally got away, I didn't go under 90 mph or stop til I hit my front door. I have no doubt if they had been able to stop me, I would be dead.

Not a sex worker or a truck driver but I have a scary story tell about a truck stop somewhere close to the Alabama/Georgia line. I had taken my sister and her friends to check in for Spring Break in Panama City Beach. Someone over 21 had to sign them in. I stayed a few days and came back alone. I had left around dark to head back to NW Ga. Somewhere in Alabama I stopped at what i thought was just a gas station. It wasn't marked as a truck stop. (I was about 24 at the time, I'm 40 now). I used the restroom and bought a pack of cigs. When getting back on the on ramp,I was behind a truck leaving and one truck was behind me. For several miles they kept me boxed in. No matter which lane I tried they both would swap lanes. Both would speed up and slow down with me. The one behind me kept flashing his lights. I knew my purse wasn't on top of the car, I knew there was no reason for me to stop other than both had seen me in the store. I was terrified. Thus was before cell phones, or at least before they were common and affordable. I had a .22 pistol in the passenger seat cocked and ready if they ran me off the road. I was crying and just SCARED! This went in for about 30 min. I finally just threw the car in low gear and drove down the sside of the grass! After I finally got away, I didn't go under 90 mph or stop til I hit my front door. I have no doubt if they had been able to stop me, I would be dead.

Stories like this are common, I've seen them on reddit. & A guy followed my sister off of the freeway, she called her guy friends so they were waiting with baseball bats outside when she got to where she was going. The guy following her left.

I'm an exotic dancer/bartender. One of the reasons I've enjoyed WS is it lets me use knowledge I've gained from the bar business & from traveling a lot.

My computer is being wonky. But I'll add info about my close shaves in the future.

It was a weird moment...nothing has ever come close to that! It was an empty corridor and he was an employee and I was alone and young...who knows. I have tried to remember what motel it was and even what state for further research like now. But I really did block it out. Many years later I have wondered if it was similar to that motel handyman who killed a woman, her daughter and daughter's friend in the Northwest somewhere and then another woman in a state park. I can't remember his name but what if it was? Nobody says that to you without meaning (I would hope). I have never heard those words ever again.

Yes, I am a case manager today (dangerous sometimes as well!!) but I really enjoy it.

Do you still drive with your husband? Or have you retired? Wonderful way to see the country and mother nature as well!

The last name of that killer is Staner, he was the brother of Gary Staner who years earlier had been kidnapped and held for years by a sex offender.

MAYBE. But I know that a few of the LISK victims had drug problems. Opiate withdrawal makes you SO sick, so hopeless, that you'll do things you would never do otherwise if it means you can stave off withdrawal.

Imagine the worst flu you've ever had. Fever, sneezing, snotting, coughing, horrible pain all over. Completely unable to sleep, even with sleeping pills. Cannot rest in one position for more than a minute, because you're either freezing or sweaty as hell. Then imagine the most depressed you've ever been. Add it all together, with restless legs, vomiting, and constant severe nausea. (And if you are taking opiates for pain relief, pile your unmedicated severe pain on top of all the rest.) That's the best way I can describe opiate withdrawal. It is harrowing.

NOW imagine that you can feel almost 100% better immediately if you simply take another dose. THAT'S why opiate addiction is so pernicious, and most people keep using just to NOT be sick, rather than to get high. Many addicts who do bad things (like stealing) or dangerous things (like prostitution) for money are motivated almost entirely by the horror of withdrawal.

Of course, "absorbent amounts of money" (good term Stacieinsac!) are a powerful motivator in itself, addiction or not.

In any case, these women's instincts were probably correct, they knew this offer was "off," but they couldn't turn it down, they would be kicking themselves thinking what if the offer were true. Probably rationalized it to themselves somehow, that a murderer wouldn't have so much money to spend, even if they didn't know if the john actually had the money or not. They wanted so badly for it to be true, to get paid so much money for one customer.

(Sorry if this stuff with the withdrawal description seems off-topic, but I want everyone to understand that certain victims' actions make more sense than they seem to on the surface. "How stupid WAS she, how could she think that was a good idea!" is NOT a helpful way to look at this, IMO.)

I was on heavy duty opiates for pain but decided I needed to really know the pain level I was experiencing. I started by tapering myself off and then ran out. You've pretty much described the withdrawal to a T. It was worse than the pain I actually had.

A year later as of today I'm in extreme pain 24/7, not taking opiates and know now that I actually do need medical intervention for my pain.

But I 100% agree that anyone who is a drug addict would see a large sum of money being offered for a date would feel like they hit the jackpot/lottery and would probably let their guard down. I'm fortunate in that I am not a drug addict but rather drug dependent due to a crippling disease that I have. I wanted to reset my body's chemistry to figure out the intensity of my pain and it's bad and getting progressively worse now. But I could understand the mentality of not wanting to go through a withdrawal.

The money is definitely a enticement.....

My close shaves with predatory people in the 15 or so years I've danced all over the States & occasionally accompanied a trucker friend or relative on a trip-

* at a Days Inn in Connecticut some young guy who was rooming across the hall from me & a friend had the front desk put a call through to my room so he could wake me up with a phone call offering weed...it was 5 AM & I hadn't gotten off of work until 2 AM that day. I recall angrily telling him no & putting the phone down. My roomie remarked that she had never heard me get mean until that event. (I'm sure this guy was under the assumption that all exotic dancers are druggies).

* After checking into a Super 8 in Montana, the young guy who ran the front desk was peeking in our window. We didn't say anything about being dancers, we were just two young women alone. We left the next day.

* A guy who saw me at the strip club (he pissed me off when he was in there, we had a confrontation)..... tried to grab me to put me into his car (he saw me in the tourist district of an island & thought he could get away with it). Two bystanders intervened. I'll be forever grateful to those two guardian angels.

After all these years I've learned that people in general get little respect in these situations (victim blaming) & predatory people are usually so good at manipulating a situation that they usually get away with these stunts.

I returned to NW Ohio after being away for many years. I found out that a dear friend of mine from high school had become a sex worker, and her body was found naked, raped, and thrown onto the side of the Ohio Turnpike (I-80) near Toledo in 1978. It wasn't newsworthy then, except for the fact that they identified her as Dietlinde Tudor. The whole horror came back to me while I was binge watching The Killing Season and thinking that they just tumbled to the trucker/serial killer angle within the last twenty years.

I returned to NW Ohio after being away for many years. I found out that a dear friend of mine from high school had become a sex worker, and her body was found naked, raped, and thrown onto the side of the Ohio Turnpike (I-80) near Toledo in 1978. It wasn't newsworthy then, except for the fact that they identified her as Dietlinde Tudor. The whole horror came back to me while I was binge watching The Killing Season and thinking that they just tumbled to the trucker/serial killer angle within the last twenty years.

I'm really very sorry, Rustler. Many truck stop related murders occurred in Ohio around that time. In fact, it's the reason I became interested in researching higheay killings. As far as I know, none, or very few, were solved.

Here's a news blurb about Dietlinde Tudor.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?...AIBAJ&sjid=XAIEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3122,6528395&hl=en

Contrary to what your experience was, I myself am a female truck driver and I am aware of the opposite. I saw a sex worker at a truck stop during my 10 hour re-set. She knocked on my door to my annoyance since I was sleeping, a much needed sleep I maight add. Of course I turned her down and she went on her way. But, when my re-set was over I continued on my route and low and behold, 400 miles down the way, there she was. Wearing the same bikini top she had on in 20 degree weather. I threw her a blanket and told her to warm up and go home. This rings true to another post where I stated that anyone who gets in a truck is at the mercy of the driver. She could have been killed and dumped anywhere along the road and never found. Or at the very least subjected to devious sex acts as a condition of her release at a truck stop rather than along a road side. This unfortunatly is no joke and how it works sometimes. I'm sure she probably didn't choose to be taken to another state 400 miles from her home turf. If in fact it was her home turf. Who knows she may have been father away then I was aware of. Fortunatly she was not at my next stop but hopefully did make it home safely. I have often wondered if she was okay.

Contrary to what your experience was, I myself am a female truck driver and I am aware of the opposite. I saw a sex worker at a truck stop during my 10 hour re-set. She knocked on my door to my annoyance since I was sleeping, a much needed sleep I maight add. Of course I turned her down and she went on her way. But, when my re-set was over I continued on my route and low and behold, 400 miles down the way, there she was. Wearing the same bikini top she had on in 20 degree weather. I threw her a blanket and told her to warm up and go home. This rings true to another post where I stated that anyone who gets in a truck is at the mercy of the driver. She could have been killed and dumped anywhere along the road and never found. Or at the very least subjected to devious sex acts as a condition of her release at a truck stop rather than along a road side. This unfortunatly is no joke and how it works sometimes. I'm sure she probably didn't choose to be taken to another state 400 miles from her home turf. If in fact it was her home turf. Who knows she may have been father away then I was aware of. Fortunatly she was not at my next stop but hopefully did make it home safely. I have often wondered if she was okay.

I am so naive. I didn't even think they would ask female truck drivers. I have so much to learn.

I am so naive. I didn't even think they would ask female truck drivers. I have so much to learn.
They knock on every door down the line, they don't know who's behind the curtain til you answer. Most of the time they'll tell me, "oops wrong truck" but I've also been asked for money for this or that.

Shelly12 very scary reminds of the network of serial killer theory john robert williams mentioned on TKS.

Speaking of him. I don't think he is telling the whole truth. I feel like he is catfishing in the sense that he is giving you just enough to get your attention but not really telling the whole truth. Since he is in prison and a known serial killer, he is able to speak out but also bear in mind that if he is responsible for directing law enforcement to the "group" he refers to it can and will catch up to him. Snitching in prison is not acceptable but snitching on a serial killer group, if they are caught will put him in direct line of being killed himself. That being said, I believe there is some truth to what he said but he down played it. In other words, there is a much larger group of serial killers than he claims there is. There are teams of serial killers communication with one another on a regular basis. Also he is one of them and has been part of this communication process but hasn't copped to it yet and may never do so. As with truckers and sex workers I assume there is a code among them that prevents them from talking about thier crimes and the ruse they use to lure these victims. Where they meet and frequent, where there dumping grounds are, how they kill or prefer to kill, what their perferred type is and why they do what they do. Intimate knowledge of what makes these killers tick. I would like to talk to sex workers that have spent time with him to see if they picked up on anything like this.

I think we need to incorporate Mexico and Canada in our map data. This pattern will likely extend to other countries out side of this continent since truck transportation is world wide. Maybe even extend ViCAP to an international level as well. I believe we are only scratching the surface of this issue. I'm curious to know how many serial killers who have been caught and/or executed, found their victims or at least trolled for a victim in these truck stops. Or even traveled as a truck driver themselves or as a passenger in transit and frequented these areas. Either traveled on these roads at one time and found an ideal dumping ground for themselves or at the very least scouted these areas. The biggest problem I see for any killer is disposal of the body, Right? Why not drive/travel and seek one of these areas out prior to killing or even hunting a victim.
If you know anything about animal behavior they will always have an area where they go to eat the other animals they kill and when they are finished they don't move the carcass somewhere else, they just leave it in a certain spot so they can go back and finish later. This continues until the carcass becomes too 'old' and they move on to the next fresh kill. Again they take the animal to a designated spot and leave it there. Eventually migrating by nessessity.
But humans don't kill for food but still exhibit the same 'hunter' mentality at the serial killer level. Seeking out prey, stalking it, watching it in it's habitat, tracking it, getting as close as possible to it with out detection, making eye contact or briefly engaging the prey before pouncing and finally killing it. In every case the killer is required to move the victim either dead or alive to another spot where the final act is commited (unlike animals not eaten) and discarded. Then back to the hunt again.

I'm not so sure Mexico should be included. American trucks do not cross over and load or unload in Mexico.

How commercial freight works with Mexico is there are birder towns. Take Laredo, TX for example. There are tons of warehouses in the city.

Freight coming from Mexico to the US goes to the warehouses and is unloaded. Before it can cross from Mexico to the US it must clear customs.

Once the freight crosses the border from Mexico, the driver takes it to a warehouse. The freight order is unloaded and stored in the warehouse until a US driver arrives for the order and the order is then loaded in the US trailer.

Up until a few years back drivers from Mexico were not even allowed to drive in the US commercially. They are now but under certain rules and regulations. This means some of the newer murders could be the work of a driver from Mexico. And it is plausible a Mexican driver could commit murder in his own country but not plausible a US driver would be responsible for murders in Mexico.

Maybe we will get lucky here and hear from some drivers from Mexico. Maybe they would be able to help is understand commercial transport better in their country of origin.

Maybe this will help with the West Mesa cases. There has to be some kind of cross over whether it is legal or illegal. I was in Loredo and as you know there is alot of shady stuff down there. Not to mention the randon checks on the highway that runs through there. I for got which one it was but we need to broaden the possible causes by opening up dialog with the illegal side of things as well. Promising to remain annonymous about loads but keeping the eye on the prize of finding a lead to their killers. I think we need this kind of information. Thank you for your post. It was very infomative. I refuse loads down that way due to the danger factor. I have no desire to go there. As you said, understanding how things operate down there may lead us in the right direction or at the very least open up more possibilities to who is responsible for these murders.

I agree that Mexico should not be included. I lived there in a motel for 2 months for trucking school and learned a lot about Laredo, and drivers do drop their loads, pick up an empty, and cross back to Mexico. I don't think it's Mexican serial killers wreaking havoc across the US, if that was the implication, or vice versa. Most US drivers wouldn't cross either, because cartel crime is so bad, and trucks are targeted for their freight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back