UK UK - Christopher Halliwell, suspected serial killer

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/poli...ce-was-found/story-30177151-detail/story.html

But the major search operation came to an end on Friday morning.

Detective Chief Inspector Jeremy Carter, of the Brunel Major Crime Investigation Team, said: "We have meticulously explored the intelligence provided to us and have not discovered any items of significant interest as a result of the search activity undertaken.

"As previously mentioned, this activity was carried out following intelligence received as part of an ongoing investigation by the Brunel Major Crime Investigation Team.

That doesn't surprise me. Burying victims on his own property is not his MO.

And she quickly became convinced that Halliwell was responsible for killing Sally Ann.
She is certain that Halliwell was one of Sallyann's clients, and believes he had been paying her to 'stay in' and spend the entire night with him rather than look for other punters.
Halliwell also did the same with his first known victim, Becky Godden.
Mother-of-four Sally-Anne said: 'I know he did it. *Everything fits and I told police this when they came back to see me again, but they didn't seem interested.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...well-killed-missing-friend.html#ixzz4ajNuvUSd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Did double-murderer taxi driver kill SIXTY women? Detective reveals Christopher Halliwell's twisted 'trophy cabinet' could hold the clues to dozens of unsolved crimes

The detective who helped convict double murderer Christopher Halliwell fears he could have killed or raped up to sixty victims after police unearthed a secret 'trophy cabinet' of women's belongings.

Halliwell, 53, is serving a whole life term after confessing to Detective Superintendent Steve Fulcher that he had killed 20-year-old Becky *Godden.

Now it's emerged that, while searching for evidence of Halliwell's crimes, investigators found a stash of women's clothing, some 15 miles from where Ms O'Callaghan's body was found.

Out of the 60 items, only two have ever been identified - a cardigan worn by Ms Godden and one of Ms O'Callaghan's high-heeled boots.

But DS Fulcher - who has always insisted Halliwell has more victims - believes the stash could be a sick memento of the killer's undiscovered crimes, reflecting a roll call of the women he has targeted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4628212/Did-Christopher-Halliwell-kill-SIXTY-women.html

Are there actually 60 missing women in the right time frame?

There is a suggestion it could be over a period of 30 years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4628212/Did-Christopher-Halliwell-kill-SIXTY-women.html

At the time of his sentence, police said they were 'very, very clear' that he had more victims.

Speaking after, Detective Superintendent Sean Memory said: 'I can't believe that Becky was his first offence, from being a burglar in the 1980s to a murderer in 2003. There was a significant gap in his offending behaviour.

'On top of that, Sian wasn't murdered until 2011 so what happened in the interim eight years?'

Halliwell had already been linked to several other killings and disappearances over the past few decades.

It's not impossible, since nobody knows how many women are missing - we only know about those have have been reported missing. You have to wonder how many women and girls have gone missing with no-one to report their disappearance. Men like Halliwell are all too adept at spotting and exploiting the weak and vulnerable.

However, the suggestion is that up to 60 women might have been raped or murdered. Given that Halliwell is now almost 50, the police should be looking at him for murders going back to 1987 when he would have been 20 or thereabouts, and for rapes for up to 5 years prior to that since he probably committed rape in his teens before graduating to murder.

I am about three thirds of the way through Steve fulchers book, he did great catching Sian and Becky's killer.
I agree there is a huge gap in between the time he killed Becky and Sian. You don't all of a sudden just start killing people, I believe he has killed many more women.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...christopher-halliwell-yorkshire-a7986021.html

Have a grieving mother and an ex-police officer solved the eight-year murder mystery of Claudia Lawrence?

And now Ms Edwards has revealed she has found a witness who claims to have seen Halliwell talking to Claudia shortly before she disappeared.

She told the Mirror, which photographed her meeting with Joan Lawrence: “This witness said he saw Halliwell talking to Claudia through a taxi window.

“Claudia was asking if he had change so she could ring her dad from a call box.”

Swindon may be more than 200 miles from York, but Ms Edwards said the witness statement is strengthened by her earlier discovery that Halliwell had links with the north of England.

Surely the first thing to do would be to try and establish Halliwell's whereabouts on the date in question. There's no mention that this is being investigated.

Surely the first thing to do would be to try and establish Halliwell's whereabouts on the date in question. There's no mention that this is being investigated.

I agree with your post. - When in fact did York begin CCTV. ? I have tried to check came up with this

= http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-23064085

Sadly with no confirmed sightings the police have nothing to go on.? It needs much more in the way of evidence to progress here imo.

Over 600 items found nothing of Becky was found stated by Mr Memory who was on this case & confirmed it was a fly tip . Fulcher was taken off this case within a matter of two weeks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back