Found Deceased CA - Mary Louise Day, 12, Seaside, 1980

Maybe a dumb question, but can we assume that the woman her brother mentioned was claiming to be Mary was confirmed to be her? It's confusing that we have heard about a letter dated 2003 and an (alleged) mitochondrial DNA match presumably dated much later.

ETA: And her Charley profile is still up, which is weird to me if Meghan knew she was alive in 2003.

Maybe her Charley page profile was kept up because she didn't want certain people to know where she was.

Wow, great news, maybe someday we'll know the story.

Maybe a dumb question, but can we assume that the woman her brother mentioned was claiming to be Mary was confirmed to be her? It's confusing that we have heard about a letter dated 2003 and an (alleged) mitochondrial DNA match presumably dated much later.

ETA: And her Charley profile is still up, which is weird to me if Meghan knew she was alive in 2003.

You could ask Meaghan, she's on FB>

Oh my gosh! Wow!

So awesome her brother reached out here and answered some questions. So much is intriguing about this case. How she was recovered in 2003 and somehow remained listed as missing until now, and how little was known about her disappearance, and even more how a 12 year old could run away and survive to adulthood! It's a very vulnerable age to be out on her own, so glad she made it!

I want to hear her story, I would love if she wrote a book on why she left, how she survived, and an update on how she's doing now. Like I said, I'm intrigued!

Thanks to fjallar for sharing their story and keeping his sisters case alive!

what did her brother say or are you talking about the earlier questions he answered here?

I suspect she ran away from a bad home situation and wanted to stay hidden.

I am glad that she came forward at least to eliminate herself as possibilities for UIDs.

How did she manage to survive in such a young age ? How is she doing now? I wish she has a good life

How did she manage to survive in such a young age ? How is she doing now? I wish she has a good life

I wonder the same thing. Too young to get a job. I wonder if this was a situation where outside family was taking care of her.

It looked like there was a lot of confusion regarding this case a few pages back.

Here's some more confusion...
The Doe Network states that she was found deceased in 2003.
In this thread, it's noted that she was found alive in 2003.
Wonder what's up with that?...

Located & Identified Persons 2017
Doenetwork

It looked like there was a lot of confusion regarding this case a few pages back.

Here's some more confusion...
The Doe Network states that she was found deceased in 2003.
In this thread, it's noted that she was found alive in 2003.
Wonder what's up with that?...

Located & Identified Persons 2017
Doenetwork

Wow...good find. I don't know what to think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where is her brother? Does he have any more info? What exactly is the story?

Where is her brother? Does he have any more info? What exactly is the story?

I just searched for her name after I saw the Doe Network updates and thought that it sounded strange. She was a girl that went missing when I was a baby. Then she was "found" (in some way or another almost 15-yrs ago. Then they just now announce it...

I couldn't find anything about her other than this thread and (archived and very scant) MP profiles on DoeNet and Charley Project.
If her brother (or any other family member) sees this, please let us know whether she was found or whether her remains were found.

I'd posted a question about MLD on the Charley Project's blog and here is what Meaghan said in her reply:
...LE had notified me she’d been found but didn’t say dead or alive.

So it seems like whatever happened to her is just as big of a mystery as it was before she was "found" in 2003.

I wonder if LE actually contacted Doe Network about her or not. I assumed that they perhaps saw that she was noted as being located on Charley, but they somehow got the dead/alive part wrong. Who knows?

Ok, something is seriously off here. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this. Why is LE being so sketchy and why isn't her brother filling us in?

Because we don't truly know what happened to her or what LE even knows about her case, here are her MP profiles since they were removed once she was noted to have been "found."

Mary Louise Day (Doe Network)

Mary Louise Day (Charley Project)

They're basically the same thing, but Doe Network lists an alternative date for when she "could" have gone missing. It was just a year or so after her "official" missing date. That means 1981, so it was still ages ago.
It also has another pic of her where she looks more her age. She probably just looks older in the other one because it looks kinda like a school picture (i.e. some thing you'd get dressed up for).

Some of you on here have been wondering what happened to my sister Mary for the last decade or more. You were all right...some horrible stuff went down which is why there was so little info on her. If youd like to know the rest: Go to CBS 48 Hours: What happened to Mary Day? Airdate May 2, 2020. Thank you all for keeping your eyes open for us.....s

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal
Back