VA VA - Keir, 34, & Chloe Johnson, 8 mos, Hampton, 30 April 2017

I don't think the number of posts indicates the level of interest. I've been watching this case since the day it was posted, but with no further information to sleuth, what can we do?

An updated flyer from Aware. Sadly nothing new.
5ec9a10cec078f7f7b19bd68bd2ade31.jpg

A quick bump because this case has all but disappeared from the media. I'm not seeing any updates since the first of the month and those just recap what we already know.

Nada on this Keir's case. Zip, zilch. And on a case LE waited over a week to issue an Amber Alert. Like that was going to do a lot of good over a week later. I hope something comes up soon. Maybe the forensics from her car.

What do police know that isn't being made public? This is a BABY and young mom! I think of them daily....I'm originally from this area :(

The case has been taken over by Newport News PD from Hampton. Probably because that is where her car was found. But still no news. I am believing the worst about Keir, but the infant, Chloe? Whatever this person or persons wanted from Keir or whatever perceived wrong they believed, Chloe is innocent. That part is truly disturbing. Yeah, I live not far away and I'm not even seeing the electronic billboards anymore. No news. When NNPD took over there was no press conference to the best of my recollection.

Adding to my concerns: This is the same PD handling - or not - the Kathleen Haley case where they have a possible sketch.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/haley_kathleen.html

Was the baby's car seat found in the car? I don't remember now if it was mentioned.

Bump. Thinking of Keir and Chloe. Hope they are found soon.

(Info on cases including Keir and Chloe Johson-
Nothing new just how many people and hours involved investigating.
Also, asking for anyone with info to call the crime line.)

One of the cases Myers discussed was Keir and Chloe Johnson — the Hampton mother and daughter who have been missing since early May.

Myers said a total of 19 people from six divisions have investigated the case since Newport News took over the case in mid-May. More than 2,500 hour have been spent investigating Keir and Chloe Johnson’s case, according to Myers.

Hampton police say the two were last seen April 30, leaving their home on Hastings Drive.

An Amber Alert was issued in May for 8-month-old Chloe Johnson, before it later expired. Hampton Police Chief Terry Sult said an Amber Alert was not immediately issued because they did not have information indicating there was an abduction.

The two were still considered missing and endangered after the Amber Alert expired — in accordance with policy.

The car Keir Johnson may have been driving was found in Newport News Mother’s Day morning, about 10 miles from her home.

Myers issued a plea of information to the public Wednesday, for anyone with information on Keir and Chloe Johnson to call the Crime Line.

Police are continuing to work in conjunction with local, state and federal agencies on this case. Myers did not take questions Wednesday on Keir and Chloe Johnson.

http://wavy.com/2017/07/12/newport-news-police-july-media-briefing/amp/

Thanks for that, Lisa. I thought that maybe they'd been found on the downlow and for some reason it wasn't being publicized. I guess they're still missing. I still don't get this...no more publicity for a missing infant and mommy? I was in the area last week & they were on my mind a lot.

I'm friends with one of Keir's cousin's on twitter and as of this morning they have not been found. I shared the link to this page with her so she could see the discussion and am trying to do a bit of a push on their MP cases on social media. I'm hoping that there will be renewed interest in finding a young mom and her baby.

Thanks for that, Lisa. I thought that maybe they'd been found on the downlow and for some reason it wasn't being publicized. I guess they're still missing. I still don't get this...no more publicity for a missing infant and mommy? I was in the area last week & they were on my mind a lot.
My thoughts go to the father of Chloe. I need to go back and read again whether he is/was in their life. Paying child support?

I'm friends with one of Keir's cousin's on twitter and as of this morning they have not been found. I shared the link to this page with her so she could see the discussion and am trying to do a bit of a push on their MP cases on social media. I'm hoping that there will be renewed interest in finding a young mom and her baby.

The lack of public interest is mind blowing. A young mother and her baby are gone. I do hate to think that the lack of information is because the timing of her missing might have an impact on the tourist season ? I really don't believe that but other than that it is because she is a black woman? Why are people not demanding attention to this missing child and her mom?

Bump for this sweet baby and mama.

:bump: for Chloe and Keir. Over a month with no updates :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa