IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
The link to the video of DN speaking is not allowed, therefore discussion of that same video is off-limits and related posts have been removed.

It is against TOS to question moderation on the threads. If you have concerns about a moderation decision by Tricia or Mods/Admin, please message them privately rather than derailing the flow of conversation.

Thanks.

BASHING WS ADMINISTRATORS and MODERATORS, and THEIR ACTIONS

Posting in a thread to comment on, question, or criticize moderator or administrator action is not allowed. Please utilize the board’s Private Message function or email to contact staff if you wish to discuss these issues. As long as you bring up your concerns maturely and civilly to the moderator or administrator in question, we will do our best to address your concerns fairly and promptly.

Here are the “Dos” and “Don’ts” of addressing your concerns to moderators or administrators:

Do be civil and polite. Bring up your concerns in a mature and respectful manner. If you are contacting us because you violated forum guidelines, be adult enough to admit your mistake. If your ID has been locked for some reason, talking politely to us about it in private, via e-mail or private message, can get your ID reinstated in many cases.

Do not be derogatory or insulting towards us. You will not get what you want by name calling or bashing us.

All we ask is that you treat us the way you would want us to treat you. If you treat us with respect, we will do the same for you.

Realize that a lot goes on behind the scenes. If you are thinking to yourself "Those moderators are either total idiots or they know something I do not", it's safe to assume we know something you do not.

IMO I know some of us here followed the murder case of the two Iowa cousins of several yrs ago and are saddened/disappointed by the lack of resolution...that Justice for these precious girls is still pending. Given that it took months for their remains to be found probably contributed to lack of dna and possibly lack of cause of death. (sorry, I no longer recall.)

Unlike the Iowa case, LG and AW were discovered the day aft they went missing and therefore should show dna and cause of death both of which are valuable to LE. On top of that... LG provided them with images (showing face & body) of their killer plus a soundtrack of his Voice !! For those reasons alone, Justice simply HAS to be served. moo

Imho, LE feels the same way...

Latest shirt design to help raise funds for the Softball & Performing Arts Complex in Abby & Libby's Memory

attachment.php

https://stores.inksoft.com/libbyandabby

Attachments

• 500.png
    500.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 454
Does Indiana use familial DNA? Does anyone here know for sure one way or the other?

Not sure about Indiana, but the technology is there.

This is a long post, and I am learning myself. Hope others here, too, find it interesting.

Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) is a computer database of DNA profiles used to solve crimes across the United States. In Indiana, DNA profiles obtained from the following categories can be entered into CODIS by the Indianapolis Marion County Forensic Services Agency: crime scene evidence, missing persons and unidentified human remains. The purpose of the database is to generate investigative leads. Not all cases are considered CODIS eligible. CODIS is maintained at the national level by the Federal Bureau of Investigation which has requirements to determine the eligibility of a DNA profile for CODIS entry. A continued “life of crime” or the high incidence of recidivism in criminals is the concept upon which the DNA database program is based. If a convicted offender’s profile matches crime scene evidence, this can identify a potential suspect(s). The database can also link multiple unsolved crimes to identify serial offenses and connect agencies who can then work together in the investigation. Finally, CODIS can be used to identify human remains by matching them to missing persons or to their biological relatives. To maximize the value of this program, biological evidence from unsolved crimes and missing persons cases must be analyzed and the DNA profile developed is entered into CODIS.

http://www.indy.gov/eGov/County/FSA/Documents/Codis.pdf

As of February 2017, NDIS contains more than 12 million offender profiles, more than 2.5 million arrestee profiles and more than 750 thousand forensic profiles. The effectiveness of CODIS is measured by the number of investigations aided through database hits. As of February 2017, CODIS has aided in over 350 thousand investigations and produced more than 365 thousand hits. Each state has their own SDIS database and each state can set their own inclusionary standards that can be less strict than the national level. For this reason, a number of profiles that are present in state level databases are not in the national database and are not routinely searched across state lines.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_DNA_Index_System

NDIS= National DNA Index System

All that to say, there is some effort, led by the FBI, to develop a DNA cataloging system to help investigators with crimes committed across the nation. I am not seeing in the links I looked at tonight anything about particular about familial DNA testing being a part of this network, and it it might not be ethical to do so, but I do think the capability is there, based on other cases I have read about, and the statement I bolded above.

THANK YOU Jabarn.
If there is DNA from the scene and familial DNA is not yet used in Indiana, the families can try to get legislature to pass it. This happened recently in a NY case. The case of Karina Vetrano. The family got it passed, through their tireless efforts. Her alleged killer was caught right before the legislation passed, through a regular DNA match and has since confessed,

Does Indiana use familial DNA? Does anyone here know for sure one way or the other?

Are you wondering about someone related to one of the girls or someone related to DN or someone being in the system already, related to BG?

How ironic is it that a guy with reddish brown hair, large nose, large bridge of nose with far apart eyes, homeless, registered sex offender, wife beater, from Indiana, just happened to be found in Colorado wielding a hatchet around threatening people and seen driving around the scene after a man was murdered? How ironic is that? C'mon people!

About DN being or not being BG due to either looks or voice ruling him out, there is still a chance that BG and down the hill guy are not the same.

If his looks rule him out, he could still be the man on audio.

Or if his voice rules him out, he could still be the man in the video still.

The cops may now know if BG and down the hill guy are the same, however to my knowledge they have not issued a statement confirming they are certain it’s the same person in both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think the bail lowering is to avoid any accusations of unfairness and rail roading down the road. To make him "even" with other similar perpetrators..also with all this media attention etc...to avoid any possible law suits against LE in the future should their hunch not play out.

I know I sound like a goof, but bad stuff can go down in court over presumption of innocence etc.

maybe it could even be a tactic..to loosen him up a little, make him think he can get out , make him think they don't have him..like cheer him up a little so he'll start running his mouth.

they would have to be nuts to bond this guy out..just like that. ..god I hope like heck he doesn't get out. I feel like he's public enemy number one.

maybe they are dialing it back for these reasons..what other possible reason could they have, other than the high bail looks prejudicial?

I don't believe for one minute he has a dopleganger running around under bridges with a limp and lisping like toothless wino in a one hundred mile radius of these disgusting murders, so I am just going to see what plays..

wonder if someone would give KN the money..would she bail him? I bet not..( telling in imo )

sometimes judges have to do these things. they may not like it, but in the record will stand, and they have to think about that and how it plays on the big picture..

letting him make bail will be a huge error..because he is a danger to society , a trained killer , a menace, a crime machine.
and I for one don't ever want to run in to him at a rest area or on a trail.

MOO

Thank you so much U2forever <3 Your sentiments are much appreciated. I felt the need to share that so people understand that I am speaking from a place of tragic knowledge & experience. I understand the way KN is speaking & her body language. While I feel she is covering up something, she is somewhat in denial. I refuse to blame my mother for the hurt that was caused over her death & I feel as though KN is in that position with DN as well. Once we blame the people that hurt us, I believe there will be a mental break. It’s easier to detach ourselves from the trauma than it is to reopen the wound & completely break down. It’s just the way we protect ourselves. AJMOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're not factoring in her willingness, almost eagerness, to do the interviews and speak publicly.

She's not so traumatized and detached that she is unable to speak, or is reluctant to speak, or wishing not to relive the trauma, or wishing to be left alone, or wishing to avoid it all, or seeking privacy to deal with getting her kids back.

There isn't a naive, forthright or brutally honest answer. It's all carefully chosen words to maintain ambiguity, and the typical terminology of a professional victim.

I'd dearly love to think that LE has identified and caught the monster responsible for this crime but I can't see how it could be DN. If he didn't have a car, how would he be in the woods in Delphi committing a heinous, bloody murder on the 13th and with his wife in Morgan County on the 14th? BG had to be bloody and wet from the creek. Any trucker picking up a bloody, wet hitchhiker would surely say something by now. And DN's wife said he doesn't own clothes like BG is wearing. BG doesn't look homeless, to me.

She's not very clear about whether he had access to her car that day or not. "Can't remember... maybe when I was asleep... ", she is all over the place with providing an alibi for him that day. It can't be lost on her that if she says anything concrete, and he is later charged, that she may be considered an accessory if she confirms anything.

Article from Oct. 22. So again, why would she not have custody?

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...-nations-involved-delphi-homicides/788115001/

Speaking out extensively about the accusations for the first time, Katelyn was direct Wednesday: "I'll talk about anything but my kids." The children are in the custody of social services, she said.

Living in your car with your kids, while your husband threatens people on a hiking path is good reason to remove the kids from the situation until the abiility to make sound judgement is demonstrated.

It&#8217;s another oddity, and maybe why she put herself out there with the YouTube guys and the interview with the MSM. She&#8217;s playing the cards about her kids close to the vest.

There def is info the public isn&#8217;t privy, but the length of time since the media reported him as a POI until today seems long to me without any kind of filing in IN.

IMO.

He's not going anywhere though.

If they need a confession or a slip of the tongue from him to solidify the case, what better way to get it than lay no charges, say nothing, and let him feel confident to speak his mind to anyone who will listen?

If he bonds out, that might trigger charges.

LE was very short and sweet with their wording. Nothing that says it's him or clears him. Then silent. That sounds like balancing honesty with the public, and tactical downplaying.

If they need a confession or a slip of the tongue from him to solidify the case, what better way to get it than lay no charges, say nothing, and let him feel confident to speak his mind to anyone who will listen?

LE was very short and sweet with their wording. Nothing that says it's him or clears him. Then silent. That sounds like balancing honesty with the public, and tactical downplaying.

you said that so much better than I did, this is exactly my feeling on this..and the silence speaks volumes..i hope he's celebrating and talking ****..hope and pray. MOO

I wonder if someone remembers:

After DN was arrested in CO and interest in him as the Delphi killer started up around 9/26-8, at some point in the news it was noted that he said that --- he never heard of the Delphi murders until he was in the CO jail.
I cant find the reference, I wonder if someone else does.

After DN was arrested in CO and interest in him as the Delphi killer started up around 9/26-8, at some point in the news it was noted that he said that --- he never heard of the Delphi murders until he was in the CO jail.

But didn't his wife say that they watched the news about the murdered girls together?
I think DN is lying about this, which is suspicious!

He is an effective liar, he mollifies authorities with his wide eyed, "what me" appearance. The Marines held on to him after public exposure, a couple of times-- he convinced someone it wasn't as bad as it seemed, and that it wasn't the real him. I don't think its likely he will slip up, blab or confess.

I dont recall there being any quoted comments of DN at all at the time of his arrest. And I dont believe KN was talking then either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal