IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree 100%, and like others here I so wanted for there to be a DN connection, but now believe it is virtually impossible. The DN deal almost turned in to something akin to the early frenzy over RL. DN and KN have no connections to Delphi, and there is no indication eithr have ever been there, even. Like people who are familiar with Delphi, live there, live in Indy, etc., there has to be a reason for someone to want to go there. Family, special event, auction, drug activity, etc. It's not a tourist draw, and there is very little industry/jobs in the community, anymore.

I don't believe I've shared this before here, but I went to Delphi this past Summer.

Part 1

My observations line up with the YT videos done by the nice guy who had bought a motorcycle this past year, and was tooling around on the roads in and around Delphi, the same roads I traveled in my car. Delphi is a very nice small town, some of the scenery along Deer Creek, at creek level, is amazing during the warmer months.

I do not recommend that anyone go there, a few times I wondered if I was being watched, and one specific instance on my way to the cemetery on W 300 N a woman walking her dog along there spotted my vehicle, she definitely noticed me. Anyone not from there (300 N especially) will stick out to people who live along there by the trail. I turned into the cemetery and poked around, some. I'd imagine a lot of folks there are still on edge, and then there are folks who are upset by the tourism caused by the murders, which is understandable.

I'll try to give a quick synopsis of what the general area around the bridge is like, I did not go to the bridge, itself. I wouldn't recommend it, really. The killer (or killers) has/have not been caught, and there has been drug activity (meth lab) along the lower trail area, the trail which leads to the creek just west of the bridge. So it's not just BG I'm a little leery of, or an associate or whatever, my hunch is the Monon High Bridge. By meth lab I mean a small, makeshift one.

It is very quiet along W 300 N, the only loud sounds I heard were from the very busy Norfolk Southern tracks just west of the bridge. They'll blow their horns for the at-grade crossing(s) through town, rather loud as the sound is magnified due to the fact that Delphi kinda sits in a "bowl" earth formation. Otherwise, I heard bugs. CSX owns the bridge, which to a railroad enthusiast like me can be a little confusing. I paced a train just north of Delphi on 25, it appears they're allowed to go roughly 65 MPH. My hunch is not a lot of trains actually stop or move slowly through there. The CSX line was a local track which originated at a switch on the main line, and ended up down around Indy (probably at a rail yard for the MRR back in the day), but now the track just runs a short distance north of Indy. The switch was in Delphi, north side of town, you can see where it was on Google maps.

i drove W 300 N, to N 450 W, which is a very scenic along there, especially the creek crossing at the historic bridge. Looks like a popular fishing spot. This is at one of the bends in the creek, east of the MHB, you cannot see the bridge from there.

Thanks, dude. Appreciated your insight when you gave it at the time, appreciate it just as much now.

For me, I HAVE to have that concrete evidence that he was ever in Delphi. Saying, "Well, he might have been in Delphi because he worked at a pig farm..." to me isn't the same as saying "On such-and-such date he was responsible for driving X amount of pigs to slaughter in Delphi..." Conjecture is one thing but I feel that sometimes we're trying to stretch things just to fit a certain certain that may or may not be true.

The bridge cannot be seen from the South, either. So we've covered N, S, and E, on the map. The bridge is hidden from sight. I tried accessing the bridge area from Riley park in town, this is impossible, unless someone wants to get very wet. The only way to get near it now is to park at the Freedom Bridge, walk across it, and follow the old railroad RoW trail, which branches off into two trails, one to the bridge, the other to the creek just west of it.

It cannot be seen from any direction, on the lands which are set above (what I call "the lay of the land"), it sets way below some surrounding lands, and then there is the factor of the private properties around there. So the only way the bridge can be seen is if you're right by it, say in the creek cut through there (glacial cut), on one of the private properties, or on the trail leading to the bridge.

This explains perfectly to me why A) RL was befuddled, he's lived there 50 years and never was there a murder there, and B) Locals interviewed right after the murders had no idea the bridge is there, or maybe at the most had only heard about it. Besides, technically it's private property, still owned by CSX.

You have to "know" it's there, It's easy to miss (the sign set back from the road, indicating the blocked off area which was the parking lot (on private land)) on W 300 N, there are no signs for it on S.R. 25, nor are there any signs for it on local roads, and there never have been. You have to know it's there.

I'm back to BG being more local. He's familiar with the bridge and park area, maybe even has been involved in the drug trade around there. JMO

I've been saying this in my posts on here as well.

Been familiar with Delphi for almost 40 years now. Grew up playing in the park, on the trails, and around the bridge. Still have family that lives there and still visit regularly. You have to KNOW that the bridge is there and you kind of have to know how to get there. There are local people who have either forgotten about it or didn't really know about it to begin with. (Or have a vague recollection of it but couldn't tell you where it is.)

Someone not familiar with the area would probably not wind up there. There are far better places for drugs/homeless people that were more convenient to DN's known location at the time.

You mentioned meth labs...I've stumbled upon the remnants of portable meth labs there. Mostly bleach bottles and stuff, half-heartedly covered with scattered leaves.

Falling Down-

Thank you for you documenting your trip for us.

I echo what you and mtnlites are saying about the killer being aware of the bridge and the lay of the land.

Your observations also bolster my own research about who BG could be.

Before Daniel Nations arrest the ISP and CaCo Sherrifs indicated they were making progress -
They had not yet finished processing the crime scene -- I think this means they were analysing trace and DNA from every remotely involved leaf from the forest floor. Every elimination is step in the right direction.

DN is probably not in their direct sights as so little activity is evidently being directed from them in court -- but without an alibi he will never be cleared until the killer is caught. IMHO DN commits crimes with such impunity he is still a good lead, an unusual boldness is a feature of his crimes.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION
DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT A REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER YOU MUST GET PERMISSION FIRST. Please send a PM to a moderator to gain that permission.

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.
DO NOT SLEUTH DN's friends, family, former neighbors, employers, etc. Discuss what is available about DN via media and LE
:bump:

Respectfully snipped for brevity, Color by me:

I don't see anywhere in the thread that this specific rule has been changed.

Some posts/screenshots regarding documents filed in the probate/estate of Liberty German have been removed.

the probate of Liberty German and/or Abigail Williams are off limits. the routine handling of estate matters of our minor victims has nothing to do with the criminal case and will not be allowed in this discussion.

You can discuss anything about KN in the MSM or from KN directly via interviews. Anything gleaned from other sources (social media/public records/etc) is off limits.

This question is sincere---not intending to rock the boat. Would KN's own posts on February 13 of this year be
included, or not? Seeing them has been a real eye opener! Yes, it's social media---yet it's her voice at the time, exactly the time. Definitely would be admitted into court I'd think? And, discussion of whether or not would help...

This question is sincere---not intending to rock the boat. Would KN's own posts on February 13 of this year be
included, or not? Seeing them has been a real eye opener! Yes, it's social media---yet it's her voice at the time, exactly the time. Definitely would be admitted into court I'd think? And, discussion of whether or not would help...

I'm guessing probably not, since Tricia's reply stated interviews or MSM and expressivly prohibited social media. But others may have different interpretations of that.

Before Daniel Nations arrest the ISP and CaCo Sherrifs indicated they were making progress -
They had not yet finished processing the crime scene -- I think this means they were analysing trace and DNA from every remotely involved leaf from the forest floor. Every elimination is step in the right direction.

The landowner, where the girls were found, stated that the area “was pristine” when he was interviewed by a local news organization. That statement from him would support your theory that LE took everything from the forest floor. IMO
snipped by me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is interested....

Monday, November 6th:
*Prelim Hearing @ 1:30pm PT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K.
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. A hearing was held on Nov. 1st; held on $6.8K bond; next hearing on menacing charges Nov. 29th "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
Any news on this?

The rules on social media are covered HERE: and those rules prohibit sleuthing a non POI/Suspect. Discussing someone's public comments to press is ok. Creeping on a non-POI/suspect's social media (set to public or private) is considered sleuthing and is not allowed. So KN's social media is completely off limits, her own words or not. The only exception is references to particular comments on social media that have been covered by the MSM - see the following for example:

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — A social media post has caught the attention of the Indiana State Police officers handling the Delphi double murder case.

The Facebook posts claims to be from Katelyn Nations, wife of Daniel Nations, the 31-year-old man arrested in Colorado last month and considered a potential suspect in the Delphi murders in February.

The post claims an impending divorce and disgust at Daniel Nations. State police Sgt. Kim Riley told 24-Hour News 8 he is aware of it, but couldn’t confirm if it’s really from Katelyn Nations or if the content in it is true. http://wishtv.com/2017/10/05/facebook-post-raises-new-questions-in-delphi-double-murders/

new thread is ready for you. Please move to Thread #74 - this one will close soon.

Watch your step, pack up and move over now, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley