Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
However he has not seen Mariah in over a year. Alligator tears?

I do believe him but I also question his intentions. A good time to give it to his ex?

TV time for him and his girlfriend?

I donno but I'm not convinced anybody in this family had these childrens best interests.
I think it's unfair to suggest he's not genuinely worried, upset, and grieving. He has tried to see his kids but the system for fighting the issue is not affordable. If he did not care, he would not have taken them for a month and tried to get custody.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Is it pretty standard operating procedure in a potential abduction to focus all of the search efforts near the child's home? I know typically stats suggest most abducted children who end up murdered are murdered within 3-6 hours of the abduction, but I haven't been able to find any stats regarding where the child is typically found if murdered as far as distance from the abduction site.

I know the likelihood is far higher that a parent or someone she knew is responsible and at the top of the list as far as stats go. And I'd imagine a child wandering away from the house and getting lost that way is probably pretty high up there too. Stranger abduction would be down at the very bottom of the list of likely scenarios, so I guess it might be normal to focus the investigation on the most likely scenarios and work the abduction scenario in the background.

If someone knows or has the stats, I'd love to see them. I don't follow many missing kids cases, because I get too upset.

So someone could have 3-4 hours to come up with a plan before getting Mariah out of the house?

I know there were several time when I've carried in kids that I've left the door open because I didn't get it shut with the hip bounce or a gentle foot push the first time. I could also see someone not wanting to wake up the house leaving the door open as well. My ex lived in an older trailer and shutting the door was loud. The walls were thin and interior walls not insulated, so it let the sound travel fairly well. But I could also see that as part of a plan to make it look like someone entered the home and abducted Mariah.

Also who the heck is up at 3 or 4 am watching someone's back door? Does the trailer have a light over/beside the back door?

Does anyone actually know exactly what clothing their children have and in the panic of dealing with a missing child, would a parent have the time/mental clarity to go through the clothing to know if anything was missing? I could probably be shown a picture of one of my kids' clothing items and recognize it, but I doubt I could go through a dresser or closet and pick out something missing. If I could, I would save a lot of time and stress in the mornings when one of the girls can't find a very specific thing she absolutely has to wear that day.

BBM

Funny you should mention that. Nancy Grace said the same, but then admitted that she gets up every morning around 3am, checks on everyone in the house, then goes back to bed. Whaddaya know?

I also know that some menopausal women get up at all hours of the night, can't sleep, etc.

(I get up at 3:15 every morning for work BTW. But it's not to gaze out the window!)

I'm not convinced Mariah disappeared from the trailer when they said she did. Not one piece of evidence and they are finding nothing in their search.

I'm thinking items sent out for testing would be clothing found on the floor and also bedding. Sometimes those items tell a sad tale.

I am still waiting for anybody to come forward to say when Mariah was last seen by anybody other than mom and boyfriend.

I can't remember but was anything found when Elizabeth Smart, Polly Klass or Jessica Lunsford went missing? Did any dogs pick up a scent?

Sorry!! I'm sure that reminder was meant for me. :). I thought I had, but am new to the forum & seem to be making newbie errors. Apologies all!

Thanks & Welcome to WS. It is great to have so many newbies. There is absolutely no need to apologize.

My comment wasn't directed at anyone specific...many people forget (us old timers included, lol)...but when peeps read backwards it gets really confusing.

Sadly that would backfire. I did just that, I was at the court filing emergency order after emergency order and writing letter after letter, my ex's attorney turned this all around on me and made me look like a crazy person out to get my ex. I turned into being the unstable one, it was not until my children got to speak the judge saw I was telling the truth. My ex was so abusive and the judge felt the stories where to far fetched. There was one point where I saw my kids on the weekends only, I thought I would die, I considered kidnapping them. Every weekend they cried and begged not to go back to their father, it was the worst 3 months of my life. I even called child protective services and this also got me no where, they closed the case within days. My ex even had a record for beating me multiple times. Non of this mattered, the judge believed my ex. I had pictures and police reports, still didn't matter. But I fought and fought and finally won and now my kids are safe and happy and at peace.

I'm sorry you had to go through that..it sounds like my exact story I am dealing with

Is it pretty standard operating procedure in a potential abduction to focus all of the search efforts near the child's home? I know typically stats suggest most abducted children who end up murdered are murdered within 3-6 hours of the abduction, but I haven't been able to find any stats regarding where the child is typically found if murdered as far as distance from the abduction site.

I know the likelihood is far higher that a parent or someone she knew is responsible and at the top of the list as far as stats go. And I'd imagine a child wandering away from the house and getting lost that way is probably pretty high up there too. Stranger abduction would be down at the very bottom of the list of likely scenarios, so I guess it might be normal to focus the investigation on the most likely scenarios and work the abduction scenario in the background.

If someone knows or has the stats, I'd love to see them. I don't follow many missing kids cases, because I get too upset.

So someone could have 3-4 hours to come up with a plan before getting Mariah out of the house?

I know there were several time when I've carried in kids that I've left the door open because I didn't get it shut with the hip bounce or a gentle foot push the first time. I could also see someone not wanting to wake up the house leaving the door open as well. My ex lived in an older trailer and shutting the door was loud. The walls were thin and interior walls not insulated, so it let the sound travel fairly well. But I could also see that as part of a plan to make it look like someone entered the home and abducted Mariah.

Also who the heck is up at 3 or 4 am watching someone's back door? Does the trailer have a light over/beside the back door?

Does anyone actually know exactly what clothing their children have and in the panic of dealing with a missing child, would a parent have the time/mental clarity to go through the clothing to know if anything was missing? I could probably be shown a picture of one of my kids' clothing items and recognize it, but I doubt I could go through a dresser or closet and pick out something missing. If I could, I would save a lot of time and stress in the mornings when one of the girls can't find a very specific thing she absolutely has to wear that day.
Easy. I tend to wake up between 2:30 and 3:30 am with migraines. You wake with some sort of pain, you often end up in front of the kitchen sink and window to get a glass of water and medication. As you're drinking it, you see what's going on outside the window.

I've seen plenty of things just walking by my window that I would have missed an instant later (such as my neighbor's ex-husband climbing into an upstairs window when she was out of town). I'm not nosy and I tend to have no idea what my neighbors get up to, but coincidences do happen.

Sadly that would backfire. I did just that, I was at the court filing emergency order after emergency order and writing letter after letter, my ex's attorney turned this all around on me and made me look like a crazy person out to get my ex. I turned into being the unstable one, it was not until my children got to speak the judge saw I was telling the truth. My ex was so abusive and the judge felt the stories where to far fetched. There was one point where I saw my kids on the weekends only, I thought I would die, I considered kidnapping them. Every weekend they cried and begged not to go back to their father, it was the worst 3 months of my life. I even called child protective services and this also got me no where, they closed the case within days. My ex even had a record for beating me multiple times. Non of this mattered, the judge believed my ex. I had pictures and police reports, still didn't matter. But I fought and fought and finally won and now my kids are safe and happy and at peace.

My heart breaks for you. What's the matter with these courts? Really what's a parent to do if the system is against you.

Reminded me of Dylan Redwine who should have never been made to visit his father. He even went in the judges chambers and told about that horrible father.

Now Dylan is dead.

I'm so glad you finally won. Give them extra hugs and tell them a lot of people do care and are working hard of bad systems.

My heart breaks for you. What's the matter with these courts? Really what's a parent to do if the system is against you.

Reminded me of Dylan Redwine who should have never been made to visit his father. He even went in the judges chambers and told about that horrible father.

Now Dylan is dead.

I'm so glad you finally won. Give them extra hugs and tell them a lot of people do care and are working hard of bad systems.

(Sigh...)

(I recently posted in Dylan's thread a 5 Year Anniversary story...he would have been 18...Elaine and Dylan's best friends came together and celebrated his life, remembering him...his friends were talking about what a big effect he and all of this was on their lives (paraphrasing)...)

BBM

Funny you should mention that. Nancy Grace said the same, but then admitted that she gets up every morning around 3am, checks on everyone in the house, then goes back to bed. Whaddaya know?

I also know that some menopausal women get up at all hours of the night, can't sleep, etc.

(I get up at 3:15 every morning for work BTW. But it's not to gaze out the window!)

I have insomnia and can be up until 3, 4am some nights. You can bet your bippy I'm looking out the window at any noise or rustling. The only thing I miss living on a big property now is being able to spy on my neighbors. I probably shouldn't admit that...but I'm nosy.

Regarding Victim Friendly and Non Sleuthing of Family ( victims, until otherwise noted by LE )

It's very easy to want to sleuth all the family members. I do understand and when I joined WS ( for Baby Lisa and Dylan Redwine) the idea of NOT sleuthing the family seemed ridiculous to me. It's a very hard rule to understand sometimes. I have now seen many cases where it seemed very obvious who was responsible and we were all wrong. So it's a good thing that RULE was in place. It's probably the most important rule at WS.

I 'll give you an example. A few years ago there was a case similar to this. Child missing from mobile home, middle of the night. It does not happen that often and it's easy to guess who the most logical ' suspect' is. In that case the dad gave some interviews and seemed very odd, said odd things, odd body language and even had a really questionable history that really made him a ' perfect' suspect. Many accusatory posts were removed and many warnings issued. Turns out dad was innocent and the perp was a neighbor. In the mean time dad was raked over the coals in a very, nasty way. There is nothing that can be done about social media but on this forum, he was protected. He was innocent and lost his child and should not have to be subjected to any extra stress in that situation.

I , for one, would not want to be saying ugly things about a grieving parent, even if my intention was good. Choose your words carefully in case you have to eat them.

ETA I am in no way suggesting this case will end up in a similar fashion, not by any stretch of the imagination. Just wanting to clear it up for newer members who are unsure why that rule is in place.

U2 - I have followed your posts whenever possible and have a pretty good understandable of what u went thru as well. Horrible. We are sisters in survivorhood. Luv u! Off to find my tissues....thanks for weighing in. I really needed it,

Thank you, Blondie!

Hugs to both of you and to all the others out there. :luv::luv::luv::luv::luv:

Regarding Victim Friendly and Non Sleuthing of Family ( victims, until otherwise noted by LE )

It's very easy to want to sleuth all the family members. I do understand and when I joined WS ( for Baby Lisa and Dylan Redwine) the idea of NOT sleuthing the family seemed ridiculous to me. It's a very hard rule to understand sometimes. I have now seen many cases where it seemed very obvious who was responsible and we were all wrong. So it's a good thing that RULE was in place. It's probably the most important rule at WS.
I 'll give you an example. A few years ago there was a case similar to this. Child missing from mobile home, middle of the night. It does not happen that often and it's easy to guess who the most logical ' suspect' is. In that case the dad gave some interviews and seemed very odd, said odd things, odd body language and even had a really questionable history that really made him a ' perfect' suspect. Many accusatory posts were removed and many warnings issued. Turns out dad was innocent and the perp was a neighbor. In the mean time dad was raked over the coals in a very, nasty way. There is nothing that can be done about social media but on this forum, he was protected. He was innocent and lost his child and should not have to be subjected to any extra stress in that situation.
I , for one, would not want to be saying ugly things about a grieving parent, even if my intention was good. Choose your words carefully in case you have to eat them.

This was a great reminder - thank you!

Now Dylan is dead.

YES YES YES and sadly Mariah is another story of a child the system has been involved with and now she's Missing. Once my kids are grown I'd like to somehow work with the system and use my bad experience for good. Such as a victims advocate.

I will never forget Ethan Stacy a few years ago whose custodial father was forced by the court to give summer visitation to his "egg donor"...the poor child was extremely adamant about not wanting to visit her and ended up abused to death within TWO WEEKS of being sent out there.

(Sigh...)

(I recently posted in Dylan's thread a 5 Year Anniversary story...he would have been 18...Elaine and Dylan's best friends came together and celebrated his life, remembering him...his friends were talking about what a big effect he and all of this was on their lives (paraphrasing)...)

Some stories we just can't forget Dylan and Morgan Harrington will always be close to my heart.

As one who watches a loooooot of Investigation Discovery, etc and as a result sees a lot of investigators talking about various cases first hand, the first thing(s) that is always addressed is who was the last person to see this person alive and can we rule them out.

(Snipped for focus)

We have a neighbor who works an overnight shift and he used to let us know when he would notice cars slowly driving our street during the 3-4am range. Another neighbor is an insomniac and he would also let us know if he saw anything out of the ordinary. Our bedroom is at the rear of the house and we wouldn’t have heard anything out front. Other people up at that time - new moms!!!

I wonder if the witness knew who the person was and maybe that didn’t make it to MSM?

Easy. I tend to wake up between 2:30 and 3:30 am with migraines. You wake with some sort of pain, you often end up in front of the kitchen sink and window to get a glass of water and medication. As you're drinking it, you see what's going on outside the window.

I've seen plenty of things just walking by my window that I would have missed an instant later (such as my neighbor's ex-husband climbing into an upstairs window when she was out of town). I'm not nosy and I tend to have no idea what my neighbors get up to, but coincidences do happen.

BBM

I *am* a nosy neighbor. :facepalm: I don't just watch neighbors' houses but if I hear something, I'm on it. Especially an argument. When my neighbor's daughter was a teen, hearing the arguments prompted me to call my mom and apologize for when I was that age!

Jacksonville Daily News: Request for 911 audio and call out logs for past 4 months denied . Neighbors called in prior incident .
http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171201/daily-news-request-for-911-audio-and-callout-logs-denied

“Neighbors in the same Inez Mobile Home Park in which the Woods’ resided recall an incident in which Kimery, the live-in boyfriend of Kristy Woods, struck the family’s Ford Windstar using a baseball bat.

“He smashed every window and piece of glass on that van. We all saw it because it happened in the middle of the day,” Kelly Kerr said. Kerr lives three doors down from the home shared by Kimery and Woods. Kerr said Kimery said afterward the incident that he had an “adult temper” and told Kerr the reason he struck it was because he had been left alone at home without car keys and was out of cigarettes.

“They were always fighting,” Kerr said.”

Yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members