Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know that is the one thing the sheriff keeps asking the public for, proof Mariah was seen alive and well on that Sunday. Must be important or he would not continue to repeat this request
I feel this is the most important point in the whole investigation.

For the post asking what we can and can’t discuss- if someone hasn’t been named a POI we can only discuss what’s been mentioned in an article. For example the boyfriend, but can’t post his arrest history etc. (not yet)

All I can say is whatever you find just make a file/bookmark it and soon enough we will be able to discuss it .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search for missing 3-year-old Mariah Woods now in 5th day
http://abc11.com/day-four-authorities-intensify-search-for-mariah-woods/2702373/

"THE LATEST:
* FBI Lab in Quantico, VA is testing items of interest
* Search volunteers arrived at Dawson Community Church Friday morning
* Search focused solely on Onslow County but officials are following up on all tips*

The search is being organized by Team Adam, a program for the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children that provides on-site assistance to law enforcement agencies and families in cases of missing children, according to Onslow County Sheriff Hans Miller."

I'm trying to figure out how this is OK to post but my post an hour ago wasn't. Is it because the news reported it?

I didn’t see your earlier post but I think media articles are within the terms of service. If it wasn’t connected to MSM or from a verified insider it might have been considered rumor. (And it’s not that it isn’t a rumor just because it’s quoted in the article - just how the forum works around here.)

Does anyone have any thoughts on why the searching is seeming to be focused on water/creeks? I would certainly understand that there would be a risk of a small child falling into water that's near their home, but the creek on Highway 17 seems way too far for a 3-yr old with mobility issues to reach by herself in freezing cold temperatures and almost no clothes on.

Is it more that the terrain is mostly woods and creeks so that's what we're going to see them searching in, or is there some other reason for the creeks?

He smashed all of the windows on the van because he was out of cigs? :eek:

They look to be pretty low income---and yet he smashes all of the van's windows. How much would it cost to replace those windows? I'm guessing it would be very expensive.

That illustrates how out of control this guy's temper is.

Yes, and a volatile temper like that makes me think of possible drug use.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was the family contact for my brother who was in rehab for meth. I remember his counselor calling and she explained to me how meth affects the brain and damages impulse control. Of course there’s not managing your anger, too. (Don’t want to implicate any of the parties - but this article about the smashing brought that conversation back.) In my brother’s case - his verbal impulse control was gone. He surfaced one time when I was about to go into labor and the first words out of his mouth were, “My God, you’re enormous!” And that was how I learned a little bit about impulse control...

The last page hadn’t loaded - was a repost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your link:

"Neighbors in the same Inez Mobile Home Park in which the Woods’ resided recall an incident in which Kimery, the live-in boyfriend of Kristy Woods, struck the family’s Ford Windstar using a baseball bat.

“He smashed every window and piece of glass on that van. We all saw it because it happened in the middle of the day,” Kelly Kerr said. Kerr lives three doors down from the home shared by Kimery and Woods. Kerr said Kimery said afterward the incident that he had an “adult temper” and told Kerr the reason he struck it was because he had been left alone at home without car keys and was out of cigarettes.

“They were always fighting,” Kerr said."

I feel sick.

This does not make me hopeful :(

"[FONT=&quot]A press conference has been confirmed once more for 3:30 p.m. this afternoon. The Daily News will be there, but due to connectivity issues will be recording the conference in lieu of going live on Facebook.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The video for the press conference will be uploaded to YouTube and shared once the press conference has ended."

Didn't know another PC will happen soon.[/FONT]

However he has not seen Mariah in over a year. Alligator tears?

I do believe him but I also question his intentions. A good time to give it to his ex?

TV time for him and his girlfriend?

I donno but I'm not convinced anybody in this family had these childrens best interests.

Did you watch the videos? Definitely not crocodile tears. He and his girlfriend both had tears streaming down their faces, sobbed at times, were completely overcome with emotion.

When a child is hurt/missing/in danger/dead, a loving parent thinks of nothing else but that child.

Crocodile tears were what mom did.

And I don't understand why people are bashing the only person who is obviously frantic about Mariah. This is a victim friendly site, dad is a victim.

And, come on, anybody who follows these cases know exactly where this is going. Snide remarks about the one person hurting and grieving for her are misplaced, IMO.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any thoughts on why the searching is seeming to be focused on water/creeks? I would certainly understand that there would be a risk of a small child falling into water that's near their home, but the creek on Highway 17 seems way too far for a 3-yr old with mobility issues to reach by herself in freezing cold temperatures and almost no clothes on.

Is it more that the terrain is mostly woods and creeks so that's what we're going to see them searching in, or is there some other reason for the creeks?

I’m still stuck with either cell phone or vehicle technology put someone at that spot for a few minutes *or* a confession.
I guess if I had a #3 it would be someone traveling that stretch that recalls seeing someone on the bridge. I’d love to hear other thoughts on why they are focusing there.

Some folks have poor impulse control even without drugs. I do wonder if there was a good tip leading them back to that area of water. Could somebody have driven by and saw a/their vehicle parked there in the dark of night?

I've never heard anyone refer to themselves as having an "adult temper". I don't like this one bit.

That's quite the reaction to being inconvenienced, without car keys or cigarettes. And we know how "inconvenienced" one could be from a 3 year old.

I wondered if maybe that was supposed to read "adult temper TANTRUM".

I didn’t see your earlier post but I think media articles are within the terms of service. If it wasn’t connected to MSM or from a verified insider it might have been considered rumor. (And it’s not that it isn’t a rumor just because it’s quoted in the article - just how the forum works around here.)

From what I've seen across a number of threads, Mainstream Media (MSM) links should be available to back up any statement or claim or quote that we post. Law enforcement/FBI type sites would also be acceptable.

Most FB pages are off limits if they don't belong to a Person of Interest (POI) or named suspect named by police as such. Exceptions are FB pages run by MSM or relevant Law Enforcement (LE) agencies, and usually it's allowed if it's from a post by a relative on a relative-run FB "Find my relative" page. Comments on these articles should never be referenced or copied here.

From what I've read verified case insiders have more leeway for what they can post relating to the case without needing a link to back it up, there's a section on the forum that should explain more about who would qualify and how to go about getting verified and exactly what that allows you to post. I think local intel is very valuable to the rest of us who live far away or even across the globe.

I don't think they believe that she walked to the water. :cry:

I think they are searching the closest places that a perp might try and dispose of a body in the middle of the night...:sigh:....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstrwberrys