GUILTY MS - Brandon Stacey, 16 mos, beaten to death, Picayune, Jan 2008

GrannyConnie . . . my daughter is due to give birth to her son any day. She fled So Cal three months ago to get away from her abusive boyfriend.

Your story wrenches all our hearts . . . and for me, it fills me with a terrible forboding. This young lady, my daughter, will want to marry and date. She's already established a "pattern" of hooking up with crappy men.

Already this little unborn boy is all I can think about . . . I will provide him and his mommy a home for as long as they are willing to stay .. . . and that's all I can do. What else can I do to "prevent" my daughter from choosing a jackass to assuage her loneliness? Not much, I'm afraid . . . but love her, and pray.

You will be in my prayers, as will your daughter. Of all people, she needs them most. She has to live with the consequences of choosing, and then staying with a horrible "male" who tossed off red flags right and left, that he was dangerous and cruel.

Having been myself the victim of an abusive man for seven years, I know that I too saw my ex's red flags . . . but I didn't know what they meant. I didn't exactly seek to know, either. Even though I did not deserve or cause a single SECOND of the abuse I endured, I still remain responsible for my choice to NOT take care of myself, NOT value myself enough to come to my own rescue.

The price your girl is paying for not valuing her own, or her son's life enough is the worst nightmare. I'm so sorry. I pray for your peace, and for justice for Brandon.

I know exactly what you mean about your daughter. I have a daughter who is remarried now but inbetween marriages she just couldn't be without a man around and did she ever pick the losers. I also have a 23 yr old granddaughter who has a beautiful little year old daughter who just can't stand to be alone. I swear she grabs the first guy that comes along because they have all been losers. She is a beautiful girl and could have her pick but she doesn't shop around and find a nice stable young man. I worry about her and her little girl. That baby is my pride and joy and I would just die if anything ever happened to her.

I feel really bad for Granny. I lost my youngest daughter to domestic violence and there is nothing worse then losing a child and I doubt losing a grandchild is any different. It sounds like the boyfriend is the one who beat the baby to death. Someone did. I wonder if he had a history of being abusive. I think Granny said that her daughter had planned on leaving him. I just wish all women would take their time about getting to know the guys they meet. Date them but don't live with them. Give the relationship time enough to see what he is really like. Meet his friends...people who really know him. And keep the guys away from the kids until you know the guy has no history of violence and until you have dated for a good while. I guess there are just some people who don't feel complete without a male in their lives or something. I keep telling my granddaughter I'm going to find a good guy for her. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open..lol.

No trial date. 14 months! I wish I could get a polygraph, it's only $300 somewhere on the Coast.
I wish God had taken me with my Brandon.
Jeremy Pitarri, writer? for the Picayune Item, wrote his biased slant on each story. He told me, to my face, that he thought both of them killed my angel. What an idiot! I complained to the editor, he couldn't give a crap. Welcome to Picayune, MS!
I would call at least three honest newscasters to tell this story to, but we could be killed in our sleep without repurcussions or clues. Pray for the economy. The minute I can sell our home, I am out of here. I will be close enough to visit my daughter every Sunday behind plexiglass for 20 minutes. By the way, the Sheriff of Pearl River County, David Allison, is terrific! I only wish he had ALL the power to correct this huge miscarriage of justice.

GrannyConnie, you and your sweet grandson are in my prayers. I am confused. How long was it after the baby was hurt that 911 was called. Who called?

GrannyConnie I would encourage you to read the Terms of Service here- the mods are very good at weeding out those who attack posters.
I REALLY truly want to hear your side of the story, so please don't attack other posters.

:scream::scream:
GrannyConnie, you and your sweet grandson are in my prayers. I am confused. How long was it after the baby was hurt that 911 was called. Who called?

The biased Picayune Item writer, Jeremy Pitarri, wrote this in order to sway you to believe she knew he was dead at 1:30 am, the BF woke her at 5:30 am to inform her that Brandon was not breathing. 911 was called, then I was called. I'll ask Alison this Sunday who called 911. My question: what was kelly (BF) doing up at 5:30am checking on my grandson????

That is a good question.
I know I often wake up and check on my kids, but can speak for no one else.

I understand there is still a pending trial, but may I ask what your daughter has told you about that nights events? Did the ex bf have a history of abuse? I live on the MS. gulf coast, and find the local court system rather interesting-to say the least.

GrannyConnie, you DO have my prayers. I have a 22 month old and a six month old, and stories like this tear me up.

I'm more than willing to be objective, but what is your daughter's explanation for the blunt-force trauma? Even if foul play wasn't involved, and there wasn't alleged evidence pointing to that, then I can't understand how an injury that severe would go unnoticed. My 22 month old son fell and hit his forehead on his toybox. It bled a little and he cried and cried. He was inconsolable for awhile. How does a child that age get injured that traumatically and not be noticed?

I'm asking this questions without judgement. I know this is a hard time for you, but you're wanting us to see the other side. I'm willing to do that, but there some serious allegations here and more importantly, a little one who has gone to heaven. Something happened to him--if not foul play, what?

I am that baby's Granny. You have no idea of what the truth is, the boyfriend woke her up at 5:30 am, after he checked on the baby only to discover he was gone. They called 911 when they found him not alive, not when the forensic pathologist stated the time of his death. Kelly and my daughter were sleeping. Had my daughter even thought something was wrong, she would have called 911, then me. Jeremy at the Picayune Item writes what he feels, not the truth. I wish I could meet with all of you who think my daughter had anything to do with this. My God help us all, we are torn to shreads. Please, please pray for us. I can't believe people really think she had anything to do with his death, or that she wouldn't have killed the boyfriend before she would let him hurt that baby. God Help Us...

:behindbar

I wish I could meet with all of you who think my daughter had anything to do with this. My God help us all, we are torn to shreads. Please, please pray for us. I can't believe people really think she had anything to do with his death, or that she wouldn't have killed the boyfriend before she would let him hurt that baby. God Help Us...
I am sorry if I attacked anyone, I am not myself, but will be more patient since no one knows the truth except God. :behindbar

No prior abuse to anyone. Can you read my replies to everyone? I hope so, I'm exhausted and will pray for you as well.
Jesus take the wheel...

Do we know each other? I go to St. Borromeo on Goodyear. Not much of the truth was published in the newspaper and from the nevermind. I fear for our lives here.

I'm pretty sure we don't know each other. I live in Jackson Co. and don't really go to picayune.
I'm trying so hard to understand this. Am I getting this straight:
Kelly and your daughter were in their room sleeping. Kelly wakes up @ 5:30 and for whatever reason checks on the baby and discovers the baby is missing. He immediately wakes up your daughter they then discover the baby in the living room unresponsive, and call 911?

Why are you afraid for your lives?

Hey, thank you so much for your interest. Yes, everything you wrote is correct with the exception of them finding my angel on the sofa downstairs. Kelly carried him there. I don't know if he did this before or after one of them called 911.
We must petition for a change of venue. Thanks to our local news reporter, and his bias, everyone thinks my daughter, his mother, knew he was in heaven at 1:30, but waited until 5:30 to call for help. I am more than livid, I am beyond grief and fear. If anything happens to me, make a noise please. Anything can happen here. I have firsthand experience of the what authorities and reporters can get away with. By the way, Dr. Steven Haynes, the forensic pathologist, has been fired. It's about time. Look him up and see how many autopsies he has botched. How am I supposed to believe him?

Dear Thrs,
I don't remember if I thanked you for your compassion and interest, today is April 24th, the lawyer said the trial date wouldn't be until next year. I don't believe my daughter will be a productive member of society again. Too much, too long, too painful.
No, the BF has not had a trial either. Only he and God know the truth about what took my angel to heaven. Please pray for me, I believe the "cheese has slid off my cracker."
God Bless,
Connie

Do you happen to know a lawyer who believes he can help probono? I will cook and wait on him/her.

Gosh this is a tough one. That article makes is seem like he is an angel and she is the bad guy but I couldnt say how much of that is true but I honestly think this baby is not getting justice. I dont see how the mom got time and he got none.

I am not sure that the jury did not make the right call and not sure how anyone else can be either. Obviously, both adults had serious problems, if they had been using herion, and neither should have been allowed to be with the child, IMO.

If the BF did not have any history of violence, there is no more reason to believe he hurt and ultimately killed the child than that the mother did. Was he abusive to the child on prior occassions? It sounds as though they had a bond.

I am sorry for the grandmother, of course, and all family members, regardless of who is the guilty party, It must be a nightmare, but I am assuming the jury heard both sides and 12 people made a decision. I know juries make mistakes, but I can't imagine acquitting of all charges in the death of a child if they felt he was culpable. Just my opinion, not meaning to upset anyone.

im saying i cant believe they thought he had nothing to do with it.

thats just plain idiocy.

Based on the information given in the article, I would have found him not-guilty as well. She pleaded guilty. He went to trial. I think there is certainly evidence that he was the primary caretaker of the baby. I also think the daycare testimony is telling. I'm terribly sorry for what you have suffered GrannyConnie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back