GUILTY MS - Brandon Stacey, 16 mos, beaten to death, Picayune, Jan 2008

I completely agree with the last three posts. I feel like the mom is guilty but I didnt see how the boyfriend got off with nothing. I guess the testimony of the daycare helped him out. One thing that stood out to me in the article is that neither one showed emotion and the mother wouldnt go look at him. I am not saying that makes someone guilty because if it were my child I dont know if I would want to go look at them right away either. Emotionally though I would be a wreck. I too feel sympathy for the grandmother, I cant imagine her pain. My prayers are with this family.

Unless I misread, I believe it only said she didn't show any emotion. They said that they had to stop the boyfriend from doing CPR when EMS got there.

:banghead:There was no evidence for Judge Rachel Lumpkin. I begged her to allow my daughter to say goodbye at the funeral home six blocks away. She looked at me like something she would wipe off of her shoe and replied, "Absolutely not."
Unconscienable!

:banghead:Attention: The jury d i d n o t hear all sides and facts. My daughter took that plea at the strong advice of her court appointed atty. Scaring her into believing she could get life.
Justice? Where? Not here!

Advised by atty and scared out of her mind. Out of her mind already at being jailed with no evidence for over two years and in grief.

This is truly a tragic situation.

Please remember to abide by the WS Terms of Service on the forum.

Please refrain from bashing anyone involved in the case.

Thank you.

Brandon's 1st Birthday-37_edited.jpg

He was also my pride and joy, the best 16 months, two weeks, and four days of my life, and my daughters life. She quit the habit before he died so as not to raise him in that environment. The BF was on his way out.

Thank all of you and may God protect your loved ones

oh gosh, he was so adorable
RIP baby Brandon

oh gosh, he was so adorable
RIP baby Brandon

GOD BLESS YOU, LADYL, HE WAS TOO PRECIOUS. SUCH A FLIRT...AND PERSONALITY, YOU WOULD HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE IN NANOSECONDS. AGAIN, GOD BLESS YOU FOR CARING ENOUGH TO WRITE WHAT YOUR HEART FELT. PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH.
HAVE YOU SEEN 2SISTERS LATELY? AND MISSIE?HERE IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEND A PHOTO, I NEED TO GET TO BED. I HAD TO CROP THE BF OUT, IT WAS MY BRANDON'S LAST CHRISTMAS.2007
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9518&stc=1&d=1275978732

Attachments

• Christmas 2007-7_edited.jpg
    Christmas 2007-7_edited.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 50
GOD BLESS YOU, LADYL, HE WAS TOO PRECIOUS. SUCH A FLIRT...AND PERSONALITY, YOU WOULD HAVE FALLEN IN LOVE IN NANOSECONDS. AGAIN, GOD BLESS YOU FOR CARING ENOUGH TO WRITE WHAT YOUR HEART FELT. PLEASE STAY IN TOUCH.
HAVE YOU SEEN 2SISTERS LATELY? AND MISSIE?HERE IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN SEND A PHOTO, I NEED TO GET TO BED. I HAD TO CROP THE BF OUT, IT WAS MY BRANDON'S LAST CHRISTMAS.2007
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9518&stc=1&d=1275978732

Such a gorgeous little man. RIP.

She is so beautiful! Can i help? I am going to get in touch with the innocence project people tomorrow (today). Please say a prayer. How can i not try to give justice to my brandon and alison? Have i gone insane yet?

:Justice:

She is so beautiful! Can i help? I am going to get in touch with the innocence project people tomorrow (today). Please say a prayer. How can i not try to give justice to my brandon and alison? Have i gone insane yet?

I don't know if they can help if she pled guilty. I think they work with proving innocent via DNA. She might find an attorney to help her change her plea. I will pray for you both.

I am so sorry for your loss...your heart must be broken.

One thing I picked up on in the article was that she had taken seroquel that night. I'd like to know more about this.

It's main use is an as anti-psychotic, but also has off-label uses, such as being used to induce sleep.

I have a few questions:
Was your daughter diagnosed with any mental illness prior to this?
Was the Seroquel prescribed to her? Or did she get it from someone else?
Had she taken the seroquel before this night?

The reason I'm asking is because most people are given methadone, bupe, or benzo's when going through heroin withdrawals. And if Seroquel is taken by a person who is not psychotic, it has the potential to make them become psychotic.
Obviously it also causes extreme drowsiness, and possible numbing of emotions......which could explain her lack of emotion when paramedics/LE arrived.
The fact that your daughter was trying to kick the habit shows she must have been putting her son first, and truely loved him.
What a terrible shame it is that there aren't more affordable rehab facilities available that allow mothers to have their children with them at the facility.

OT: When I went to rehab, it was a government-run facility set on a farm.
I believe it was the only facility in the state that allowed children to live with their mothers throughout the 12 month program, that also included parenting classes.
If something like this had been available to your daughter, things could have been very different.

God Bless you. The DNA proof was not done by our local incompetent "police dept.". All is too late. We are tapped financially. Local court appointed lawyers should be disbarred, they did nothing, they did not defend her. I am going to every resource I can find online.
Thank you, please pray, I will continue to pray for you.
Connie

Your interest is most appreciated. Yes, she is diagnosed with severe depression and insomnia. Yes, she has taken Seroquel on many occasions. But, not for a long time. She did not know that taking the whole 300mg would put her OUT. She would not be able to hear or wake up if need be. She did not do this on purpose. She would not. I know her best. If it were another different set of facts, I would certainly say so. I am not biased on her account. My grandson was my love, and her love. If it were not so I would have taken him for my own.
Her idiot attys. scared her into taking a plea. The judge (may God have mercy on his soul) gave her the maximum 20 years! She is in a hellhole in Mississippi with NO airconditioning or heat. She is not doing well at all. My "family" has been absent since my Brandon's death and my Alison's unjust incarceration.
God Bless you and may He protect all you love from anothers' evil hands.
Granny Connie

Forgot to tell you, our pastor, my husband (Army Colonel), Brandon's godmother, and I were there. She WAS hysterical! Lies, incompetence, racism, and evil reside in this county. The biggest mistake of my life was retiring HERE. I am from New Orleans, we left due to the unbelievable crime. We should have gone to the moon!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back