**Q&A ONLY** Ask the MODERATORS your Forum Questions **NO DISCUSSION**

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a thread in The Jury Room covering the Thanks and Groans buttons:)

The thread is actually called Thanks and Groan and its on the first page in The Jury Room threads:)))

I wish everyone could talk about the bannings, out in the open, on the board, for all to see. I think these secrets are bad for all parties involved. See, when people get banned for something they feel is unfair or untrue, and especially without warning or recourse, they go to other sites and bash the hell outta the site &/or mod that did it.

I was recently banned for something I didn't do. After several days when it wasn't corrected, I joined to JQ to tell my story because I know several read both sites. This is after reading there because we weren't allowed to discuss the WC fiasco at WS. I didn't want to discuss it, just to know what really happened. Well, couldn't get that here, so I, and many others, went there. And there was ALL the dirty laundry about WS and the bannings ad nauseum. Some of those posters I remembered from when I posted here long ago. They were good people and according to their stories, like my recent one, they didn't deserve to be banned.

IMO, if the banning mod had to explain, however briefly, on the thread were a poster is being banned, everyone could see what the deal is. We would know what is OK and what is not. I think it would drastically cut down on the unwarranted bannings - which happened to me, and apparently many, many others. Otter is another that feels she was unjustly banned recently. Until the secrecy policy changes, it's going to keep happening too. JMO :twocents:

Well Accord2Me if they write to Trisha and ask to be reinstated I bet that will happen.

What do you reckon ?

It is our policy and has always been our policy that it is NOT THE BUSINESS OF THE POSTERS WHEN AND WHY SOMEONE IS BANNED. I am pretty confident in saying that that will not change here. We actually talk to one another (mods and admin) when someone is timed out and banned, and there is no need to let the whole forum know what is going on.

I wish everyone could talk about the bannings, out in the open, on the board, for all to see. I think these secrets are bad for all parties involved. See, when people get banned for something they feel is unfair or untrue, and especially without warning or recourse, they go to other sites and bash the hell outta the site &/or mod that did it.

I was recently banned for something I didn't do. After several days when it wasn't corrected, I joined to JQ to tell my story because I know several read both sites. This is after reading there because we weren't allowed to discuss the WC fiasco at WS. I didn't want to discuss it, just to know what really happened. Well, couldn't get that here, so I, and many others, went there. And there was ALL the dirty laundry about WS and the bannings ad nauseum. Some of those posters I remembered from when I posted here long ago. They were good people and according to their stories, like my recent one, they didn't deserve to be banned.

IMO, if the banning mod had to explain, however briefly, on the thread were a poster is being banned, everyone could see what the deal is. We would know what is OK and what is not. I think it would drastically cut down on the unwarranted bannings - which happened to me, and apparently many, many others. Otter is another that feels she was unjustly banned recently. Until the secrecy policy changes, it's going to keep happening too. JMO :twocents:

I am going to respond to you in the members only area, because that is where I think my response belongs. Not trying to give you the run around,but another thread was opened in the PL after we directed you here, sorry for the confusion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81340

It is our policy and has always been our policy that it is NOT THE BUSINESS OF THE POSTERS WHEN AND WHY SOMEONE IS BANNED. I am pretty confident in saying that that will not change here. We actually talk to one another (mods and admin) when someone is timed out and banned, and there is no need to let the whole forum know what is going on.
Maybe you actually do some of the time. In light of the current situation, I am of the opinion reviewing current policy would make WS a better place. :twocents:

I am going to respond to you in the members only area, because that is where I think my response belongs. Not trying to give you the run around,but another thread was opened in the PL after we directed you here, sorry for the confusion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81340

*big sigh* I am confused!

First, there was the "What Can I Do to Help YOU?" thread where I thought I could ask.

Then, I was told in several replies by different posters to ask here.

Now, it's back to the private, member's only, Parking Lot!!!!!

IMO, IT'S THE SECRECY THAT'S A HUGE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!! (not yelling)

*big sigh* I am confused!

First, there was the "What Can I Do to Help YOU?" thread where I thought I could ask.

Then, I was told in several replies by different posters to ask here.

Now, it's back to the private, member's only, Parking Lot!!!!!

IMO, IT'S THE SECRECY THAT'S A HUGE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!! (not yelling)
I apologized and explained, so that's all I can do dear friend.

But,imo this is an issue for members to discuss. It's not about keeping a "secret", it's about respecting all involved. JMHO of course. I hope you understand.

This is probably a question I should PM one of the Mods with ... but I thought I'd put it out there (out here?) and see if it could be answered publically.

I am a military family and we move every three years, at least. With the moves come new ISPs, and new email accounts. I would very much like to be able to keep my profile name, but I'm not sure how since I have to cancel my internet provider before I sign up for service in our new area.

Does this make any sense or am I better off with the PM?? Thanks in advance, Wynter

Every time I try to open a picture that's been embedded in a post I get the following message: Wynter's girl, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons (two reasons snipped). Do I need to post more than a couple of times in order to be able to view these attachments or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again in advance,

Wynter

Every time I try to open a picture that's been embedded in a post I get the following message: Wynter's girl, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons (two reasons snipped). Do I need to post more than a couple of times in order to be able to view these attachments or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again in advance,

Wynter
I am no moderator at WS or anywhere else, but I can answer your question.

There is a quota of posts you need to make before you get full access. The exact number seems to be a secret mystery, not revealed to us mortals, but it's roughly 50 posts.

Hope that helps, happy posting.
Hercule.

How come some of us have green dots beside our names and others have blue? Does it have to do with being on or offline?

- can you explain to me (or show me where to find) how to embed the link in the title like you have done in "Right Here"? Pleasssssseee.

When adding previous links to a new thread, I have noticed that this can be done and I would like to know how because it makes the thread look so much prettier.

Thank you!

Salem

Here's a thread on it that's short on explanation - let me add to it.

Thanks ! I am assuming that you will post the link to the thread after you add to it? I did finally get it figure out, but I would love to have the link that I can bookmark, because I know I will forget before I want to do it again.

THANK YOU!

Salem

Why am I being logged off from WS every ten minutes even while I may be posting or just reading? I have checked "remember me" box but have the same problem. I have to log on multiple times a day or night. Help?

Why am I being logged off from WS every ten minutes even while I may be posting or just reading? I have checked "remember me" box but have the same problem. I have to log on multiple times a day or night. Help?
Thank you for presenting your problem here lonetraveler. I'm sure when see's your post he will try and help you.

Hang in there, not everyone is online all the time :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member