CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
but your friend is still saying they found her? (Sandra) tia ...it is just really confusing right now...

Yes, she says she trusts her friend wholeheartedly. I don't want to be spreading rumors I just came here looking for answers. I so badly hope she had wrong info. I don't know what else to do. I will be embarassed if she was wrong but I would be so relieved that I wouldn't care, does that make sense. I really think she knew what she was talking about. I'm sorry I don't know more.

What is it with everyone telling this child to watch out for predators? That's just weird! Then to top it off, she is taken by one. Something just doesn't make sense here. It sounds like something that would happen to a neglected child who doesn't have a parent who cares, but I haven't heard anything of the sort about her home life. Are we missing something about the mom and grandparents she lived with? Everything seems normal there but why in the world do so many other people feel the need to "parent" Sandra???

Seems to me that, considering they found 3 - 5 very suspicious men in that tiny trailer park, the warnings may have been understandable. Also, I think that Sandra was so friendly towards people and so beautiful, that it occurred to people that one of the many neighborhood pervs might hurt her some day.
The creepy thing to me, though, is a grown man unrelated to her saying such a thing to her. If a grown man had said that to any of my children when they were young, I'd have spoken to him and gotten to the bottom of it. Seems lewd and over the boundaries.

I also think the fact that this kid has been reported to be allowed to wander around alone alot may be a factor.

Channel 4's report was pretty good. Nothing new, but they did a day by day synopsis that was good.

I don't think they found her. I don't think they could keep it quiet this long. Reporters are hanging out at the mobile home park, they would have seen something and talked about it.

So my butterflies are flying away. Prayers that Sandra comes home soon.

Salem

I agree it would be difficult to keep this from getting out. I was able to watch and breathed a sigh of relief also. (I'm also watching NG right now and they aren't saying anything about finding her.) Thanks for the link, Salem!

Channel 4's report was pretty good. Nothing new, but they did a day by day synopsis that was good.

I don't think they found her. I don't think they could keep it quiet this long. Reporters are hanging out at the mobile home park, they would have seen something and talked about it.

So my butterflies are flying away. Prayers that Sandra comes home soon.

Salem

Yes that day by day analysis was good. I like things put in an organized way like that.

Per that channel 4 update the road block seems fast and furious to me. Why is it happening? What is it for? Who is the cause of it?

Mark Klaas is blasting police on NG right now.

Per that channel 4 update the road block seems fast and furious to me. Why is it happening? What is it for? Who is the cause of it?

IIRC they stated in the presser that it was to catch people today (Friday) the same day she went missing last week and ask them if they saw/heard anything different last Friday. They do it on the same day to try to get the same commuters that were there last week.

I agree with mark Klaas... if the media had that by the ten pm broadcast things could be different right now. Then again...hindshight is 20/20

I agree with mark Klaas... if the media had that by the ten pm broadcast things could be different right now. Then again...hindshight is 20/20

I hadn't realized that Polly could have still been alive when they pulled over that who kidnapped her an hour after she was taken. Actually I think I had read that but pushed it out of my mind cuz that is just horrible.

ETA: that case is "special" to me because I was the same age as Polly. I remember that is when I realized that bad things can happen to kids.

bumping my own post... but going from searches... to " we searched each car five to six times and we are stopping" to the current roadblocks... I. have. questions. (and hinky meter vibrating at the same time)

I had just read an article stating they (updated from an hour ago) will continue searching tomorrow and now I can't find the article.

Also, read Chandra Levy's mom was in Tracy, CA to help.

I hadn't realized that Polly could have still been alive when they pulled over that who kidnapped her an hour after she was taken. Actually I think I had read that but pushed it out of my mind cuz that is just horrible.
bold is me and bold is CHILLING

As just a member of the public that knows Polly from only the media I can barely think of that without losing it. I can't imagine how MK can even go there in his head (he probably fights that all the time)! Also Mark Lunsford if that cop had only opened the closet. Gosh.. chills indeed!

If it was a rumor, I'd love to know step-by-step how these things spread. Eg:
Someone told someone else that they were searching and that the child's body had been found in a specific location. The person being told told another person (our friend Danistar) by text that this had happened.
However, how do we know if Danistar's friend received the right info? How do we know if the first person in the chain had first-hand info or received this info from yet another source.
I'm thinking of LP's big "find" at the Little Econ in the Caylee Anthony case. The story that human remains were found spread like wildfire, IMO helped by LP, until it was found it was just sticks, mud and bird bones, or something. It's easy for these things to blow up.
Danistar, is there anyway you can ask your friend to ask hers if she actually was at the search herself and knows first-hand that a little girl's body was found? Or, would that be impossible due to the first friend not wanting the info out?
I hope this post does not offend you Danistar, because it isn't meant to. You are reporting what you heard and we are very grateful for that! Thanks so much for your posts! I'm just curious how these things (if this one ends up being a false rumor, which we all pray it does), spread.

I actually think that the monster later confessed that Polly was indeed alive when they stopped him and that soon after, he killed her. I will never ever get over that case.

If it was a rumor, I'd love to know step-by-step how these things spread. Eg:
Someone told someone else that they were searching and that the child's body had been found in a specific location. The person being told told another person (our friend Danistar) by text that this had happened.
However, how do we know if Danistar's friend received the right info? How do we know if the first person in the chain had first-hand info or received this info from yet another source.
I'm thinking of LP's big "find" at the Little Econ in the Caylee Anthony case. The story that human remains were found spread like wildfire, IMO helped by LP, until it was found it was just sticks, mud and bird bones, or something. It's easy for these things to blow up.
Danistar, is there anyway you can ask your friend to ask hers if she actually was at the search herself and knows first-hand that a little girl's body was found? Or, would that be impossible due to the first friend not wanting the info out?
I hope this post does not offend you Danistar, because it isn't meant to. You are reporting what you heard and we are very grateful for that! Thanks so much for your posts! I'm just curious how these things (if this one ends up being a false rumor, which we all pray it does), spread.

Lol... not being a smarta$$ here but I think you answered your own question in your post. One friend tells another who tells another etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member