Ron C. # 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still hopeful, and praying Junior will be taken out of that home soon. :prayer:

:parrot:

Imo people earn respect for being considerate and tolerant of others' feelings and others' physical body/person. Ronald Cummings doesn't exhibit respect for others imo, in that he seems verbally abusive and quite possibly physically abusive as well (as there have been allegations put forth that I find legit nd believable) It wouldn't surprise me. Therefore, he gets no respect from me.... and I'm guessing he couldn't care less. If he stopped lying (imo) and told the truth, now that would impress the hell out of me. Not holding my breath on that one tho.

LE must handle suspects a certain way so that the guilty are not freed due to their errors. Not because they are not near-subhumans with next to no value to society.

I am anti-DP, and believe that life, regardless of its value to society, should not be taken. Having lived with two sociopaths (one of whom is my father), however, I can assure you that they would not afford ME the same courtesy. And they, in fact, are completely, completely devoid of anything you might identify as humanity.

I believe we're dealing with at least one--and quite possibly more--sociopaths in this case. I do not respect them, though I can assure you that if I were in the position that my words mattered even one iota to the outcome of the case, I would choose them very carefully.

Speculating here really does not require that sort of caution, IMO.

That is what I am saying, which is what is done in this country. When I use the word respect, it's not necessarily giving that person Honor. Two different things. Respect often comes with a proudful countenance, which I also try to stay away from.

I believe in the death penalty, and will respect every convicted criminal on their way to the death house and pray for their souls. If our society would strt doing some public hangings of convicted tried and true criminals who murder and rape our children, women and men we would probably see a lot less of these types of evil acts.

People are assuming they know fully what I meant by the respect issue, but as I first posted, LE and Journalists, professionals are required to act a certain way.

That is what I am saying, which is what is done in this country. When I use the word respect, it's not necessarily giving that person Honor. Two different things. Respect often comes with a proudful countenance, which I also try to stay away from.

I believe in the death penalty, and will respect every convicted criminal on their way to the death house and pray for their souls. If our society would strt doing some public hangings of convicted tried and true criminals who murder and rape our children, women and men we would probably see a lot less of these types of evil acts.

People are assuming they know fully what I meant by the respect issue, but as I first posted, LE and Journalists, professionals are required to act a certain way.

I realize the stance by many against the death penalty is grounded in the respect for all human life.. but never heard anyone ever say they believe in the death penalty and will respect every convicted criminal on their way to the death house...
I've also noticed you bring up your religious beliefs quite a bit,..Personally, I don't want to discuss religion here, but your statement just doesn't seem right coming from someone who professes to be a follower of Christ...JMO

BBM are you sure you mean respect? Below from Wikipedia.....

snip-Respect is esteem for, or a sense of the worth or excellence of, a person, a personal quality, ability, or a manifestation of a personal quality or ability. In certain ways, respect manifests itself as a kind of ethic or principle, such as in the commonly taught concept of "[having] respect for others" or the ethic of reciprocity.

Esteem for, or a sense of the worth, or excellence, of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability, for example, "I have great respect for her judgment." -end snip-

I too believe in the death penalty but I think there are some people that are unworthy of respect and that is why they are sentenced to death. There is no hope for them, the crimes that they have committed surpass all human understanding to the point that a group of people( a jury) feel they should be sentenced to death. There is no respect in that....in my opinion.

I realize the stance by many against the death penalty is grounded in the respect for all human life.. but never heard anyone ever say they believe in the death penalty and will respect every convicted criminal on their way to the death house...
I've also noticed you bring up your religious beliefs quite a bit,..Personally, I don't want to discuss religion here, but your statement just doesn't seem right coming from someone who professes to be a follower of Christ...JMO

I disagree. You engaged me in conversation and I was considerate in replying back, but will take this post as the end of our discussions since you feel this way and I can honor that.

BBM are you sure you mean respect? Below from Wikipedia.....

snip-Respect is esteem for, or a sense of the worth or excellence of, a person, a personal quality, ability, or a manifestation of a personal quality or ability. In certain ways, respect manifests itself as a kind of ethic or principle, such as in the commonly taught concept of "[having] respect for others" or the ethic of reciprocity.

Esteem for, or a sense of the worth, or excellence, of a person, a personal quality or ability, or something considered as a manifestation of a personal quality or ability, for example, "I have great respect for her judgment." -end snip-

I too believe in the death penalty but I think there are some people that are unworthy of respect and that is why they are sentenced to death. There is no hope for them, the crimes that they have committed surpass all human understanding to the point that a group of people( a jury) feel they should be sentenced to death. There is no respect in that....in my opinion.

If we get into a discussion about the death penalty it will take another life. I've seen threads about this subject go on for months. Not denying you a reply, just sayin. Maybe when we get a perp, we can discuss this, the charges and punishment. I would be happy to express my thoughts.

I understand what you are saying about people, respect and the death penalty, and don't disagree. I go a step further in what I think. I'm also not telling others how they should feel or that they use my thoughts in place of their own.

I won't argue the death penalty argument with you, because I know we both have stances that won't be changed.

I will say, however, that I believe there are soulless people who I would not bother praying for. I pray for their victims instead.

And still, I would not put them to death. Not out of respect for them, or even honor of their lives, but rather out of respect for life itself---and
recognition of the fallibility of human judgment.

I think it's been pretty soundly determined that putting criminals to death is purely punitive, not deterrent. I can see the argument for doing so, and struggle with my principles as a result.

If we get into a discussion about the death penalty it will take another life. I've seen threads about this subject go on for months. Not denying you a reply, just sayin. Maybe when we get a perp, we can discuss this, the charges and punishment. I would be happy to express my thoughts.

I understand what you are saying about people, respect and the death penalty, and don't disagree. I go a step further in what I think. I'm also not telling others how they should feel or that they use my thoughts in place of their own.

lol.....I wasn't asking you about the death penalty, I wanted to make sure that you meant "respect". I see that you did and that is your right. I do not assume that everyone has the same beliefs that I do, I find it enlightening that there are still people that will attach respect to those that have raped and murdered and get sentenced to death. I just am not one of those people and I will reserve my respect for those that I deem deserving. We just have different feelings about it....thats all....there is a chance we could agree on another matter.::truce:

I can't see Geraldo getting into Ed Smart, John Walsh, Mark Lunsford and many others Father's faces when at the time in the investigation of their missing children, they were interviewed, but with respect. Which is what Ron should be given, just like what Tricia's reminders say to us.

The difference (imo) b/w Ed Smart, John Walsh, Mark Lunsford, and Ronald Cummings is that Ronald Cummings is lying....in my opinion. Perhaps Geraldo inferred the same.

MOO

I agree, he is lying OR he is covering for somebody he owes. MOO

I can't see Geraldo getting into Ed Smart, John Walsh, Mark Lunsford and many others Father's faces when at the time in the investigation of their missing children, they were interviewed, but with respect. Which is what Ron should be given, just like what Tricia's reminders say to us.

I think it was a stupid move on Geraldo's part to confront Ronald like that, but he is known to do things that way, because he is an "in your face" kind of reporter. Geraldo did what he did for ratings, it was a sensational bit... it got a little attention, and respecting Ron was the last thing on his mind at that moment.

The difference (imo) b/w Ed Smart, John Walsh, Mark Lunsford, and Ronald Cummings is that Ronald Cummings is lying....in my opinion. Perhaps Geraldo inferred the same.

MOO

Exactly. ;)

Those gentlemen cooperated with LE and volunteered to take LDTs... the same cannot be said for Ronald.

Exactly. ;)

Those gentlemen cooperated with LE and volunteered to take LDTs... the same cannot be said for Ronald.

This is not true! Ron did cooperated with LE and he did take and pass a LD. What GR did to Ron is inexcusable IMO

MOO

:Banane57:
A simple thanks button would not do for such a wonderful response.

and last I saw from his attorney he was still on the list

That's right his own lawyer admitted last week Ron was still a suspect (bottom of the list or not). Although tonight, he maybe a better dressed suspect. No one from LE has ever said Ron passed the poly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare