Identified! OR - Clackamas Co., Bones found in creek, Jun'11 - Name withheld

There is a youtube from KATU showing them collecting the clothing. It looks like alot of material to me. I think they look adult sized but hard to say when they are all tattered and covered in mud. {{HUGS to ALL}} Hope they make an ID soon.

First, Thanks Clu for the O/P ;}

Thinking you are on the money ThoughtFox, as they can usually tell whether they are human bones. It seems they have garnered the forces for this discovery. If their basic thought was they were not animal this makes sense to me. Finding animal bones in areas like a creek bed must be quite common as we have a lot of cougar here that feed in our backyards.

The creek itself looks pretty normal for the area. Like getting down to it you can walk part way, winding through the vegetation and then maybe have to slide or go sideways down a couple of feet till it levels off again, etc.

These little creeks are where the fish spawn every year. They start out as little creeks up in the mountain areas and work their way down, joining each other and eventually dumping into the say Clackamas River which then dumps into the Willamette which dumps into the Columbia and then flows into the Pacific Ocean. Then every year, the Salmon leave the ocean and swim back upstream to the same place in that tiny creek where they were hatched and lay their eggs. It is amazing.

And if it is a dry creek bed that means water flows seasonally depending on the amount of rain or snow melt. So yes, in the Fall or Winter of the last year these bones could have washed down. We've had allot of flooding.

The condition of the bones made me think they were older than a year for some reason. IMO

Yes I recall that all winter there were a great many landslides due to the heavy rain, so that makes sense.

There is a youtube from KATU showing them collecting the clothing. It looks like alot of material to me. I think they look adult sized but hard to say when they are all tattered and covered in mud. {{HUGS to ALL}} Hope they make an ID soon.

Here's the video. That could be an adult coat they are lifting, or it could be some kind of rotten tarp??? It looks almost like the black plastic mulch you can buy on a roll (cough*landscaping fabric*cough) - but that's just speculation. It's so dirty you can't really tell much about it.

Listening in the car on the radio they said they still aren't sure what they have but "it could be a very large animal or an adult male" Strange he'd say the gender without further testing. It doesn't appear to be small enough to be a child but waiting to hear more. They also reiterated they were "very old bones" I have no idea what timeframe that could mean but they wanted to make a point the death was not recent.

Listening in the car on the radio they said they still aren't sure what they have but "it could be a very large animal or an adult male" Strange he'd say the gender without further testing. It doesn't appear to be small enough to be a child but waiting to hear more. They also reiterated they were "very old bones" I have no idea what timeframe that could mean but they wanted to make a point the death was not recent.

No skull? The human skull is quite distinct from a "very large animals" skull; along with the way the pelvis is shaped, the way the legs bend, etc. They know. JMO

Locals, anyone going to be watching the 10:00 news, or have an update?

Does anyone have a google map link for where these bones were found? Is it near a place called Happy Valley and Sunnyside? TIA

Thank you Momtective xo. I'm still so obsessed over Kyron being found. I'm going to keep checking on this story until it's confirmed that the bones are NOT a child's. If the bones are human, I hope their discovery brings closure to the person's family. I know this is stupid, but the poem someone posted in the Oregonian comments about "the sunny side" still bothers me so much and now this.

What is that? A coat, a tarp, a pair of jeans, a blanket, a piece of leather luggage ...what could it be?
Kyron.jpg

Thank you Momtective xo. I'm still so obsessed over Kyron being found. I'm going to keep checking on this story until it's confirmed that the bones are NOT a child's. If the bones are human, I hope their discovery brings closure to the person's family. I know this is stupid, but the poem someone posted in the Oregonian comments about "the sunny side" still bothers me so much and now this.

I don't usually link to comments on news articles, but I remember that poem and it really is weird. I can't find the post by the original person, but it was copied and posted several times by someone in an attempt to get them to come back and explain it.

"The sunny side, where you should be, not in the woods or near a tree. A childs blessing a mans remorse, one cops woman so stay the course. Intent was there, luck prevailed humanity blushed and evil sailed, a course, a path, watery grave. Not the K or T we know but others hands in the fire, so, look elsewhere, you will find a clue, idea and then the end that we all knew, would come, sad and happy to see it gone, our lives will go on but one will not, we shed a tear for little him, but not for them."

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oreg...horman_has_gone_from_tra/4897/comments-2.html

What is that? A coat, a tarp, a pair of jeans, a blanket, a piece of leather luggage ...what could it be?
Kyron.jpg

I think it's part of a Sasquatch. :innocent:

My first impression was that it is a black tarp, or perhaps a shredded coat.

It really does look like an animal pelt of some kind, though. Like wet fur.

Whoa wait a minute ~ maybe I'm seeing things, but looking at that picture again, in the middle of the material is a criss-cross pattern, almost as if someone tried to sew together the ends of some black car floor mats or a rubber truck liner.

I tweaked the pic a bit and this is what I see...i'm probably seeing kittens :giggle:
Kyron3.jpg

Today is Friday (2:33am my time).

The bones were reported "...Wednesday, Just before noon," (more at link) it doesn't take over 24 hours to figure out what species the bones are from. This just feels skeevy to me, I feel like LE isn't being team players (just for lols)...unless the bones are completely disintegrated (which I find highly improbably considering how they are being handled) the ME or forensic team should be able to tell right away (heck, I took 1 anthropology class and had to remember the traits for bipedalism---maybe I should call and ask if they need help?? ;)
http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Police-find-bones-in-Clackamas-123951909.html

Kyron.jpg
That was what I was thinking too.A Jacket or some kind of luggage?camping bag?duffel bag?Like what they were looking for in the beginning with little Kyron with the blackhawk helicopter.

That was what I was thinking too.A Jacket or some kind of luggage?camping bag?duffel bag?Like what they were looking for in the beginning with little Kyron with the blackhawk helicopter.

Were they looking for a duffle bag in the beginning of Kyron's case? I don't remember that specifically, but it's possible.

However, I do remember the search helicopter on Sauvie Island. Here's my Search Timeline:

Kyron's Search Timeline ***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Were they looking for a duffle bag in the beginning of Kyron's case? I don't remember that specifically, but it's possible.

However, I do remember the search helicopter on Sauvie Island. Here's my Search Timeline:

Kyron's Search Timeline ***NO DISCUSSION*** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
I lost all my stuff on my computer.But I believe I remember they were looking for a suit case,duffel bag,container and called a geospatial analysis or something in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1
Back