New Search 9/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that discourages me are photos like these:

44728.jpg

That is such a huge search area... If they're looking for her body, it really is the proverbial needle in a haystack.

I can understand a secrecy order on anything having to do with the children, but can't understand the secrecy order and sealed files on everything surrounding Susan's case. Makes me hinky meter go up. IMO

I'm not too concerned about sealing the warrants. In my experience, they are often auto-sealed for 48 hours and then police and the DA can continue to ask for extensions. So, without knowing specifically how Utah does it, I suspect they have just been keeping the SW sealed in an effort to keep what they took/found out of the media (they are often a treasure trove for journalists).

Kiirsi Hellewell has hope that West Valley City Police are on to something in Delta while they search for her friend Susan Cox Powell.

...then

Hellewell says she is not holding out much hope for what may come of the latest search, but it does give her renewed confidence in police that they have not let up on their investigation, and their desire to get to the bottom of what happened to Susan.

I'll take shoddy reporting for $1,000, Holly... Good catch.

NinevehDinha Nineveh Dinha
BREAKING: human remains found near Topaz Mountain. Juab County, medical examiner coming. Treating as crime scene #findsusan #Utah

I look away for a few and I had 19 twitter updates. Oh I hope they have found her.

No freaking way! Saying prayers like crazy. At least someone will get closure.

ktvx ABC 4 News
The remains are "almost certainly human." Police cannot confirm at this time if it is Susan Cox Powell.
17 minutes ago

sltrib Salt Lake Tribune
Breaking: Searchers have found human remains. No determination yet whether it is Susan Powell. Follow @NateCarlisle for updates #findsusan
12 minutes ago

fox13now FOX 13 NOW
Cadaver dogs located some human remains Wednesday during a search for Susan Cox Powell near Delta, UT. The identity, gender and age unknown.
8 minutes ago

kslcom KSL.com
WVC Police have found human remains in connection with their search for Susan Powell. Watch ksl.com for updates
7 minutes ago

WGEM WGEM News
UPDATE: Skeletal remains found in Pike County, Ill. rest area are human, Sheriff's Department says. bit.ly/rejSLX
5 minutes ago

1057KNRS 105.7 KNRS
Breaking: West Valley Police working to determine if human remains found near Topaz Mtn. are related to disappearance of Susan Cox Powell.
4 minutes ago

komonews komonews.com
BREAKING -- Human remains found in search area for Susan Powell, according to ABC affiliate in Salt Lake. No word if remains are Powell
3 minutes ago

KSL_AlexCabrero Alex Cabrero
West Valley PD says they found what looks like human remains near Delta. Not sure if this has anything to do with Susan Powell. #findsusan
2 minutes ago

natecarlisle Nate Carlisle
Police searching for #SusanPowell have found human remains, West Valley City lieutenant says. Doesn't know if it's her.#findsusan
18 minutes ago

abc4 talking to Chuck. He is talking about having to wait for confirmation. Is this the one? It's like dog years waiting

I hope its Susan for a couple reasons. 1) her family needs closure and 2) they will soon arrest the guilty! Hope Mr. Rockhound is shaking in his boots.
I hope they are watching the Powells house, we wouldn't want Josh or his daddy make a run for it.

I'm praying Susans boys are secure.

BeanE:

WGEM WGEM News
UPDATE: Skeletal remains found in Pike County, Ill. rest area are human, Sheriff's Department says. bit.ly/rejSLX
5 minutes ago

Wow, this could be several women. Thanks for the info.

Latest, LE came across remains on side of Topaz mountain in rocky area. Cadaver dogs had made a hit.

abc4 talking to Chuck. He is talking about having to wait for confirmation. Is this the one? It's like dog years waiting

You can hear the sadness in his voice. The torture he much be going through.

IIRC, Colorado serial killer Scott Kimball was fond of this area.

'scuze me for yelling but:

ARMYWIFE! WHERE R U?

We need some eyes on the Powells, and you are our best source!

Oh, I wish there to see!

I have goosebumps. Please please please let them bring Susan home today!

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members