TX TX - Steve Jones, 57, Bowie County, 16 Mar 2012 - FFJ member "Wounded"

I don't know about the sheriff being anxious to get the word out. Wounded went missing on Sat. and so far there is a total of 1 media article that I can find.

There is an entry on Project Jason, but that was from a civilian.

I just don't see how there can be a good outcome to this, and it saddens me deeply.

I didn't see anything on our local stations during the lunch hour.

We need someone who is good at writing to write this one up and shop it to the national media stations. Reading at FFJ Wounded lost his son to a drug overdose (meth.) He then began to work to rid the area of meth. In the process it looks like he may have run up against some officals in office. So national attention may be helpful here.

Steven Curtis Jones II - Forums For Justice

I would tweet it to Chris Cuomo; the man has a heart and he is good at what he does. I can't post the link but he is on Facebook, as well.

@ChrisCuomo

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisCuomo

JRC you are local right? Can you tell us what you are seeing locally as far as searches, etc?

I'm not finding where crimestoppers is offering any kind of a reward yet.

I did find this

Search continues for missing L-E man, 57
http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/2012/03/19/search-continues-for-missing-l-e-man-57-946253.php

I think there was a major search yesterday. I don't know about today.

I saw on Sheriff Prince's fb page about an hour ago that a motorcycle that looks like Steve's has been spotted in Wake Village, a little town bordering Texarkana, at an apartment complex.

Other than that, I don't think there is any news. As of noon today, his wife hadn't heard anything.

I don't know about the sheriff being anxious to get the word out. Wounded went missing on Sat. and so far there is a total of 1 media article that I can find.

There is an entry on Project Jason, but that was from a civilian.

It was Friday evening he went missing, mysteriew. Yesterday (Sunday) they started searching. It was yesterday afternoon that the tv stations and at least two surrounding counties were alerted.

I saw on the sheriff's fb page where he had posted about it yesterday evening. As I said previously, that's where the tip about the motorcycle came in. I hope that pans out into something usable.

Just read this post by Sheriff Prince on his fb page:

IN REFERENCE TO MISSING PERSON, STEVE JONES
If anyone knows routes Steve road his bike on, friends he may visit or any other location he may have been going to, pleaSse contact me, preferrably with a private message or call my cell phone (903)276-1836. The reason for the private message, is we do not know the reason for his disappearance. Should there be foul play, we might not want everyone knowing what we are doing, to not take any chances hampering an investigation!!! Thank you for understanding and for your help and concern, in this investigation!!!

He posted last night that he sent a deputy to check out where the motorcycle was seen and surprise, surprise, it wasn't there. Not such a good idea to put tips like that on a fb page.

Tezi informed me this link doesn't work. I don't know what's wrong; it works when I click on it. It's a photo of Steve Jones with this information:

"Missing Person in blue shirt, Steve Jones last seen in Texarkana Arkansas on March 16th riding a plum colored Honda motorcycle with back rest with dent in front fender and tear in backrest. If you can help with any information please call James Prince at 903-276-1836."

Tezi informed me this link doesn't work. I don't know what's wrong; it works when I click on it. It's a photo of Steve Jones with this information:

"Missing Person in blue shirt, Steve Jones last seen in Texarkana Arkansas on March 16th riding a plum colored Honda motorcycle with back rest with dent in front fender and tear in backrest. If you can help with any information please call James Prince at 903-276-1836."

Thanks jrc! I appreciate that you told us what the link said. I tried it numerous times and I got a message that wouldn't allow me to see the what the link said!

I get the response "content is currently unavailable".

Blondie and Tez, have you looked at the fb page of James Prince? There are several photos of Steve posted there.

Blondie and Tez, have you looked at the fb page of James Prince? There are several photos of Steve posted there.

Yes, I have. Thanks jrc!

Someone contacted equuasearch. I'm not familiar with it. From what I was told, the sheriff's department would have to invite them to come in, and I'm not sure they are interested in doing that right now.

There is a new search planned for tomorrow using dogs. It's just since all this rain we've had this week, I don't see how that will help much. Pessamistic as usual. :(

We need someone who is good at writing to write this one up and shop it to the national media stations. Reading at FFJ Wounded lost his son to a drug overdose (meth.) He then began to work to rid the area of meth. In the process it looks like he may have run up against some officals in office. So national attention may be helpful here.

Steven Curtis Jones II - Forums For Justice

What can I do to help?

What can I do to help?

We need to get a brief summary written up that we can send to like Nancy Grace, 48 hrs and 20/20. It needs to be brief but with enough info in it that it might capture a producers attention.

So a statement on him missing, a statement on what/how he spent his time looking for missing/fighting drugs etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back