TX TX - Steve Jones, 57, Bowie County, 16 Mar 2012 - FFJ member "Wounded"

Bumping for Steve!!!!

We need to get a brief summary written up that we can send to like Nancy Grace, 48 hrs and 20/20. It needs to be brief but with enough info in it that it might capture a producers attention.

So a statement on him missing, a statement on what/how he spent his time looking for missing/fighting drugs etc.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. I will try to get this to you soon.

I have distributed all of my missing posters. I took one to the local sheriff's office and they were going to make copies to give to the deputies. Is there anything else I can do from here????

I have distributed all of my missing posters. I took one to the local sheriff's office and they were going to make copies to give to the deputies. Is there anything else I can do from here????

Many, many thanks tezi. If there's more that you can do, I don't know what it is.

I found a three year old article from ABC news featuring Steve. On the last page, he talks about personal death threats and threats made to his wife and child on topix.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/AheadoftheCurve/story?id=6960397

Jones’ sisters offer $500 reward

Both women believe foul play is involved

The sisters of a Liberty-Eylau man are offering a reward for information about what happened to Steven Curtis Jones, who’s been missing since March 16.

~ snip ~

Jones commented frequently on the Texarkana Topix online message board, where Sturdivant said “he had some enemies.”

“After Steve went missing, I got on there,” she said. “There were several threats made against him, so I thought, ‘Well if there has been foul play, maybe (there’s) somebody that knows something, maybe $500 would bring him out.’ I’m willing to try about anything.”

~ snip ~

Sheriff James Prince said there’s no credible evidence pointing toward foul play.

“The family had received information from someone saying that foul play had occurred,” Prince said.

“However, investigators found that information to be false.”

Prince mentioned additional rumors that were posted on Topix but noted it’s hard to account for the veracity of information posted on such a forum.

“He was routinely on Topix and was argumentative with a lot of people and because of him being argumentative with a lot of people and people arguing back with him, there were rumors -- I want to stress, rumors - that someone may have hurt him because of things that were said on Topix.

“People routinely get on Topix and say things using fake names that they may or may not even mean.”

Prince said authorities still believe Jones could have been involved in some sort of accident.

~ snip ~

If Jones did meet with foul play, Prince said anyone who provides information leading to an arrest and conviction could be rewarded with up to $1,000 from Crime Stoppers, in addition to the reward offered by Jones’ family.

Prince asked that anyone with possibly relevant information on the case call the sheriff’s office at 903-798-3149. Lt. Jerl Palmore is assigned to the case. Tipsters can also call Crime Stoppers at 903-793-STOP.

texarkanagazette.com

04/03/2012

This is a terrible situation. I hope Steve's wife has lots of loving support surrounding her right now. I'm glad so many here are helping however they can. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up.

I hate to put something so pessimistic on here...do you think LE has been looking at craigslist to see if someone is trying to sell the motorcycle?

Also, I have seen no mention of where he was headed. Was he just going out for a spin, or did he have a destination. Sorry if this was on the radio show, I couldn't listen.

I keep checking back hoping that he has returned home or they have found him! It's so horrible to think that something like this could happen to one of us! My thoughts and prayers are with Wounded's loved ones, they've been through so much and now this.

I hate to put something so pessimistic on here...do you think LE has been looking at craigslist to see if someone is trying to sell the motorcycle?

Also, I have seen no mention of where he was headed. Was he just going out for a spin, or did he have a destination. Sorry if this was on the radio show, I couldn't listen.

I doubt if they have deca. But that is a good idea, and now that you mention it, I think that was suggested on the program.

He was headed out for a short ride to cool off after working in the garden, maybe 15 minutes tops, no destination.

I doubt if they have deca. But that is a good idea, and now that you mention it, I think that was suggested on the program.

He was headed out for a short ride to cool off after working in the garden, maybe 15 minutes tops, no destination.

You are right, it is doubtful. If someone did him harm, that would be a stupid move on his part. If Mr. Jones left the bike somewhere on the side of the road and someone stole it, that would also be doubtful that someone would use such a public forum to sell it.

I checked CL anyway just to be sure. Nothing. Which is maybe a good thing? Maybe Mr. Jones decided to leave?

But given the fact that he claimed to be going out for a quick spin (15 min would be probably at max 7 mi away, given 60 mph= 1 mi/hr) leads me mainly to an accident. If he wanted to run, he might have said he was going for the afternoon. If he was meeting someone for some reason he might say something more than 15 min. Since this seems to be a spontaneous trip I think it would be difficult for any of his enemies to lay in wait for him, although they could have seen him coincidentally. This leads me to an accident. moo

You are right, it is doubtful. If someone did him harm, that would be a stupid move on his part. If Mr. Jones left the bike somewhere on the side of the road and someone stole it, that would also be doubtful that someone would use such a public forum to sell it.

I checked CL anyway just to be sure. Nothing. Which is maybe a good thing? Maybe Mr. Jones decided to leave?

But given the fact that he claimed to be going out for a quick spin (15 min would be probably at max 7 mi away, given 60 mph= 1 mi/hr) leads me mainly to an accident. If he wanted to run, he might have said he was going for the afternoon. If he was meeting someone for some reason he might say something more than 15 min. Since this seems to be a spontaneous trip I think it would be difficult for any of his enemies to lay in wait for him, although they could have seen him coincidentally. This leads me to an accident. moo

I am confident Steve didn't decide to leave, as in leave for good. My thought is if he had an accident, he and his bike would have shown up early on.

He lives on a one way in, one way out road. It's probably about a mile from the FM road you turn off of to the end of his road, and he lives near the end of it. There aren't that many homes on the road, the ones that are on it are toward the end where he lives. The only thing the first half mile or so of the road is a salvage yard on one side, nothing except woods on the other.

I may be wrong about this, but I'm thinking he was on the outs with some of the folks on his road (besides others who don't live that far away). I think it may have been easy enough for someone on his road to alert someone else that he was out. We are creatures of habit, so he probably went the same way most days he went riding.

Some of his ex wife's family live in the area, probably within five miles. I don't think they got along, in fact I think Steve may have helped get her brother busted a few years ago. And I think some cop Steve despises was known to roam the area.

Then again I may be way off base in what I think; it's happened before.

Thank you for checking Craig's List. Could it have been listed several weeks ago and not be there now?

I am confident Steve didn't decide to leave, as in leave for good. My thought is if he had an accident, he and his bike would have shown up early on.

He lives on a one way in, one way out road. It's probably about a mile from the FM road you turn off of to the end of his road, and he lives near the end of it. There aren't that many homes on the road, the ones that are on it are toward the end where he lives. The only thing the first half mile or so of the road is a salvage yard on one side, nothing except woods on the other.

I may be wrong about this, but I'm thinking he was on the outs with some of the folks on his road (besides others who don't live that far away). I think it may have been easy enough for someone on his road to alert someone else that he was out. We are creatures of habit, so he probably went the same way most days he went riding.

Some of his ex wife's family live in the area, probably within five miles. I don't think they got along, in fact I think Steve may have helped get her brother busted a few years ago. And I think some cop Steve despises was known to roam the area.

Then again I may be way off base in what I think; it's happened before.

Thank you for checking Craig's List. Could it have been listed several weeks ago and not be there now?

I checked only that city's craigslist but I checked it back until the day he was missing. No honda shadows of that color or approx. age. I did not check other craiglists though.

Was steve known to stick to the roads? It looks like it is strictly road bike- but did he ever take a spin off a dirt side road? That was more of my idea of an accident. For example Jessica Ronhock who accidentally drove off the road, hiding her vehicle from sight.
If it was someone he knew and had a grudge with...I don't see them lying in wait for him. Maybe he was buzzing by and they were in their car and stopped and exchanged words...leading to a fight? Because if they wanted to get him- they knew where he lived and could have started trouble at any point. I am sure LE is looking into all of this enemies stuff.

I wonder what the locals are saying.

I checked only that city's craigslist but I checked it back until the day he was missing. No honda shadows of that color or approx. age. I did not check other craiglists though.

Was steve known to stick to the roads? It looks like it is strictly road bike- but did he ever take a spin off a dirt side road? That was more of my idea of an accident. For example Jessica Ronhock who accidentally drove off the road, hiding her vehicle from sight.
If it was someone he knew and had a grudge with...I don't see them lying in wait for him. Maybe he was buzzing by and they were in their car and stopped and exchanged words...leading to a fight? Because if they wanted to get him- they knew where he lived and could have started trouble at any point. I am sure LE is looking into all of this enemies stuff.

I wonder what the locals are saying.

I'm under the impression he stayed on paved roads. Maybe he did stop and exchange words with someone leading to a fight. I don't think anyone would have come to his house looking for him, altho I think perhaps that did happen in the not so distant past. They didn't get far.

I hope LE is looking into everything. But really there's not much they can do other than question people, is there? And how are they to know if someone is telling the truth or not. I mean, if anyone did take his life, they sure aren't going to admit it. And if there's no evidence, and the sheriff says there isn't, well ... And I don't think it is any secret that there are a few in law enforcement and perhaps even a judge or two, maybe a few attorneys, who would be glad to see him gone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back