Why did the WM3 do it?

Despite what some others are of the opinion of i can attest to having watched and heard him say the words and IMO they are even more chilling than just reading the words of the "boogeyman" quote...jmo, tho and to each their own..

This case will always have the line drawn in the sand and sadly there's no hope of that ever being resolved imo..if the three were innocent there'd be hope one day that the "real killers" would be arrested and stand trial..but IMO the real killers have already been arrested, stood trial, were all found guilty and to this day remain guilty of the murder of Steve, Michael, Chris.. there will never be resolution and it'll remain with the "real killers" out there somewhere in the wild blue yonder with Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldmans"real killer" as well.

Of course jmo and nada damn thing more ;)

The "boogeyman" quote was taken out of context, sliced and diced by the producers. Here are Damien's thoughts leading up to that statement. It puts things in an entirely different perspective. JMO

http://video.vulture.com/video/Vulture-Exclusive-Paradise-Lo-2#c=W3LR0R1QNY942N7M&t=Vulture
Exclusive: 'Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory' - Lost Footage

^ Not many people would bother to find that themselves, it's easier to have an opinion than facts as it seems.

well done for steering people that seem to be uneducated and or ignorant.

Wow, so sorry we are ignorant for thinking something about a comment. You have no idea how educated or uneducated people here are, so to make that uneducated and or ignorant comment was uncalled for.

We are allowed to think things for ourselves.

The link with the lost footage didnt have the comment of him thinking it would be 'cool cause then he will be known as the boogeyman, when kids go to sleep they will be looking under their beds for him'. It was his talking before hand, so it still puts the whole comment not in the right context either. You cant take back what he said. It is as plain as day on PL1.

Come on Aura, I think there's no doubt that PL1 was edited in various ways which didn't show any of the protaganists accurately. Showing the comments Damien made just before and after the boogeyman comment is relevant and does show the context.

The same complaint can be made about others in the film too - most horribly, Michael's family gave the film makers home video footage of their son, but all you see in PL1 is the awful crime scene footage of his corpse. While I respect Berlinger and Sinofsky for drawing attention to an important case, I don't like them for that.

Oh I agree with you, I do not and did not like how in each PL, they had to show the crime scene photos, and the bodies of these children. That was horrible.

The context for the boogeyman comment, I can see how he was saying the stuff in the clip provided by Twall. But it didnt have the boogeyman comment in that video. But I dont see how the producers edited the film to make it seem like he said something that he didnt. It is plain, he says, 'I kinda like it, Ill be known as the West Memphis boogeyman for this.' I agree it couldve been edited to make it seem out of context... but I dont see how that comment couldve been something else before it.. Why would he say, 'I kinda like it' Do you think there couldve been something else he said after the 'it' that wasnt 'I kinda like it now I will be known as the boogeyman'?

Without seeing the unedited footage there's no way of knowing, but in general I would be skeptical of a clip from a movie. Especially when people on both sides of the debate have complained that the same movie misrepresented them.

I'll try to look at it. That's all I can promise. Right now I've got several irons in the fire (not case related) and seem to have less time for the Internet. Hopefully, when everything is cleared up (next week, I hope), I'll have more time for that.

i realize we are on opposite sides on this case - but, seriously, i really feel that you will enjoy DE's twitter account - not guilty or innocent or anything like that at all - just reading what he and lorri (sp?) are up to, comments from his book, several trailers (1 of the peter jackson movie/doc, and several of DE reading from his new book). given your interest in the case (i have one as well!), i just thought you might enjoy it.

whether it is the real Damien or not I follow and love his twitter feed.he always stayed true to himself.And there is NO way,No way in a million years I could imagine someone who loves poetry,art,magick to be involved in something evil.it takes a savage to do evil.
"What do I want to grow? Stability,and continued healing. What do I want to banish? Trauma."

Well this is just a guess but maybe he was "kinda liking the idea of being remembered" not so much the idea of being the "boogeyman". Obviously being remembered for a horrible crime is not something to be admired.
Maybe he would still be thinking all this would be over soon and that it's all just a big mistake, so perhaps looking lightly on a (in hindsight) really bad situation.
Just trying to think like a 16 year old again...

Well this is just a guess but maybe he was "kinda liking the idea of being remembered" not so much the idea of being the "boogeyman". Obviously being remembered for a horrible crime is not something to be admired.

I do think Damien said the comment because he liked the idea of being remembered. He says before that comment he kinda likes it cause he will be remembered. Damien even said a few years later that was a stupid comment he made when he was still mad. I do not think the comment made him a murderer, just arrogant and stupid. What I dont like is some people have their opinions about this case, and they think that theirs is the right one, and everyone else is just ignorant or stupid.

whether it is the real Damien or not I follow and love his twitter feed.he always stayed true to himself.And there is NO way,No way in a million years I could imagine someone who loves poetry,art,magick to be involved in something evil.it takes a savage to do evil.
"What do I want to grow? Stability,and continued healing. What do I want to banish? Trauma."

I have no doubt it is him.The one thing we have in common besides music is the hatred of summer.I chuckled when he tweeted that.

BBM
Charles Manson loves music, writing lyrics (poetry), and art,

Before Charles Manson became one of America's most famous murderers, he was a singer-songwriter in Los Angeles. Some of his songs were released commercially. Various musicians, including Guns N' Roses, White Zombie and Marilyn Manson, have recorded them.

Here are some of Charlie's paintings:
http://www.google.com/search?q=char...BCarY6wHS_ej3CA&ved=0CFYQsAQ&biw=1356&bih=550

Charlie didn't even actually kill anyone. Maybe Depp & Co. will take on his cause next. Free pass for anyone who is all artsy and emo.

Charlie didn't even actually kill anyone. Maybe Depp & Co. will take on his cause next. Free pass for anyone who is all artsy and emo.
Damien states that he didn't actually kill anyone either. They should correspond with each other. Maybe they already do?

The title of the thread "why did the WM3 do it?"
If we cant find a reason does that mean they didnt do it?

Sometimes there is no reason, just evil deeds.

I think they did it because they were bullies and were drunk and got carried away. They were all violent. Misskelly was no innocent. He had a history of violence and substance abuse. He was experienced in being in legal trouble and was street smart to an extent. The motive is no mystery.

Damien's 500 was an eye opener read. I agree with some that it does not make him a murderer. But he sure wasnt a saint either. I think some of it was teenager angst, but some of it was down right scary. Him wanting to eat the faces off his parents. His mom will say now that never happened, but if you look in the notes, she states she was scared for herself and her kids with him in the house. The skulls of animals doesnt bother me as much. I dont like it, and think its pretty gross, but I know some boys in their younger years get in to some crazy crap. LOL But what does bother me, is him saying he wanted to sacrifice a baby cause the blood would make him a God. Nope still doesnt make him a murderer, but doesnt make him sane either. I guess he couldve made this stuff up to shock the hospital people.. I think that would be pretty stupid too. Just cause I dont like Damien and I think he has got some major problems, doesnt mean he murdered the boys. But I do want to know for sure who did this.

I've read through some of this and it appears to explain a little of what may have occurred in reference to the "baby killing", not saying this is true but it suggests that it was a rumor and denied by Damien at that time.

Baby Sacrifice Rumors
http://wm3truth.com/damien-echols-profile/

I will finish reading when I can, although this may be debunked before then ;p

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7114636&postcount=227"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - My view has done a complete 180[/ame]

Damien's 500 was an eye opener read. I agree with some that it does not make him a murderer. But he sure wasnt a saint either. I think some of it was teenager angst, but some of it was down right scary. Him wanting to eat the faces off his parents. His mom will say now that never happened, but if you look in the notes, she states she was scared for herself and her kids with him in the house. The skulls of animals doesnt bother me as much. I dont like it, and think its pretty gross, but I know some boys in their younger years get in to some crazy crap. LOL But what does bother me, is him saying he wanted to sacrifice a baby cause the blood would make him a God. Nope still doesnt make him a murderer, but doesnt make him sane either. I guess he couldve made this stuff up to shock the hospital people.. I think that would be pretty stupid too. Just cause I dont like Damien and I think he has got some major problems, doesnt mean he murdered the boys. But I do want to know for sure who did this.

If there is one thing I learned in my 25 years of teaching teenagers, it's that very few of them are saints! I've heard teens say things just as bad as the "eat his face off" comment in parent/teacher conferences. Many people don't realize just how graphic some teens can be. I'm very glad that my teenaged antics aren't on display for everyone to see because I was no saint, either!

Yes, there are some very disturbing things in Exhibit 500. However, I wonder how much was exaggerated in an effort at mitigating Damien's punishment or in an effort to get Damien the disability status that some of the information was intended to do. I know, again through my teaching experience, that, on occasion, symptoms are exaggerated for that purpose.

Remember, Exhibit 500 was introduced by the defense during the penalty phase of the trial. It was not evidence at the trial and therefore played no part in Damien's conviction. Sometimes I think people forget that fact.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769
Back