OR OR - Brian Page, 16, Salem, 12 Jan 1975

What about this link on namus https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6480. It is approximately 137 miles away from last know county and there isn't a lot of information. I didn't see Brian Page's name on the exclusion list and there isn't anything saying how long the known remains where there, also wasn't found until 2006. New at looking on the site, just offering an opinion.

just learning of this case today. I am not familiar of the effects that LSD has on a person. Can David not remember why he was no longer with Brian? Why he needed to steal a car and why he no longer had his own car? So frustrating. I feel like he has to be involved in some way, even if it was drug-induced.

What about this link on namus https://identifyus.org/en/cases/6480. It is approximately 137 miles away from last know county and there isn't a lot of information. I didn't see Brian Page's name on the exclusion list and there isn't anything saying how long the known remains where there, also wasn't found until 2006. New at looking on the site, just offering an opinion.
Does this UID have a thread in the WS Unidentified forum? If not, you can start one or ask a Mod to help.

I looked at the Namus info, and there are 2 articles of clothing (poncho and shoe). Brian's (or whomever's) family could possibly identify them (and test DNA).

Good find!

I did go to see a psychic who worked with the police, and she said he was driving away from Salem and trying to sober up. She said the car skidded on ice and went into Detroit Lake. This lake does dry up quite a bit in summer, and I don't know how deep it is behind the dam. I'm sure it's possible, but with all the fishing and water sports on this lake, it seems something would have turned up by now. It is still heartbreaking when I think of Brian's disappearance. I just wish we knew what happened to him.

http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/state/...dentified-as-wisconsin-man-missing-since-1984

I'm honestly convinced that he drove into a river or lake, it makes sense. I've had personal experiences with Hallucinogens, I was in a car (NOT driving, thank God) and I saw animals and crazy things in the roads, turns to the roads that weren't really there, I was convinced that we were going to go off a bridge because she wasn't following the "road."

Has any sonar equipment been used on the lake or any/all the bodies of water in Oregon?

Does this UID have a thread in the WS Unidentified forum? If not, you can start one or ask a Mod to help.

I looked at the Namus info, and there are 2 articles of clothing (poncho and shoe). Brian's (or whomever's) family could possibly identify them (and test DNA).

Good find!

Right "Voit" brand shoe
They say the shoe is Voit brand.
If it's this company
http://www.voit.com.cn/en/About_Profile.html
the UID is not Brian Page who has been missing since 1975.

VOIT group founded in 1993 and created the brand of VOIT in 1996.

Here's more detail: Brian and his friend, David, had taken LSD this night, and were listening to music at their friend's home in Salem. When my sister and her friend returned from a party, David said he was freaking out, and he left the home. David's sister told Brian to go after him.
Brian, being a good friend, followed David out of the house. The Volkswagen bug was David's car, and they took off in this. The police picked David up around 5:00 am. He had broken into a car dealership and was racing down State St in the stolen car.
He said that he had been having a bad trip and thought he was in hell. So sometime between 2 am and 5 am my brother disappeared. He was driving the Volkswagen.
He was a good kid, and always let my mom know when he was going to be late. He also watched out for his siblings and friends. He may have e+perimented with drugs, but that was common for this time. It did not make him a bad kid, or make him irresponsible. He was a wonderful brother, and even though I was the oldest, he would look out for me.
I know that David was hypnotized to see if he could remember what happened to Brian, but it was not successful. My dad was always convinced that David had something to do with his disappearance, but I don't know that this is true. I do know that the police were judgmental and not at all sympathetic or helpful. They considered him to be just another runaway, and would not help my family. My mother (now deceased) would always break into tears when talking about the policeman who came to take the report. The lack of police response allowed my brother's disappearance to slip into oblivion.
I did go to see a psychic who worked with the police, and she said he was driving away from Salem and trying to sober up. She said the car skidded on ice and went into Detroit Lake. This lake does dry up quite a bit in summer, and I don't know how deep it is behind the dam. I'm sure it's possible, but with all the fishing and water sports on this lake, it seems something would have turned up by now. It is still heartbreaking when I think of Brian's disappearance. I just wish we knew what happened to him.
I checked into the Portland police cold cases, but his name's not listed there. It appears you have to have a body to be considered murdered or dead. If you're missing, you do not have a voice.

My heart goes out to you and I will pray for answers and peace of mind. I could be so wrong, but it certainly seems as if his friend was directly involved. That said, if he were having a bad trip he might only remember snippets of the evening. Perhaps what happened was so bad he has even surpressed part of the memory. I do suspect that your brother died trying to help his out of control friend. At some point let's hope that the friend has enough guts and heart, to speak up and tell everything he remembers. I suspect he knows where your brothers remains are.

His photo reminds me of this UID. http://doenetwork.org/cases/1415umar.html

1415UMAR.jpg

There is a discrepency between The Doe Network and MPCCN. The DN has him as being 5'6", but the MPCCN has this information: Height and Weight: 5'8; 155 pounds.

There is a big difference in the eye brow location in relation to the eyes themselves.

His photo reminds me of this UID. http://doenetwork.org/cases/1415umar.html

1415UMAR.jpg

There is a discrepency between The Doe Network and MPCCN. The DN has him as being 5'6", but the MPCCN has this information: Height and Weight: 5'8; 155 pounds.

There is a big difference in the eye brow location in relation to the eyes themselves.

Doesn't look like Joe to me. I was struck by how peaceful this young man looked. I can't imagine how someone doesn't recognize him! His goatee was a very progressive look for 1984, and would have made him a standout. BTW, I don't buy the witnesses story. Sounds like foul play to me.

check out this thread johnnie joe herrera who went missing also from a party but in california he drove a blue VW Volkswagon CA CA - Johnnie Joe Herrera, 20, Oxnard, 27 Aug 1971 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

there is this guy who was considered a suspect he named all his victims strangley and i think he had one named portland

Randy Kraft was the suspect http://articles.latimes.com/1988-10-02/local/me-4891_1_kraft-case-randy this is a list of his score cards as he would refer his victims to some of them were id some were not

number 16 on his score card lists PORTLAND--Name unconnected to any unsolved murder he was very active in 71-83 he was arrested in 83

check out this thread johnnie joe herrera who went missing also from a party but in california he drove a blue VW Volkswagon CA CA - Johnnie Joe Herrera, 20, Oxnard, 27 Aug 1971 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

there is this guy who was considered a suspect he named all his victims strangley and i think he had one named portland

Randy Kraft was the suspect http://articles.latimes.com/1988-10-02/local/me-4891_1_kraft-case-randy this is a list of his score cards as he would refer his victims to some of them were id some were not

number 16 on his score card lists PORTLAND--Name unconnected to any unsolved murder he was very active in 71-83 he was arrested in 83

Thank you for sharing this. This is very interesting and fits the time frame. Other murders he listed by location so this is could be relevant. Seems like he's claiming these are acquaintances on the list so no confessions anytime soon. I hope Brian is not involved.

This does not directly relate, but I noticed recently, a celeb named Johnny Lewis was on PCP and killed his landlord, her cat (both with bare hands), and started fighting neighbors with a 2x4. It took 3 men to hold him back from entering their home and said he was of "superhuman" strength. It's possible that the same kind of thing could have happened here with the hallucinations, fights, etc.

It would be nice if a journalist for a Portland or Salem newspaper would write a story on this case. It may jog a memory or two. Someone could have seen a car in the water somewhere, but just disregarded it, or maybe someone heard a rumor on this case which could turn out to be a good lead.

i still think randy kraft should be looked more into one of his victims he killed was named portland on his score card i am assuming its porland ore and not portland me as kraft was very active in the west coast california. we need to look to see what people went missing around the late 70s-83 from portland besides brian. i still think brian could be a victim of kraft

these are the people who went missing from ore in the mid to late 70s
John Haywood Barretoary 20, 1977 from Lake Oswego, Clackamas County, Oregon - but according to his family he was living in florida at the time he went missing so i am not sure why doe has him missing from ore

Jay Calvin Pringle
Missing since April 19, 1977 from Medford, Jackson County, Oregon. but he went missing in california

Edward Chester Nye
Missing since June 22, 1978 from Prospect, Jackson County, Oregon camping with a church group left to go fishing vanished

Randall Dean Leach
Missing since November 6, 1980 from Bend, Deschutes County, Oregon.
Classification: Missing last seen in idaho

The unidentified victims of Randy Kraft have a thread, too, at Websleuths. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119731

16. PORTLAND--Name unconnected to any unsolved murder.
Kraft was consulting for Lear Sigler Industries (LSI), with regional offices in Michigan, Oregon and San Diego. Kraft’s travellled for LSI—to Oregon, the San Francisco Bay area, and Michigan.

This is brought over from a post in the victims of Randy Kraft thread. Apparently Kraft did have work and traveled in Oregon so he would be in the vicinity that Brian was in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back